Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Merge Epic Cluster + Freedom Cluster

Merge Epic + Freedom?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic + Freedom

So basically after realizing that 

1) the people online right now on chaos are not the only ones that pvp on the freedom cluster

2) and that all the people on epic online right now don't pvp (caus most of them hardly ever pvp and only are at homeservers like carebears)

It is crystal clear that merging epic with chaos/pve (whatever you call it because pve and chaos are linked anyways) won't bring anything new to the freedom cluster and would just alienate the people who like playing on epic further.

Anyways am gonna stick to this statement of mine as my input to this suggestion. I know the argument will keep going on and on but my input to this poll is a -1 and it won't change.

• Like 1

That`s a general idea, but how do you see it working in practice? Epic players moving via portals but where to? What possibility to choose will they have? If they won`t decide to join any of existing kingdoms, how are they going to survive, because they will be spawning at GC, The Landing, HL or The Shroud, right? Will existing kingdoms welcome their Epic collegues openly then to see them leaving next quickly and making new PMKs in the middle of these existing Chaos kindoms territory? That`s as important as the whole general idea of merging Chaos and Epic.

Edited by Mormo

-1 if people wanna play on freedom they can make their own account or take the epic portal. You can make the choice to switch at any time already.

• Like 1

Proph you should make a pro/con in the op.

Done.

That`s a general idea, but how do see it working in practice? Epic players moving via portal but where to? What possibility to choose will they have? If they won`t decide to join any of existing kingdoms, how are they going to survive, because they will be spawning at GC, The Landing, HL or The Shroud, right? Will existing kingdoms welcome their Epic collegues openly then to see them leaving next quickly and making new PMKs in the middle of these existing Chaos kindoms territory? That`s as important as the whole general idea of merging Chaos and Epic.

Most of the epic players aren't brand new, and most know people on the cluster. Keep in mind that this isn't just about chaos, a sizable amount would also probably go to the PvE servers.

With the way the portals work, they would be able to pick a server on Freedom and portal to the start deed there, and if they took one from an existing server such as Chaos, it would place them where they last took the portal.

-1 if people wanna play on freedom they can make their own account or take the epic portal. You can make the choice to switch at any time already.

Any particular reason outside of stating what they can already do?

I REALLY wish people would post actual reasons.

That is an actual reason. People can make the choice. Just because you don't want to grind again is not a reason to allow you to portal over and keep skills.

Start from scratch like everyone else who has ever switched clusters. (or buy an account like most do anyways)

Edited by TradingAlt
  • Like 1

That is an actual reason. People can make the choice. Just because you don't want to grind again is not a reason to allow you to portal over and keep skills.

Start from scratch like everyone else who has ever switched clusters. (or buy an account like most do anyways)

It's not, you are stating what they can do now, not why you don't support the idea of players being allowed to take their accounts over.

Think like an election, right. You don't say "Don't vote for X because you can vote for someone else". You say "Don't vote for X because his x isn't exactly logical or insert other reason". "You can vote for someone else" isn't really a reason, i don't know how else to explain this.

Edited by Propheteer

I am saying I don't support it because how is that fair to everyone else who has started new accounts/portal over their accounts and grinded again?

You don't get a free pass just because you are lazy.

• Like 1

I am saying I don't support it because how is that fair to everyone else who has started new accounts/portal over their accounts and grinded again?

You don't get a free pass just because you are lazy.

There we go, thats a reason!

It is unfair, but is tripling the population worth that sacrifice? (or well more realistically, potentially tripling the active PvP population, and at the very least a sizable influx for the entire cluster.)

Edited by Propheteer

This is an effort to merge the PVP community. Why would anyone be against that?

• Like 1

Thread cleaned - please keep discussion to the suggestion at hand.  Trolling and random insults do not belong here.

Pandalet (Board Moderator)

• Like 3

also there are people on epic that have like every valrei items stacked on them that they have farmed from doing missions. Putting those accounts in an atmosphere where there are a lot less valrei items would be an unrealistic circumstance.

• Like 1

There we go, thats a reason!

It is unfair, but is tripling the population worth that sacrifice? (or well more realistically, potentially tripling the active PvP population, and at the very least a sizable influx for the entire cluster.)

By forcing people to join another cluster and leaving the one they are on? I know you and your group wants to join with your accounts, but what about the other people living on epic. Are you sure everyone else will move over as well because "tripling the population" is a bold statement to make.

• Like 1

Yeah what about all the people that have put in loads of effort building up on their epic homeservers. Im sure there are some that would be totally against you removing their homes.

• Like 1

By forcing people to join another cluster and leaving the one they are on? I know you and your group wants to join with your accounts, but what about the other people living on epic. Are you sure everyone else will move over as well because "tripling the population" is a bold statement to make.

Theres a lot more posting here than just my group! Sure a lot of people are friends with me, but most the people on Epic i have played with for many years so i can see why you would think that.

Yeah what about all the people that have put in loads of effort building up on their epic homeservers. Im sure there are some that would be totally against you removing their homes.

For you and Hashirama:

If they don't want to be subjected to the merge, if it even happens, they have an opportunity to voice their opinions as my hope with this thread is to garner enough support to warrant the usage of the /poll feature ingame for the active playerbase to vote on rather than just those that read the forums. (which usually seems to be the go to for large changes like this, they just need enough support to warrant the usage of that feature.)

Edited by Propheteer

People are getting caught up in the fairness of this suggestion. A lot of things are not fair, but they are done to achieve objective for the better of the community.

Necessity.

Distinction.

Proportionality.

• Like 5

Sometimes I find it hilarious when the people playing on epic say that they are ignored, and when I look back
1) New affliction map

2) new elevation map

3) changes and drop like that on challenge

4) In game valerie map

Uh yeah, "epic is ignored, we want to come to freedom". I think devs have spent a good quality time on epic and honestly you should just ask all the supporters of this poll to buy or grind a freedom account. And am sure you are really good at grinding and can give them some tips caus I don't see that poll happening any time soon.
Actually I will be disappointed if so much attention is continuously paid to epic under the banner of "epic does not get any dev attention".
Give us freedomers some love too, caus we have about 9 times the population than epic? (or even more, i dont play with graphs)

Edited by Hashirama

Sometimes I find it hilarious when the people playing on epic say that they are ignored, and when I look back

1) New affliction map

2) new elevation map

3) changes and drop like that on challenge

4) In game valerie map

Uh yeah, "epic is ignored, we want to come to freedom". I think devs have spent a good quality time on epic and honestly you should just ask all the supporters of this poll to buy or grind a freedom account. And am sure you are really good at grinding and can give them some tips caus I don't see that poll happening any time soon.

Actually I will be disappointed if so much attention is continuously paid to epic under the banner of "epic does not get any dev attention".

Give us freedomers some love too, caus we have about 9 times the population than epic? (or even more, i dont play with graphs)

Nobody said Epic was ignored, i know i said that it was released with a lot of unfinished and buggy features.

1.Affliction was reset because the population of that server literally didnt put out enough money to warrant it staying up. The new map gave it the population to remedy that situation.

2.Elevation was reset far too late, and it was a good change for the short term.

3.I don't think any of us asked for that.

4.That was meant to come in upon release of the cluster, actually.

Edited by Propheteer

Wow so epic players get all skills to 99 in a few weeks, then flood freedom? No.

• Like 1

Wow so epic players get all skills to 99 in a few weeks, then flood freedom? No.

• Like 1

Edited by Propheteer

Elevation was reset far too late, and it was a good change for the short term.

I don't think any of us asked for that.

• Like 1

If none of you asked for that, and still it happened with an in game poll. I think you and your supporters constitute a very small fraction of players on epic. And to make bold statements like "epic population coming over to chaos" is not the right thing to do.

Edited by Propheteer