Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Merge Epic Cluster + Freedom Cluster

Merge Epic + Freedom?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic + Freedom

Actually leveling skills is much harder on epic due to that the skill frequency gained is aligned with the curve, so to get up to 70 meditating on epic you're leveling with the difficulty of  what 91 meditating would be on freedom.

yeah but lets be honest how many people stop at 70 actual vs 99 actual on epic. Your argument for skills is pretty silly. just check the varius epic skilldumps on niarja.

yeah but lets be honest how many people stop at 70 actual vs 99 actual on epic. Your argument for skills is pretty silly. just check the varius epic skilldumps on niarja.

• Like 1

You picked epic because it was easy to skill on, now want a free ride on freedom? 

Get Bent

if you want to use an argument, have actual evidence not "i think some people have these skills"

You picked epic because it was easy to skill on, now want a free ride on freedom? 

Get Bent

I don't like the epic community. I don't want them on the Chaos server.

Should be reason enough.

• Like 1

Those that want to go back, but don't usually don't due to not as much time to grind an account anymore, not as much money to buy an account, or their friends are currently playing on Epic.

Thats why they want to play on Epic, no chaos. Ergo, they shouldnt be merged.

Could be, but at the same time, they might also have more fun with more players to play with, and so would you.

We would likely have a lot more fun, but I have doubts whether it would be fun for some of the epic players who would quit due to the change.

-1  PvP has never been popular in this game, and likely never will.  Epic was created to revive PvP and it obviously has not worked.  Merging them with the Freedom servers will not help.  If they are dying, let them die.

• Like 1

-1  PvP has never been popular in this game, and likely never will.  Epic was created to revive PvP and it obviously has not worked.  Merging them with the Freedom servers will not help.  If they are dying, let them die.

It would increase the population for freedom too because i'm pretty sure, as i stated before, a lot of people that started here, put a lot of work in the game, and quit because they didnt like the PvP lifestyle would go over to the PVE servers, as well as a good portion of the epic population.

Should be reason enough.

Should be reason enough.

That`s the best reason to bring them here :P

• Like 1

Going for +1, even if my post is going to be lost in the flood of comments, trolling and whatnot.

One of the current issue with wurm is the lack of players, our player count is slowly but certainly dropping over time, a merge is needed, as well as advertising and maybe tweaking the cost. The game will only be interesting with a higher population on the servers and not half dead ones, be it on pve or pvp servers.

Current changes to deities (thanks to epic godhood) already killed the market for the bigger part. The only value on the items are either : rare+, high power enchants, high QL items, special ones like sorcery charges, unique blood, treasure hunt rewards, moon metal. So i don't think there would be a big change even if epic players come with their goodies. (Can only bring in a bigger market).

Freedom, Chaos (with it's different stages), Epic, Challenge all are experiments, failing at some levels for different reasons. But we can pick the best/good ideas from all of them and make a single cluster with it. Done properly we can mix the different playstyle together : why not bring in kingdoms on Freedom, giving us a reason to help our pvpers pals with valrei mission or providing the needed support for the wars. Get some rewards from a specific hota maps similar to challenge but tied to the rest of the cluster population. Allowing an easier access to all kind of playstyle while keeping a big enough player amount to keep the game viable on both economy and gameplay.

We already have a structure similar to epic on freedom, pve servers who can be used as home servers (with a complete no pvp difference there) and a bigger pvp map accessible from them. Pushing the concept farther can only be good for everyone.

TL;DR : Spreading the community thinner is not going to help the game, time to get back to a tighter community to keep the game viable.

• Like 5

I dont pvp but as long as they figure out a way to do the skills in a balanced way then i guess it would be okay. 

• Like 2

I dont pvp but as long as they figure out a way to do the skills in a balanced way then i guess it would be okay. 

Your opinion is just as valuable as those on the PvP servers. It's just that most of the players would probably end up playing on Chaos, but our items and accounts would have access to the PVE servers which means it would effect you just as much.

Edited by Propheteer

wtf, i just sold all my sht for bottle caps.

i think merging the server would be the best for wurmonline

it should be on a brand new map and nuke chaos

Edited by Nahjo

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh3WOxNziE0

big group pvp is much more fun then small group

Edited by Nahjo
  • Like 2

Hashirama is simply scared that with more people around him, his one man

kingdom will be made even more irrelevant than it currently is. +1 Proph

• Like 1

-1, epic players historically want instant grat pvp like call of duty style and chaos enjoy kingdom vs kingdom slow grind.  They are vastly different playstyles and deserve separate server types to cater to both groups of players.  If you want to play on either there is nothing stopping you except you.

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 1

-1, epic players historically want instant grat pvp like call of duty style and chaos want kingdom vs kingdom slow grind.  They are vastly different playstyles and deserve separate server types to cater to both groups of players.  If you want to play on either there is nothing stopping you except you.

Don't make assumptions of what people want please. A very large amount of epic players have already voted yes on the poll. In the end, the only way to tell is to garner enough support to warrant a /poll ingame.

(and historically, epic players were very successful on chaos before epic released.)

Edited by Propheteer

More posts removed.

This is the last warning to quit the trolling in this thread.

Or...

Wurm 2.0

reset everthing

new maps

new chars

new mechanics

Actual 3D, mines/overworld, varying water table height, better collisions etc...full revamp of the engine essentially and bring it into the 'modern' era. Oh and planning for future updates so it isn't a struggle every time to add even the smallest of features.

(Leave wurm 1.0 online as long as people play it..w/e)

• Like 2

I like how you're all arguing for nothing as this will never happen.

You can't expect one side to take all the lose and force them to give up countless dollars and hours invested in the game.

It's already hard enough as is for a new player to catch up on epic and now you want them to try and compete on freedom.

• Like 1

Say whatever you want about skillgain but on EPIC its faster, even later on for many skills. Do your math and stop bullshitting that its fair. IT IS NOT FAIR. The skillgain simply isnt fair and cant be and never will be.

• Like 1