Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Merge Epic Cluster + Freedom Cluster

Merge Epic + Freedom?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic + Freedom

Epic has 90 online right now [or it did when i last checked] and chaos had around 50. 

The difference is your 50 can go home to Freedom and be safe our 90 can't so our 90 [or w/e] online population can be killed if they sit on home/deed or not.

Why should 90+ players - with about half of whom are currently sitting on home-servers/deed and not actually play on Elevation [but can still be killed] - leave a server/cluster/skills to help out 50 people on Chaos who basically make the Skirmishes thread a bug report thread. They won't - so if a forced merge was made...Maybe they'd quit and that may leave you with 30-40 less players on the epic-merge side of things. 

Why should those 90+ players also have their work destroyed? If we're going to cutt of the home servers cut off the new server from Freedom so anybody who crosses loses their "home server" and work - Let the market / items be created as new - [with skill transfer only] - with portal back as an option -and make it it's own cluster. I feel like Epic is taking alot of hits/loses but if both servers wanted to step into a new cluster then sure I could be up for it. Atleast to test. Personally i don't see a merge happening, but I also don't understand the wills and ways of how chaos works and what a merge would involve, that's partly why I am posting here because I am currently a "no, but improve my understanding" situation. 

What about mechanics/pvp style who's do we use, on Epic we're running around in plate and on Chaos everybody is wearing a 90 euro set. Mine hops? Will they be disabled or will it all be about mine hopping. Won't people from chaos [if freedom isnt cut off] be able to just go back to their freedom deeds and have safe places with items aquired/resources aquired to get a head start more? We all know the ways the servers play pvp is different, what about items earned on epic as to those from Chaos? Tombs? Will missions still be a thing? 

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

Proph the shittiest thing for me out of all that response is the missions/tombs. Missions can be a source of pvp - I think if you complete missions on Chaos you should be able to win Tombs - All this unique slaying PVE crap on freedom is rubbish. Epic, the bigger pvp base, is taking the hits and if we're to conform to servers wipes, deeds lost, money lost, items, etc etc etc etc...Then there has to be change on Chaos for Epic to want to play. These mechanics are different.  Why should Epic-with the bigger player base conform their gameplay/love for their mechanics to Chaos, which is basically loosing nothing and gaining everything, even if that means Epic players, who are probably the only side here, to end up quitting the game. Chaos Cry to much for me and others for this to work. IMO.

As said, if you have 100 players on Epic, you got a 100 player pvp base. If 50 people play chaos and 25 want to go freedom for the day to train up, make armor or w/e - Then you become a 25 player pvp base. It doesn't stay 50 because 25 will/might come back. With epic there is no choice you will skill up and get Rome/Death Squad pop your local and you'll die for it. It remains a 100 player base pvp base until you get people quitting. This is my view, be it wrong/right. 

The players being split apart in distance is different to being low. Infact:

Let's move away from a chaos merge and consolidate all Epic Home-server players onto Elevation. Our player base just jumped 2x yours and we've solved our population issue on a map. Without loss. Without mechanic change. Why should we go to a slower paced server with all the loss on our end, even tho we're more people comming over to help the less? I don't think small dicates to the bigger. There has to be more change on/from chaos for this to ever work and if freedom is there to offer pvpers you can make changes on Chaos to make them want to go over. Not force it upon a player base on EPIC that doesn't want to go - They can go right now it's a portal hop. Anybody who made a decent epic acc could sell and buy a Chaos account if they really wanted to, the skills would be lower but they're makign that sacrafice anyway. Why actually force this? Hashimara is right - The players who chose epic chose it for reasons. And those reasons shouldnt be deleted/turned on just because Chaos is suffering. Epic suffers but we can fix that in different ways. 
Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 2

HELL NO!!!  and here is why...

You didnt have to grind your skills as long as we have had to.  I believe that they should get rid of the Epic cluster and transfer characters to freedom, yes.  However, you have to take some penalty to the skills you gained.  At least 20 skill lost on every skill, and 10 body stat is a suggestion im thinking.  But coming over like you didnt have a skill advantage is a selfish request.  AGAIN, I would love to have you guys over, especially because that would make Chaos a lot better.  

Such a bad idea this is.

At least 121 people disagree with you. While only 64 atm agree with you.

HELL NO!!!  and here is why...

You didnt have to grind your skills as long as we have had to.  I believe that they should get rid of the Epic cluster and transfer characters to freedom, yes.  However, you have to take some penalty to the skills you gained.  At least 20 skill lost on every skill, and 10 body stat is a suggestion im thinking.  But coming over like you didnt have a skill advantage is a selfish request.  AGAIN, I would love to have you guys over, especially because that would make Chaos a lot better.  

Sure ill take 20 off every skill (except meditation cuz its actually harder on epic, as well as body stam.)

no skill loss should take place if this happens

we play in a high risk server, all server in epic are pvp so no where is safe

if anything to promote pvp i think all pvp server should have increased skillgain 

PVP is your choice so that isn't something that really enters into things.  You picked Epic for the skill gain and ok some may have picked it because it was promised to be different and it was new at one point.    Still disagree with you coming here with the skills gained there because of the curve.

• Like 1

If i wanted chaos mechanics i'd already play on chaos. And most already play on both so a merge would do nothing for population,.just lose some of us if they force us to chaos. Tombs from uniques? And on safe lands to add to the problem? No reason to do missions, missions that actually makes pvp? No curve for newbs which makes it easier to attract and get new players? no valrei events? No "EVERYWHERE IS PVP"-area? NO THANKS. Join us or stay on your dead chaos. Dont destroy our game just cause youre bored.

skills gained there because of the curve.

curve doesnt help skill gain, its the opposite. yes the 2x helps but the curve actually makes the grind harder.

If i wanted chaos mechanics i'd already play on chaos. And most already play on both so a merge would do nothing for population,.just lose some of us if they force us to chaos. Tombs from uniques? And on safe lands to add to the problem? No reason to do missions, missions that actually makes pvp? No curve for newbs which makes it easier to attract and get new players? no valrei events? No "EVERYWHERE IS PVP"-area? NO THANKS. Join us or stay on your dead chaos. Dont destroy our game just cause youre bored.

m8 theres much more active pvp on chaos than on epic. just saying. You're not taking into effect that our homeservers are pretty much freedom 2.0. No pvp happens there anymore, nor will it ever. And elevation? It currently has 30 players online. Chaos? Has 60. If anyones bored its epic players

• Like 1

PVP is your choice so that isn't something that really enters into things. You picked Epic for the skill gain and ok some may have picked it because it was promised to be different and it was new at one point. Still disagree with you coming here with the skills gained there because of the curve.

It seems everyone is arguing over skill advantage but yet if skills were slashed all epic players wont be able pvp/craft for themselves. So expecting people run out with 70ql gear while rest are rocking their drake/90ql gear is rather ridiculous imo.

Only reason I stopped grinding 2 years ago was because I was done for 90ql gear for pvp. There is no point go beyond that unless we knew we would be merged eventually. We would still have crafters at 90 skill if we didn't have skill gain/curve because its needed for PvP.

Edit: It should be both sides if merged happen for compensation not just screwing epic over.

Edit: Even then if skills were transfered we still have territory control already in place. Almost making it tough to not join one the current pmks. All epic people would have nothing and start from scratch is more insane. New Map imo would be needed make it fair.

+0 I can see both sides of merging and not but knowing how the company takes care of their players I doubt fair compensation would happen.

Edited by shankiest
  • Like 1

m8 theres much more active pvp on chaos than on epic. just saying. You're not taking into effect that our homeservers are pretty much freedom 2.0. No pvp happens there anymore, nor will it ever. And elevation? It currently has 30 players online. Chaos? Has 60. If anyones bored its epic players

You can take a boat and pvp on homeserver anytime. Ive pvped on them all recently.

And even if "active pvp on chaos" was true it doesnt matter. I have a chaos-account. Do I play? Nope. Why? CHAOS MECHANICS SUCKS

Edited by permo

You can take a boat and pvp on homeserver anytime. Ive pvped on them all recently.

And even if "active pvp on chaos" was true it doesnt matter. I have a chaos-account. Do I play? Nope. Why? CHAOS MECHANICS SUCKS

no you can not take a boat and "pvp" on a homeserver. If going a homeserver and picking on a bunch of people with no knowledge of how to fight back is your idea of pvp, then i can see why you dont want the merge. Stick to rapping m8  

And how recent is that? According to rotab you have not. 

And how can chaos mechanics suck? Its all the same game. Mechanics are all the same. Theres features that may vary, but not the mechanics. 

no you can not take a boat and "pvp" on a homeserver. If going a homeserver and picking on a bunch of people with no knowledge of how to fight back is your idea of pvp, then i can see why you dont want the merge. Stick to rapping m8  

And how can chaos mechanics suck? Its all the same game. Mechanics are all the same. Theres features that may vary, but not the mechanics. 

I meant features, look above

gary killed me :(

Killed BL/VD on jkh

Rotab miss stuff + wurm is not CS, pvp doesnt need to happen 24/7 but atleast all i do has an element of pvp-possibility.

Random chaos person: Imma head over to this pve server and train weapon skill" - for me that is a motivationdestroyer and immersionbreaker

Edited by permo

I meant features

gary killed me :(

Killed BL/VD on jkh

Rotab miss stuff

I believe you on that part, but either way. Dont you think its a bit sad that the pvp has to happen on the homeservers? Shouldnt it be happening on elevation where it was intended? The merge consolidates it all into one server. Makes it more common 

Edited by Josh

Your argument is saying home server people are not players? Do you know what PvP stands for? Throwing a bias argument that makes no sense doesn't help this thread. Some mechanics are different on Chaos like body stamina is not gained the same way.
  • Like 1

At least 121 people disagree with you. While only 64 atm agree with you.

Started by PropheteerToday, 06:39 AM

Quickly everyone wrap it up. The voting is over now after 14 long hours of waiting.

I'm not even sure if that many people play on Epic.

Edited by BlackDeathDragon

Started by Propheteer, Today, 06:39 AM

Quickly everyone wrap it up. The voting is over now after 14 long hours of waiting.

And the voting will show that even more people are for it.

Your argument is saying home server people are not players? Do you know what PvP stands for? Throwing a bias argument that makes no sense doesn't help this thread. Some mechanics are different on Chaos like body stamina is not gained the same way.

My argument is that homeserver "pvp" should not be satisfying enough to someone who is actually desiring real pvp. There's no bias to it. 

My argument is that homeserver "pvp" should not be satisfying enough to someone who is actually desiring real pvp. There's no bias to it.

There is when you throw insults to home server players assuming they are not capable of defending themselves.

Its a pvp server If you disagree with facts what is that? Then saying you don't want to merge with us due to saying our pvp is lesser than chaos only shows bias.

• Like 1

There is when you throw insults to home server players assuming they are not capable of defending themselves.

Its a pvp server If you disagree with facts what is that? Then saying you don't want to merge with us due to saying our pvp is lesser than chaos only shows bias.

You must be confused. I am part of "us". I play on epic. And i want the merge. 

It's just ive experienced every aspect of pvp in this game.

And homeserver pvp is the least valuable or time worthy of them all

Edited by Josh