Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Merge Epic Cluster + Freedom Cluster

Merge Epic + Freedom?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic + Freedom

*munch on some popcorn while reading all the comments*

So give a command to transfer but dont enforce the usage of it.

Those who wanna move can do so, those who want to remain do that.

in short: everyone choose to do what they would enjoy the most.

So basically make a new command so that you and your group can come with their account and skills. Just for the sake of one group and their will to play on chaos, the game devs have to provide a command and what not.

This could have been avoided if you played on chaos rather than playing on epic, honestly just use the epic portal. This comment of zekezor clearly states that all they(propheteer and his group) want is to bring all their toons to chaos with their epic skills.

Why? Because the problem of epic won't solve and most of the players will stay on epic, so how are you contributing to the boost in pvp population? You are just making a big fuss for your own gain and even a blind person can see it clearly after reading this comment of yours.

uh... wut?

My char has skills on both clusters and started out on chaos old JKH that was connected to wild over 6 years ago lol.

Personally I don't care about transfer for myself, I just want more people to pvp with.

There is too little fights nowdays and when there is then its small numbers.

if you want more people to pvp with, then ask your epic buddies to come over and buy new toons or grind

honestly I have seen this same

"Please let us come to chaos with our epic skills" later saying "Oh i already have skills on chaos,i wont benefit from this change"

If you or your friends want to play on chaos, just come through the epic portal. Is that really hard to understand? Caus clearly from the discussion "all of epic players want to come" is just a ruse you guys are pulling off to get your toon to chaos.

If chaos players quit because of this then something is really wrong with the chaos mindset. 

Look, no one cares or fears your group of nab pvpers from epic. The thing is, if you want to play just grind here or buy toons like everyone else did. When I played on epic for some time I did grind my own toon rather than posting suggestions to allow me to take my account with my skills to epic. Honestly that is what you guys are trying to do for your new pmk and you should probably stop.

I would be all for this if chaos wasnt such a terrible broken server full of cheated accounts and items. Look at the fountain container topic there was 2 weeks ago, thats just one of the many legacy items that came from there, lots of freedom players got screwed by it when they connected chaos to freedom and chaos players started selling their intentionally bugged items on freedom for real money. The same will happen to epic players, and most epic players would sadly quit chaos fast and leave it to die in the cesspool of unfair pvp, broken accounts and cheated items that it is. It won't be the glorious uniting of pvp that delusional chaos players dream it to be, it will be driving 90% of epic players out of the game or straight to other freedom servers. Chaos, not just the map but the accounts and all items, is too broken to ever facilitate active pvp.

Edited by Theshrike

Look, no one cares or fears your group of nab pvpers from epic. The thing is, if you want to play just grind here or buy toons like everyone else did. When I played on epic for some time I did grind my own toon rather than posting suggestions to allow me to take my account with my skills to epic. Honestly that is what you guys are trying to do for your new pmk and you should probably stop.

• Like 1

I don't really think you did your math.

You gave woodcutting for example. Yes at 95+ woodcutting is harder on epic because there are no higher difficulty trees meaning you'll have a few % lower tickrate compared to frreedom because of your effective skill being 99+.  But the difference isnt very big at all.

If you look at mining, because of Gold/marble being so extremely difficulty you can keep a constant good tickrate even at 99 skill on epic. Gold and marable will give you the same tickrate as you would on freedom/chaos until you reach a 100. And you do get double the gain for this skill.

So WC might be slower at 95+ but mining is faster all the way to 100.

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 1

Whatever you say lazzyboy.

The concern is not us specifically wanting to play on chaos. Chaos map is ######. The concern is simply to consolidate the pvp. The ###### you mean noone fears our group, we never implied anyone did. It's people like you that will cause this game to eventually die out. Always opposing change that benefits just about everyone for no valid reason

Have seen so many posts by you and your group saying over and over again "Chaos pvpers scared of epic pvpers". :)

And about my comments, It's pretty clear what this 1 group is trying to achieve from all this drama and zekezor's comment reinforces that. Not like i said that earlier but if you think am saying the same things again, then perhaps you are not reading anything posted by people on this thread.

Instances of that are,

Me and jukimo continuously giving reasons and propheteer questioning "yeah but whats the reason?" Oh well....

And yeah I wouldn't shift the conversation from topic to show you all those quotes, just read carefully before you say that someone is going off-topic or saying the same things again.

Edited by Hashirama

Have seen so many posts by you and your group saying over and over again "Chaos pvpers scared of epic pvpers". :)

Please show me.

Also, just so you know. This isnt "One group" thats supporting this from epic. There are many different groups. Lot of which despise each other. By no means would everyone be joining the new pmk. Some may even join your ragtag group

Edited by Josh

So WC might be slower at 95+ but mining is faster all the way to 100.

Based purely on "feel" and memory, I did over 97 mining on Wild, and 95 on Epic.  They felt pretty much the same

So this is all about the new pmk...... Guess it wasn't hard to figure it out but thanks for the confirmation Josh.

• Like 1

So this is all about the new pmk...... Guess it wasn't hard to figure it out but thanks for the confirmation Josh.

If thats what you're getting from this then im sorry, but you're sorely mistaken. If you think theres currently 132 (the number that have voted yes so far) people that would be joining this new pmk i dont know what to tell ya.

132 people? Most could be forum alts as well, and I know why propheteer wants an in game poll so that a clearer idea can be drawn rather than forum alt abuse. But honestly, this topic is not really as much favored by both epic or freedom players. In game polls are held for topics which get favored more like Release+Pristine merge with the old freedom and such topics.

132 people? Most could be forum alts as well, and I know why propheteer wants an in game poll so that a clearer idea can be drawn rather than forum alt abuse. But honestly, this topic is not really as much favored by both epic or freedom players. In game polls are held for topics which get favored more like Release+Pristine merge with the old freedom and such topics.

So basically make a new command so that you and your group can come with their account and skills. Just for the sake of one group and their will to play on chaos, the game devs have to provide a command and what not.

This could have been avoided if you played on chaos rather than playing on epic, honestly just use the epic portal. This comment of zekezor clearly states that all they(propheteer and his group) want is to bring all their toons to chaos with their epic skills.

Why? Because the problem of epic won't solve and most of the players will stay on epic, so how are you contributing to the boost in pvp population? You are just making a big fuss for your own gain and even a blind person can see it clearly after reading this comment of yours.

• Like 1

But merging won't mean more people.

Epic and chaos are two completely different games, you'd kill off the population of players who truly like to play on epic with it's quirks. We'd end up with just as small of a community on one server.

Just feels you guys are just trying to push an agenda without really thinking of the consequences it might bare on players other than yourself.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 1

But merging won't mean more people.

Epic and chaos are two completely different games, you'd kill off the population of players who truly like to play on epic with it's quirks. We'd end up with just as small of a community on one server.

Just feels you guys are just trying to push an agenda without really thinking of the consequences it might bare on players other than yourself.

Again. All that should matter is if the majority agrees with it. Hence why an ingame poll is necessary, because if going only off of the forum poll, theres plenty of reason to make it happen

• Like 4

Really only the majority should matter for a total cluster wipe?  Everyone that is against this is supposed to just take it and not care because you think it's all that matters?  There's plenty of reason to not make it happen from a dev standpoint alone.  This isn't resetting a map, it's not even close and Ele reset isn't near a comparison

I guess I'll start by saying that I fully agree consolidating the players would no doubt be better in the long run, for the same reason I am always against opening new servers. However for me at this point its just way too raw and soon since the last blow. I would like some time to let things settle from not only being burned out rebuilding already along with most people I play with also, but letting the dust settle from WU too. The rebuild on Elevation was softened somewhat being able to pre prepare materials and having loaded knarrs ready for the task but still took months to even start to feel anything resembling normal play, this would not be the case for the proposed scenario.

People claim anyone against the idea is selfish only wanting what is best for themselves, this was what we were told during the Elevation debate by people who would knowingly quit playing again shortly after the reset, and that is exactly what they did. Polls on the forum and ingame are both subject to legions of alts and people with no vested interest, also just like the Elevation reset where we clearly didn't have 250 active people playing on Elevation and still don't, and now we are stuck with an awful map that feels like a bunch of pve islands each kingdom to their own little area having solved nothing that was promised by these people claiming to know what was best and actually being worse off.

There are so many things wrong in this thread that I cant keep up with trying to address them all but some of the things that stood out the most to me were

- I think Stik? saying that we signed up for resets? No actually we didn't, that idea was scrapped before launch and confirmed by Rolf in a thread just a few short weeks after so no I made the decision to swap my focus from Freedom to Epic with the false security that what I did would stay done.

- People crying about tomes flooding Freedom? was that a joke or what? Freedom had more in the first week than Epic still has to this date.

- Arrowhun, my account started day one on epic but was around prior to that as a crappy sermon alt so what you are suggesting would mean 4 years of grinding gets cut down to maybe 15 prayer skill so no lol

- Flooding the freedom market? Most of us don't give a rats about selling stuff our priority is gearing and helping our kingdom to be stronger not seeing how much profit we can make.

- Missions exist on Freedom, yes they do but scenarios don't. Some of us enjoy the scenario game regardless of how broken and frustrating it may be, its not just about the sleep bonus and karma. 

- Stating it would only take a year to catch up on Chaos with a new account, if this was the case and it was so easy then what is the problem because it certainly doesn't make a good argument when trying to suggest its harder there if it would only take a year to catch up. Why should we be forced to completely trash 4 years.

I realise most of these have nothing to do with the OP I just wanted to share my thoughts on them.

The only way I could ever agree to this suggestion would be if Chaos was also wiped giving everyone the same displacement and fresh start, if we kept our actual skill (not effective skill) with no loss it may be different skilling but it wasn't all peaches and cream and so while we would be being told to just deal with being wiped yet again then Freedom can also just deal with our accounts as they are. Some time also would be nice because seriously the building burn out is real.

I have not voted because it is not a yes and it is not a no from me and other is just an ignored option with no real relevance because it incorporates every good and bad idea rolled into one meaningless vote. If forced it would be a no, not now, not on that map, not with that loss.

• Like 11

If your talking about moving epic players away from their deeds and everything else they have spent 4+ years building. Then I would think only elevation votes would be relevant.

Edited by Taltos

If your talking about moving elevation players away from their deeds and everything else they have spent 4+ years building. Then I would think only elevation votes would be relevant.

Good thing its not 4+ years because the map was reset what..? less than a year ago maybe?(my timing may be off but its no where near 4 years)

But yes i agree epic votes are more relevant

Edited by Josh

A lot of Epic players will quit due to this, and a lot of Chaos players will quit because of this.

I can understand Epic players leaving, but no Chaos player is going to quit the game because a bunch of dudes from Epic came back, and if they do, they clearly weren't very committed to the game anyways.

The other comments from the epic players about not enforcing the closing of the epic server with the 'merging' ( it wouldn't be a merging ) is dumb - and isn't what's being discussed.

The whole point of this thread is to centralize the PvP players into one server so that we have more activity for all involved, not for you to honeymoon your way to the freedom isles when you feel like it because you don't like your server anymore.  

There are so many things wrong in this thread that I cant keep up with trying to address them all but some of the things that stood out the most to me were

- I think Stik? saying that we signed up for resets? No actually we didn't, that idea was scrapped before launch and confirmed by Rolf in a thread just a few short weeks after so no I made the decision to swap my focus from Freedom to Epic with the false security that what I did would stay done.

That's interesting, I didn't actually know that Rolf had decided that he would do away with wipes before the cluster was released. My bad, thanks for pointing that out.

• Like 2

this suggestion was literally put up so that some people who don't feel like grinding again can portal over their sotg accounts with 10+ valrei items used that they got from farming missions.

If it wasn't put up for specifically that reason then players would just portal over using the epic portal and grind up again. Notice how every time it is brought up that they can do that someone is super against it. 

You are only stopping yourself from playing on chaos. There is no need for a merge. If you want to play on chaos you have the option to use an epic portal.

• Like 3

this suggestion was literally put up so that some people who don't feel like grinding again can portal over their sotg accounts with 10+ valrei items used that they got from farming missions.

While I don't support this suggestion I don't think 10+ items is a fair comparison.  I've been "farming" missions since the first ones years ago and have 11 items used, and at least in MR, I know I'm the extreme.  Most at best have 1-4.  Some people have more because they throw credit cards at things but worse happens on freedom...

• Like 4