Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Merge Epic Cluster + Freedom Cluster

Merge Epic + Freedom?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic + Freedom

More posts removed.

This is the last warning to quit the trolling in this thread.

thats what im saying. they troll the suggestion till it will be closed. very sad community. its not a skmimirsh or forum pvp :lol: can we not just discuss this in a normal way like grown-up with real pro's and con's

and to you people actualy reading this... please read from post 1 and not only the title...  worried about skills / lazyness ? post 11# or make a suggestion too.

and no... proph and me are not friends. we play on different sides as long as i can remember. my worst enemy so far. and yeah... i dont like him ingame (because hes my enemy). what im saying and clearing some things up - its not only a little group of a well known kingdom who like this suggestion...

Im not sure this is a bad idea, I havent woted, though I think some one really smart at numbers should figure out a "fair" way to convert skills. Eyesgood may be on to something.

• Like 1

Say whatever you want about skillgain but on EPIC its faster, even later on for many skills. Do your math and stop bullshitting that its fair. IT IS NOT FAIR. The skillgain simply isnt fair and cant be and never will be.

But it just isn't faster at high skill due to the way the curve works and any epic player who has played above 70 in any skill could tell you that. And Proph did explain it with some maths too. Also skills would be recalculated down to make it fair. Don't forget people on Epic lack body stamina too due to the way they gain it over there is different.

Edited by bloodmaster

+1

Im not sure how it could be done to make people happy, but having the epic players merged into the freedom cluster, would bring much needed life into Chaos, and some of the other freedom servers.

• Like 4

+1 

Probably won't happen, but if it was reasonably implemented it would be amazing to merge the PVP populations.

• Like 3

+1

I don't understand all these -1 for it being unfair...

There are people that started on epic and never played on freedom... maybe didn't even know about Chaos or the Curve when they started... what if they are interested to get new live into Chaos and unite with pvp interested players on one server? To tell them "you're welcome to join but all your former Wurm time will be worth nothing" is what is unfair. Time spent playing is time spent. Even if the skills would be lower without the curve...

Correct me when I'm wrong, but I understood this thread as a suggestion for a compromise for getting balanced skills while not scrapping everything.

I'd like to have a button for disliking posts please.

• Like 4

It's time for this thread again?  We had people push for an Ele map reset, and now that we got it and the fact it fixed nothing and gave us a worse map (as all us naysayers said ;) ) is coming to light, so we're moving onto the next major thing?

A little backstory about myself before I get started.  I started Wurm on Wild in MR, maybe 6 years ago.  My deed created the initial alliance of MR with HoM once it became Chaos and got alliance warfare.  I was there for the creation of Empire of MR.  I also do not play on Chaos anymore, I started on Epic when it opened, and I stayed there because I just simply had more fun on Epic.  I have my Wild/Chaos accounts currently on Independence, I still own them and do not plan to sell them (a couple of them I use on Epic for whatever reason too)

Please be aware this is not pvp/kvk things I'm about to say, it's just simply what I see.  A lot of people for this are people that buy/sell accounts like underwear constantly and can't stay in one place, people that swap clusters every year, people that quit and moved onto WU, people that we watch login for 20 mins a day, people that have no anchor to anything, people that have nothing to lose by these major changes.  I get it, it's probably about going wherever you think you'll have fun, or doing whatever you think will create fun.  That's cool, it's a game yeah?  Makes sense.  What's not really cool is trying things you think will create fun for yourself at the expense of others.  We just had an Ele map reset what 6 months ago or something?  But we're not talking another map reset, not even an Epic reset.  This is about utterly removing Epic from Wurm and forcing us to play elsewhere

After spending almost half a year building a new capital and other deeds I'm not really game for deletion next.  I'm not really game for losing all my traders again.  I'm not really game for losing the 5 deeds I've helped build and pay for, after losing 2 previously with the map reset.  I'm not really game for being forced to decide which skills to get screwed over on and lose by having to decide which cluster of skills I keep, I've spent a lot of time on both and have skills on both clusters I do not want to lose.  I'm not game for losing literally every item I own to deletion, even if inventories would go, I'd have to make tons of alts just to move items that can be carried.  Doesn't count the 2 rare colossi I've built with others, or the supreme colossus, or my rare/supreme boats, rare carts, etc

I don't really want to go on and argue why I'm against this change for like the 3rd time or whatever it is.  Chaos plays there because that's where they want to play.  Epic plays there because that's where they want to play.  People play on both chaos and epic because that's also what they want to do.  Instead of looking for ways to continually screw over players, would it not make sense to find out ways to increase the playerbase?  What happens when this is done, people quit, the 1-3 month pop explosion dies out, and we're sitting here again looking for some new broken way to change things?  WU just released so who knows what will happen when people are bored/done checking out WU.  The one worst thing I can really think of that hurt Epic a lot is the fact that literally everything that made it unique got dumped on the Freedom cluster minus the bad things that come with it.  What's left to make Epic pop?  The skill curve?  People want that on Freedom...  Treasure chests?  How long before that gets dumped on Chaos, or even all of Freedom?  Depot? Well that's a terrible idea anyway worse than hota so I don't care.  Epic at least was promised more work (that I seem to remember?) post-Ele map reset.  The map reset was supposed to be a start to changes to try to liven things up, but we got nothing? 

Also something that doesn't make sense to me...  Chaos players 58/800 Epic cluster players 90/1600 @5pm est  Why are we trying to delete the more populated pvp part of the game??  Is it because Chaos is connected to freedom?  Hardly an excuse...

• Like 10

It's just another desperate trick from the same 5 chaos players that have been bringing these 'suggestions' for years, trying to revive their dead server by forcing people to play there, doesnt matter that they dont want to. Even after all these years they can't grasp that chaos has always been a broken mess nobody wants to play on, an experiment from the early days of wurm that failed miserably and should have died before epic was even released.

Edited by Edge

the things that made Epic unique got shut down early in pre-planning stages.. like you know, ore caps on home servers, size of home servers, resets.... 

• Like 1

Or just wipe the homeservers, and instead connect the west side of chaos to elevation.

But it just isn't faster at high skill due to the way the curve works and any epic player who has played above 70 in any skill could tell you that. And Proph did explain it with some maths too. Also skills would be recalculated down to make it fair. Don't forget people on Epic lack body stamina too due to the way they gain it over there is different.

Edited by whykillme

I mean either way almost double the people that disagree with the suggestion agree with it. (that have voted) I think it is by far worthy of an in-game poll at this point. 

I mean either way almost double the people that disagree with the suggestion agree with it. (that have voted) I think it is by far worthy of an in-game poll at this point. 

the things that made Epic unique got shut down early in pre-planning stages.. like you know, ore caps on home servers, size of home servers, resets.... 

• Like 1

Does that in-game poll include freedom? Because i don't think many freedomers want the epic market to flood whatever they have left.

• Like 1

Those are not things that make Epic unique, those are things that make parts of Epic worse (only iron is uncapped btw)

We just had an Ele map reset what 6 months ago or something?  But we're not talking another map reset, not even an Epic reset.  This is about utterly removing Epic from Wurm and forcing us to play elsewhere

After spending almost half a year building a new capital and other deeds I'm not really game for deletion next.  I'm not really game for losing all my traders again.  I'm not really game for losing the 5 deeds I've helped build and pay for, after losing 2 previously with the map reset.  I'm not really game for being forced to decide which skills to get screwed over on and lose by having to decide which cluster of skills I keep, I've spent a lot of time on both and have skills on both clusters I do not want to lose.  I'm not game for losing literally every item I own to deletion, even if inventories would go, I'd have to make tons of alts just to move items that can be carried.  Doesn't count the 2 rare colossi I've built with others, or the supreme colossus, or my rare/supreme boats, rare carts, etc

I don't really want to go on and argue why I'm against this change for like the 3rd time or whatever it is.  Chaos plays there because that's where they want to play.  Epic plays there because that's where they want to play.  People play on both chaos and epic because that's also what they want to do.  

• Like 3

iirc homeservers were initially capped as well until people complained about it.

• Like 1

also there are people on epic that have like every valrei items stacked on them that they have farmed from doing missions. Putting those accounts in an atmosphere where there are a lot less valrei items would be an unrealistic circumstance.

Edited by MisterTeddy

Hashirama is simply scared that with more people around him, his one man

kingdom will be made even more irrelevant than it currently is. +1 Proph

-1 i choosed epic because thats the pvp cluster. If I wanted a PVP server where you can run to PVE when ###### gets tough i'd choose chaos, but i dont. 

please just no. if something. give chaos players an option to migrate to epic and make freedom completely PVE. As it was for a short while. 2 clusters, epic = pvp and freedom = pve. Epic has the biggest population compared to Chaos, why should we move?

Edited by permo
  • Like 2

I always find it funny that whenever Gary or someone posts really well written posts I sort of take it all in

It's right about most of what he said with people having nothing to anchor them in places do tend to be all for these kind of things, that's just obvious why, they don't have anything to lose.

It just seems this would be the final solution to any sort of population/stagnation problems, if this happened there would be no need for anything else to really ever be done for a long time, because well it solves it all by consolidating the population to one server, and wurm would be "one game". I also really don't think anyone would be so childish to quit the game or something outrageous like they threaten if it happened, they're just trying to be dramatic.

The kvk and clear instigative posts really do help too

Edited by Cornchips
  • Like 2

-1 i choosed epic because thats the pvp cluster. If I wanted a PVP server where you can run to PVE when ###### gets tough i'd choose chaos, but i dont. 

please just no. if something. give chaos players an option to migrate to epic and make freedom completely PVE. As it was for short awhile - 2 clusters, epic = pvp feedom = pve. Epic has the biggest population compared to Chaos, why should we move?

Edited by TradingAlt

+1

Would like to see the two merged,

Con

just wanted to know how it would work if u had to a developed account on both Freedom/Epic on the same character? I would like to see my skills merge somehow don't want to have to pic one skill set or the other.

Edited by FireHeart