Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Merge Epic Cluster + Freedom Cluster

Merge Epic + Freedom?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic + Freedom

But jukimo you are not providing a reason to -1 this suggestion. Oh wait you are saying the same things again and again.

/sarcasm

Honestly, everyone knows why this suggestion is put up and still the ones putting it up act like they are playing bingo.

Edited by Hashirama

hmmmm  no thank you, I love my Epic world the way it is.

Because freedom is a pve world, it wouldnt be better to just delete chaos and bring those freedom fella that want pvp on to epic?

• Like 1

If your talking about moving elevation players away from their deeds and everything else they have spent 4+ years building. Then I would think only elevation votes would be relevant.

4+ years?

Elevation was reset last year, and Epic was released in around this time of the year back in 2012. Nowhere near 4+ years. 

I would assume he means Epic, and yeah October 2011 so 4 years one month seems like 4+ to me

Are we saying another map reset will fix pvp

This suggestion is even worse then the ele map reset.

And we all know how great that was and how incredibly fair the vote was...

• Like 6

This suggestion is even worse then the ele map reset.

And we all know how great that was and how incredibly fair the vote was...

because elevation was brimming with activity, right? right?

lmao

But jukimo you are not providing a reason to -1 this suggestion. Oh wait you are saying the same things again and again.

/sarcasm

Honestly, everyone knows why this suggestion is put up and still the ones putting it up act like they are playing bingo.

Because "you can already come over without your skills" is an argument against being able to bring your skills over.

Edited by Propheteer

Voted no because this idea cannot do what it tries to do.

Even if you successfully merge both playerbases, nothing changes for wurm as a whole.

I'd rather see actual game changes than another retry of what is not working.

• Like 2

The "Lazy enough to go to epic" thing is a joke. I went to epic because I wanted to be on a PvP server that actually has people. The combined epic servers are far bigger than chaos, and unlike Freedom/chaos there is nowhere on the epic servers that is 100% safe. Sure the grind is lower but it's a harder place to live.

Anyway that said, transporting us to freedom with all our epic skills is a slap in the face to all the freedomers when we gain XP at 2 times the normal rate.

I like this move but only on 2 conditions:

1. XP from epic characters only counts for 50% of that XP after the merge. So basically everyone is set to half their XP total. Mind you that isn't the same thing as half the level since the XP requirements to gain a level rises exponentially with each level. 

2. The XP of our epic characters is merged with any XP we gained on freedom as to not penalize people who played their characters on both servers. 

Edited by Eldurian

Do it.

Then flip Deli, Exo, Cele to Homeservers and connect them to Chaos.

• Like 1

this suggestion was literally put up so that some people who don't feel like grinding again can portal over their sotg accounts with 10+ valrei items used that they got from farming missions.

so the average MR account? except the average Epic account has 50-60 body, not 30

thanks for finally showing your cards

the difference being we can't jump thru a portal and keep all our skills etc like this thread is asking for. We grinded here because we wanted to play here (chaos)

the difference being we can't jump thru a portal and keep all our skills etc like this thread is asking for. We grinded here because we wanted to play here (chaos)

And people in the past didn't? I must say, Chaos was real enticing when it wasn't a PvP server and epic had 400 players online every day.

Based purely on "feel" and memory, I did over 97 mining on Wild, and 95 on Epic.  They felt pretty much the same

But based on "WU code" its much faster if using the correct ql tool and vein type on epic.

But based on "WU code" its much faster if using the correct ql tool and vein type on epic.

except WU skillgain is based off of successful actions and not really timers at all iirc.

played plenty of servers and the fastest way to gain any skill was with the fastest timers possible.

+1 The most important thing for me is quality pvp (as long as I don't lose more than +15% of my grind time in comparison).

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

this suggestion was literally put up so that some people who don't feel like grinding again can portal over their sotg accounts with 10+ valrei items used that they got from farming missions.

Just Gary and Nahjo. Nahjo bought most of his and Gary is an anomaly who would have that if he played on chaos anyway.

afaik meditating to get SOTG is alot harder on Epic.

+1 Figured I'd add my thoughts just in case this suggestion gets any serious consideration, this time.

First and foremost here is my reply to what many people are saying in this thread: 

1. Whether or not certain individuals that are giving this a +1 belong to a group that created a new pmk on Chaos and want play with their friends is irrelevant to the big picture. The fact that it has been suggested many times and still consolidates PvP. So yeah, it probably benefits OP and his friends but at the same time it benefits PvP and the Wurm community as a whole (no, I am not affiliated with this group of players in any way). Plus we aren't just consolidating two PvP servers, we're consolidating the entirety of the Wurm Online population into one cluster. Based on current numbers as of this post it could more than double the active Chaos population, and adds approximately 10% to the active Freedom cluster population. I use wording like "could" and "approximately" because yeah, if the clusters are merged some people are going to quit. But we lose people daily and hopefully enough people can see the possibility of the benefits outweighing the losses in the long term.

2. I've no idea how to transfer Epic player skills while keeping some sort of "prestige" for the Chaos players that have spent more time grinding their skills (in some cases, see the post that describes the difficulty of skilling on Epic from 1 to 70, vs 70 to 99). It would be highly unfair to take a % off of real_skill because a lot of players on Epic have spent crazy time getting skills into 90+ category, and for most of the skills that takes so long because of the frequency being based off of the curved skill. The only thing that is increased by a static amount would be characteristics right? if this is so I would suggest keeping the real_skill of the Epic players and have some sort of scaled drop in characteristics, perhaps 5-10% based on the tier (80+ is a tier, 70+ is a tier, 60+ is a tier, etc or something of the sort) I'm sure some smart person out there could come up with a fair system based on the time it takes to raise characteristics at given skill levels. Plus we're already heavily gimped on our body stamina. 

3. Yeah, losing everything you've built on Epic is awful. Especially for the people who have rebuilt multiple times already ( Ele, BLH). But this wouldn't just be another fad reset, it would be the final exodus for Epic players. (Yes, I am an Epic player, and would lose time spent as well.)

That being said, I only agree with the merging of Epic INTO Chaos if it is completely merged. I don't agree with a partial as that defeats the whole purpose of said consolidation and just leaves residual problems. 

• Like 6

I voted yes to merging based on the following personal preferences

1) All epic servers shutdown and chaos server shutdown as well

2) One new, smaller server be implemented to replace all PVP servers. Idea is to get people closer together, cut down on travel time, make borders touching each other which means patrols will encounter the enemy far more often (Likely Exodus sized server - nice and small to encourage combat).

3) Remove connection to Freedom as well

4) Reverse epic curve formula applied so that epic skills transfer to freedom, modify the body stamina and meditation levels since both are much harder to gain on Epic. Similar formulas can be applied to chaos players for any skills that are markedly easier to earn on epic compared to Freedom (at 90+ level)

For this to work both sides, Chaos and Epic need to have some skin in the game. It's not enough for Epic players to lose everything nor is it enough to just transfer characters to an existing map. Make it a fresh start for all. Reading through the MR history it appears that map resets encouraged an entirely different level of combat. Perhaps that is what is needed here.

• Like 1

How about...

We just attatch elevations northern border to chaos?

Like... For real.

People who like doing scenarios, valrei effects and stuff can continue doing that.

Freedomers continue being freedomers.

Home server peeps continue chillin on their home servers.

Chaos and Epics kingdoms whack eachother as much as they want. :D

Genius.png

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 7

How about...

Like... For real.

I don't have any problem with this other than both maps being so big. I mean, at that point we're not really centralizing the PvP community, we're just putting us all back into a single shard universe.

• Like 2

How about...

Like... For real.

People who like doing scenarios, valrei effects and stuff can continue doing that.

Freedomers continue being freedomers.

Home server peeps continue chillin on their home servers.

Chaos and Epics kingdoms whack eachother as much as they want. :D

It's not what i have in mind as i think a lot of servers are too empty to be around, but this would also bring PvP so it does have my support.

either way i do hope a merge happens before the population is too little to really make a change...

la de da de

or well, we could wait and get hyped at having the same population we did pre-reset after the new year and still in decline!

Edited by Propheteer