Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Merge Epic Cluster + Freedom Cluster

Merge Epic + Freedom?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic + Freedom

And it doesnt affect Chaos players at all. Because the people requesting this change just want to go to freedom with their accounts to live a carebear life from now on. This has nothing to do with moving their buddies into the new PMK that coincidentally just got created exactly a week before this poll was started.

Edited by Postinglels
  • Like 1

make a ingame poll for everyone maybe ? it will effect everyone. not only chaos players. i guess most even dont read the forums :rolleyes: and that who read it, read it pob. wrong or try to troll and force it to close.

It's just a suggestion not the end of the world. I'm good with it when things go so or so. I don't care about pkm's, skills, deeds or even kingdoms - im just hardly looking at our playerbase on epic, chaos and freedom. Epic is dying - Keep it simple. My friends all playing on epic, some left to play WU, some quit forever - if they would join chaos/freedom i would start with them from scratch. i have no problem with it. but most of them put some years in their accounts and want to keep them. i think most of the hardest part would be the skill thing but i hardly can see only some small suggestions (no, not the "your are lazy make new account" or troll suggestions - that doesent count - see above text and mark years in your mind)

• Like 1

-1 to the transfer of skill sets.

I'd say any skill gets dropped to 50.

-1 to the transfer of skill sets.

I'd say any skill gets dropped to 50.

At that point, you might as well make a new account, which would defeat the purpose almost entirely.

I'd vote yes but any way you look at it you guys had constant double exp +4x exp with sb, there would need to be some sort of hard limit like 85 or a percentage modifier to lower all skills.

Edited by Maximillian
  • Like 1

I don't like it. I worked a long time for all my skills. They had it easy and now want to jump in our world and just take over. Not right at all. Now I wish I didn't pay for a whole year in advance. Because others get it easier then I do and I pay the same amount as them. They picked to spend the time to level up there then they stay there or start over.

I left the wild server when Epic opened. Because it was simply more fun for me. I have no desire to, and would not, return. 

• Like 2

*munch on some popcorn while reading all the comments*

So give a command to transfer but dont enforce the usage of it.

Those who wanna move can do so, those who want to remain do that.

in short: everyone choose to do what they would enjoy the most.

• Like 2

But you can come already thru epic portal. No need for the transfer command.

Edited by Wulfgarr
  • Like 1

Oh, so this turned from a merge epic pvp with chaos, into a let me jump into chaos pvp with no effort to build up my character like everyone else. Again, do you people have no shame, buy an account for chaos pvp or start over. Stop trying to find shortcuts, that will get you nowhere in life

• Like 1

Oh, so this turned from a merge epic pvp with chaos, into a let me jump into chaos pvp with no effort to build up my character like everyone else. Again, do you people have no shame, buy an account for chaos pvp or start over. Stop trying to find shortcuts, that will get you nowhere in life

uh... wut?

My char has skills on both clusters and started out on chaos old JKH that was connected to wild over 6 years ago lol.

Personally I don't care about transfer for myself, I just want more people to pvp with.

There is too little fights nowdays and when there is then its small numbers.

Edited by Zekezor

For me, sure, i got stuff on both servers.

But old epic players without chaos stuff most likely wont.

Yes, sorry, i conveniently forgot the entire portion of the thread that includes the part about skills and items.

What do you mean? Its been the same suggestion since it's been posted, literally nothing has been changed.

Also, please stop making the assumption that everyone here doesn't have/has had a good account, i'm willing to be most of us grinded up our original accounts and accounts after that to something far more than most the people commenting. (on freedom). Just because we want to play with more players, and just because some people aren't willing to start over again does not mean they are taking the easy way out. Thats a very very close minded way of looking at things.

On another note, i'm really diggin the argument of "you need to skill up like the rest of us" from the people who just bought their accounts too, i understand that when it comes from people who didn't.

Edited by Propheteer

If they get to move, Epic should be completely shut down.  It should be an all or nothing.  We all know Rolf isn't going to close Epic.

• Like 1

If they get to move, Epic should be completely shut down.  It should be an all or nothing.  We all know Rolf isn't going to close Epic.

This, allowing a partial move still isn't consolidating the population.

Still just a big old -1 from me.  People picked what they picked for their reasons.  I don't see why when most of you have characters on both freedom side and epic side that you do not just play on whatever side you want.  Only benefit I see for you changing is to bring items.  I don't think any items should be able to travel in any circumstance.

Still just a big old -1 from me.  People picked what they picked for their reasons.  I don't see why when most of you have characters on both freedom side and epic side that you do not just play on whatever side you want.  Only benefit I see for you changing is to bring items.  I don't think any items should be able to travel in any circumstance.

You obviously dont read. People dont just play on whatever side they want because the population of either side is too low for much pvp. Consolidating all the PvPers into one server is the single way to fix that. 

That's fine.  Play the character you already have on whichever side you want to play on.  Why do you have to force someone else to do what you want.  Is your gameplay so much more important than theirs?

• Like 3

That's fine.  Play the character you already have on whichever side you want to play on.  Why do you have to force someone else to do what you want.  Is your gameplay so much more important than theirs?

I agree that the whole "many clusters, many servers" idea is stupid with the small playerbase Wurm has. But I dont buy this solution fully either.

I think one (expandable) cluster with two servers will be the best. The merge is easy, just combine the maps - one pve and one pvp.

Example: add all the Freedom pve maps to the Xanadu map on their respective sides. This will keep deeds, permissions etc. And it will give the mighty good coders at Code Club some weeks work.

Same goes for pvp maps.

With this there will be two fairly large servers with "regions".

The problem with this solution is the people who still want Epic the way it is with modified skill gain, and I could understand that.

Maybe thats where WU comes into the picture.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 2

-1; You can use the portal thingy allready if you want to join the other cluster.

-1; You can use the portal thingy allready if you want to join the other cluster.

This is going to be the last thing I post in here, because as others said it's just getting repetitive;

This is a suggestion to consolidate

the pvp community

into one server

the most logical way

is to make epic merge with chaos, not chaos merge with epic, because then wurm will be "one" game with pvp and pve side by side.

this isn't some secret agenda signed by president bush to tactically drop secret agents into the kingdoms of Chaos, this isn't some on the whim suggestion that wasn't meant to be taken as a joke, this is a serious idea to finally solve any sort of issue with a large lump of problems with pvp in wurm

but instead of thinking the above, people want to just troll and think it's suggesting things like "bring epic-skilled toons to chaos/freedom THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS THEY HAVE 2X SKILGAIN" when in reality, there would be an algorithm to make skills equal to what they would be on freedom and none of the ludicrous thought-of outcomes that would happen.

There once was a game I played called Regnum Online, there was a euro and an American version, but eventually, I forget which, one side was really dwindling on numbers, so they just merged the two servers together and had one large player base.

There were even some people that used the excuse along the lines of "well I doN'T WANNA PLAY WITH THEM!", these people just up and formed their own group because logically, they all thought alike, so they all played together, I don't get what's so hard to understand about that, if you don't wanna play with people from some other group, then don't, be enemies, kill them instead of complaining that they're on your server.

I dont think some of the people pushing this so hard realise that not all the player bases will merge if this happens. A lot of Epic players will quit due to this, and a lot of Chaos players will quit because of this.

We'll just end up with less people on 1 server. 

Either way, if this does happen (I seriously doubt it will because I'd assume a poll would be needed for each server, and I would hope that only a 80+% vote on each would be accepted) I wont mind. 

• Like 1

I dont think some of the people pushing this so hard realise that not all the player bases will merge if this happens. A lot of Epic players will quit due to this, and a lot of Chaos players will quit because of this.

We'll just end up with less people on 1 server. 

Either way, if this does happen (I seriously doubt it will because I'd assume a poll would be needed for each server, and I would hope that only a 80+% vote on each would be accepted) I wont mind. 

If chaos players quit because of this then something is really wrong with the chaos mindset. 

• Like 2