Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Merge Epic Cluster + Freedom Cluster

Merge Epic + Freedom?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic + Freedom

Yep, I remember  :P

Maybe final skill after merge should be something like:

if F-SKILL > RemoveCurve(E-SKILL) then SKILL = F-SKILL else SKILL = RemoveCurve(E-SKILL)

? :mellow::lol:  ok... need to read it twice i guess (its friday sry)

Edited by noermel

Eyesgood, the oldest Epic accounts had to start on a Freedom server to go through the Portal, or well, a lot did.  : <

Yep this.... exactly why you cannot have a simple overwrite where all freedom stats prevail... Theres some old choas accounts that crossed at the start of epic...

The merge needs to have the /transfer option.....  Those with dual stats will need to have the option to choose one or the other....  and for many.... that in itself is pretty a hard pill to swallow... i know a few accounts that would be worth over 200e based on either their epic or choas stats.... let alone having both at that kind of value...

I own an account like that....  and I still vote to merge the servers up... for the good of the whole PvP community...

I'm not a PvPer so I have not cast a vote (seems wrong that my choices should effect the gameplay of others).

However I do have some technical points to raise :

Some people have a character on both freedom and epic.  How would the merge work for them?  Would it just take the highest skill value in both cases or the lowest?

Also there is the matter of priests, how would priest transfer work, or if you have a priest on freedom and a non-priest on epic will the priest status be kept or removed?

Finally all epic specific items would need rebalancing for freedom due to the difference in mechanics between both.

OFC not,u epic peeps and chaos dont stop. No, freedom is not yours to kill and loot. Arent 5 servers for that enough??

If PVP is dying and freedom as a lot of peeps its cause peeps CHOOSE to play in a pve cluster, NOT pvp.

I'm not a PvPer so I have not cast a vote (seems wrong that my choices should effect the gameplay of others).

However I do have some technical points to raise :

Some people have a character on both freedom and epic.  How would the merge work for them?  Would it just take the highest skill value in both cases or the lowest?

Also there is the matter of priests, how would priest transfer work, or if you have a priest on freedom and a non-priest on epic will the priest status be kept or removed?

Finally all epic specific items would need rebalancing for freedom due to the difference in mechanics between both.

They would use a transfer.

Lets say your account, Etherdrifter is on freedom currently and he has 40 platesmithing and 70 blacksmithing on freedom, but 70 platesmithing and 40 blacksmithing on epic. If he types /transfer, he would be swapped to his epic skills, so he would then have 70 platesmithing as opposed to 40, and 40 blacksmithing as opposed to 70.

I think kept, the faith gain was harder on epic if anything due to no pray resets.

Epic specific items?

OFC not,u epic peeps and chaos dont stop. No, freedom is not yours to kill and loot. Arent 5 servers for that enough??

If PVP is dying and freedom as a lot of peeps its cause peeps CHOOSE to play in a pve cluster, NOT pvp.

What are you even saying? Nowhere in my post does it ever mention PvP coming to freedom, ever, at all. I wish people would actually read what i took time out of my day to write instead of skewing the polls because they are too lazy.

Edited by Propheteer

OR we close Chaos down and move all them accounts to Epic. And connect Epic to the freedom cluster...

Nah -1 one from me aswell.

OR we close Chaos down and move all them accounts to Epic. And connect Epic to the freedom cluster...

Nah -1 one from me aswell.

Is there a specific reason, or do you just not want more people to play with?

to many ppl spent to much money on new Elevation map already plus not worth the skill loss for me and rebuilding more deeds

Is there a specific reason, or do you just not want more people to play with?

Edited by Meep

to many ppl spent to much money on new Elevation map already plus not worth the skill loss for me and rebuilding more deeds

Edited by Propheteer

Can we stop talking about resetting the Chaos map? That's something that doesn't need to happen, and is irrelevant to the point at hand. I agree with absolutely everything else that was said in favor of the merger between Chaos and Epic.

It would roughly double the active Chaos population, and if we only retained about half of the Epic population, I feel like in the long run, this is the right path to follow. I can't say Epic is or was a failure, I don't play there - but I would definitely welcome you guys to Chaos with your skills tuned down to non-curve levels. Anyone bitching about how this is unfair and you should grind from 1 is hilarious and just don't want you to be on similar grounds as them, so they want as much of an advantage as can be managed. I don't have any issue with these guys coming over, even if they're coming over with higher characteristics than me.

There have been a few good points brought up, to be honest. Sharkin mentioned not forcing people to change servers. Well. It shouldn't be an option to convert you skills. You can't go halfsies on killing a server, and keeping it alive would just promote more people to eventually settle there and run into a similar dilemma. 
Also, moving back to the silly Chaos map reset thing. You Epic dudes signed up and made your deeds and everything knowing the server would be wiped, losing your map shouldn't be a very big deal. Everyone over here on Chaos has been here for years, and we expect our map to be alive as long as possible. Resetting it to make you guys feel more welcome when you should already be okay with losing your map doesn't make sense to me.

Now, I'm not sure how the Epic reset works, but it might solve quite a few issues if we just waited a few months and Rolf played out the scenario or however the hell it's supposed to go over there - doesn't make the map last two years, and then merges the server after the next reset ( which again shouldn't last years )

Just my thoughts. Also you guys that are -1ing it because you are afraid of the high-skilled characters that will be introduced - honestly it's just more content for all of us. Including them. We'll both experience at least 1.5X our active players - and they'll all be zoned to the same map, instead of on other islands as Epic is set up.

• Like 5

Yea but still i doubt many players either on Chaos or Epic would want a map reset to merge the servers. And to be honest that's the only way this would work, no matter what server nobody would want the whole map wiped.

I would love to have more people on the servers but it's a hard one to convince people on Freedom, Chaos and Epic to go through with this.

Yea but still i doubt many players either on Chaos or Epic would want a map reset to merge the servers. And to be honest that's the only way this would work, no matter what server nobody would want the whole map wiped.

I would love to have more people on the servers but it's a hard one to convince people on Freedom, Chaos and Epic to go through with this.

• Like 1

Talking about a map reset on chaos even (for stik). I know plenty of people on chaos who want a map reset. I'd even say I know more that do than don't

I dont mine the merge of the two pop too much however it would need a map reset as epic players would have no ground on chaos and I know people would not like that considering Chaos is years of building and Epic just had a reset

Edited by chaosferret2

I dont mine the merge of the two pop too much however it would need a map reset as epic players would have no ground on chaos

why should one server take the hit ?

why not make a new server for all to start of with?

seems fair to me 

why should one server take the hit ?

why not make a new server for all to start of with?

seems fair to me 

Edited by Propheteer

I said -1 but ofc if there was only 1 pvp server, that would prob be very positive. Just cant see how that can be done now.

Ive played on both. But i went epic since the grind is abit easier to handle;)

Playing Wurm Online right now in either cluster is like playing poker with 30 cards, and the real issue is that the community is entirely spread out.  We have two major clusters, several servers on those, and now an external third party game.  The truth is (and I hate to sound ignorant, but I fully believe this despite whatever staff may state) these new servers and clusters were only implemented for one reason.  It wasn't to serve for the expanding population.  They were implemented because they made a temporary boost in subscriptions and silver sales, people rushed over, wanted the dragons, and had a few months of new fun before growing bored again.  So now you have a bunch of servers with insanely small communities, and the concept of deleting one is always going to upset some demographic now.

Wurm would only be fun if you had that platform of a game with 200+ players on a PvP server or even PvE server.  The game just isn't fun solo.  It isn't fun with 50 players.  It isn't fun seeing the same names over and over for the past three years.  It's just not.  Of course this is a personal opinion, I am sure some are having fun raiding on a dead server with little PvP for some loot, but a year from now you aren't going to be talking about that, you would be talking about big fights.  No one remembers crappy raids and silver drains.  They remember fights.

Just pull the pin, and the whiners.  Blow up the Home servers, merge Chaos and Epic, who cares.  There's no idea ever in the history of Wurm that deals with kingdoms and PvP that everyone will agree on, but the idea of having such a thin spread community is garbage, and no one should disagree with that.  You're going to upset some demographic, but it's about making the choices that best serve for an actual PvP or PvE environment.  

• Like 27

It's not that simple unfortunately, especially in regards to the way the frequency of ticks was modified. Many skills were much more difficult to grind than they ever were on freedom at high levels. (Prominent examples being meditating and woodcutting.)

I still can't really grasp why people aren't willing to take a short-term account devalue for such a large long-term population boost.

which kingdom do you think people from Epic are going to? here's a hint not MR

seriously though, +1 to the OP

after that maybe balance PvP so the people who switch have something worth the hassle, not the ridiculous daily 20v20 gatehop staring contests just growing into "more awesome" 40v40 gatehop staring contests

• Like 1

+1 with a caveat.

• Reset Chaos - Majority of players have been calling for a map reset for a while now. With the influx of players migrating from Epic, a reset would do the community good

Edited by Entendu
  • Like 4

and I don't feel like giving a reason, just that the tone of this suggestion is bad

DUE TO PEOPLE WHO CAN'T READ, THIS SUGGESTION IS TO GIVE EPIC PLAYERS THE OPTION TO MOVE TO THE FREEDOM CLUSTER WITH THEIR SKILLS. NOWHERE DOES IT MENTION ADDING PVP TO FREEDOM.

Maybe someone else should make a suggestion like this.

And yeah, grind your account here on freedom or buy new accounts. Otherwise you enjoy epic, we enjoy where we are. No skill transfer.

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 1