Sign in to follow this  
Postinglels

Ideas for a ruleset in the event of future pvp server resets or the creation of new servers

Shame that some people just have a huge lack of competence and fail to put the effort in required to make things happen...

Oh well, keep crying and eventually something might happen.

I think it's a red flag for a server, when champions from smaller kingdoms abandon ship and join the winning side just because ( quoting them ) they want to be on the winning team and not the underdog. It's even more sad when champs from the recruiting kingdom post things like this:

"+1 get others to join too" - Mika

That's not the spirit. If everyone joins the kingdom that's winning each season, the game will become very boring. Sad to see Evarya leave Ebonaura and join MR just cause she wants to be at the winning side. Well at least she has the courage to say the truth that many other defectors have not spoken of at the past.

http://mol-rehan.creative-realms.net/forums/index.php?topic=3796.0

All I'm saying is, if being a champ's not enough to keep you at the side of the underdog, nothing will. Clear indication that some change is needed maybe ?

Edited by ElvenElder

I think it's a red flag for a server, when champions from smaller kingdoms abandon ship and join the winning side just because ( quoting them ) they want to be on the winning team and not the underdog. It's even more sad when champs from the recruiting kingdom post things like this:

"+1 get others to join too" - Mika

That's not the spirit. If everyone joins the kingdom that's winning each season, the game will become very boring. Sad to see Evarya leave Ebonaura and join MR just cause she wants to be at the winning side. Well at least she has the courage to say the truth that many other defectors have not spoken of at the past.

http://mol-rehan.creative-realms.net/forums/index.php?topic=3796.0

All I'm saying is, if being a champ's not enough to keep you at the side of the underdog, nothing will. Clear indication that some change is needed maybe ?

anyone can become a champion by meeting the requirements and going to the appropriate light. That doesn't show any indication at all.

-1 to everything by OP and those who +1'd his suggestions.  Suggestions like these are are basically spam and unnecessary now. 

You do know there is a thing called Wurm Unlimited where you can make all the silly rules and restrictions you want?  If you hate chaos rules so much you don't have to play here.  

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 1

This has nothing to do with chaos or any existing server. It's options for future servers to create a more competitive environment. As for wu, why eat gruel when you can have porridge. In general you're most recent posts amount to no more than hostile rantings about something that won't effect you in any way madddddnezz unless ofcourse future servers do open up and you are dumped from Mr in favour of better and more pvp active players, in which case I see you're potential distress but don't particularly care

Edited by Postinglels
  • Like 1

I don't know about the rule changes. I think they are fine, except I feel that the major sites like the lights, lava pools, the place that has the HOTA...ect. should randomly move about the map. Only one kingdom plays and wins the HOTA because most of us cant get there. Im just saying share the wealth and that would help leveling out the playing field.

I also don't think that a deed should be so easy to place.

Edited by DropDeadFred
  • Like 1

I don't know about the rule changes. I think they are fine, except I feel that the major sites like the lights, lava pools, the place that has the HoA...ect. should randomly move about the map. Only one kingdom plays and wins the HoA because most of us cant get there. Im just saying share the wealth and that would help leveling out the playing field.

I also don't think that a deed should be so easy to place.

I didn't think I would ever have to post something in a topic but here goes...

Yes I applied to join MR but I didn't give them every reason why I wanted to leave Ebonaura however I had a big talk to my King about the reasons why I applied and decided that my place is in Ebonaura.  And my reasoning is only between the King and me, not for the whole of Wurm to read about.

I also made it clear that for as long as I am a Champ I will fight to win for Ebonaura because I have a lot of respect for these guys. They took me in and trained me up and still training me, and for the first time I had my doubts about my future in the kingdom and applied to MR which says I want to stay in Chaos rather go back to freedom, that in itself says a lot.

There is a lot of hope for Ebonaura, we are a kingdom who is always recruiting and has proven the test of time by enduring the wrath of our enemies from larger kingdoms. We are very close family group and this is the biggest reason why I love them so much and is why I needed to have a moment to realise that.

Even though we are small, we are a close family with a lot of respect for each other and if anyone was thinking about joining a kingdom, I would highly recommend Ebonaura.

• Like 1

I don't wanna pick a fight with you, I really respect your loyalty to Ebonaura and Maurizio even when MR were encouraging you to convert more Ebonaurans into MR. The point of my post was to show that it takes a lot to stay as the underdog when there are a thousand reasons to join the winning side. That's precisely what needs to be changed in Chaos and in pvp servers in general.

There must be implemented features that:

1)Protect the underdogs from being completely obliterated. 

2)Give them reasons to stay as underdogs and fight the big guy instead of joining him.

3)Prevent one side from totally snowballing the game into their favor.

Edited by ElvenElder
  • Like 1

I don't wanna pick a fight with you, I really respect your loyalty to Ebonaura and Maurizio even when MR were encouraging you to convert more Ebonaurans into MR. The point of my post was to show that it takes a lot to stay as the underdog when there are a thousand reasons to join the winning side. That's precisely what needs to be changed in Chaos and in pvp servers in general.

There must be implemented features that:

1)Protect the underdogs from being completely obliterated. 

2)Give them reasons to stay as underdogs and fight the big guy instead of joining him.

3)Prevent one side from totally snowballing the game into their favor.

This is simple, First and foremost people need to first learn to trust that their leaders have nothing but the best interest of the whole kingdom to heart. Once you get the trust figured out and enough players with balls to actually join the underdog then you wont have a problem with balance anymore.

There are a few things that should be looked into such as non static HOTA ive always said a HUNT should be just that an acutal hunt, the map is perfect to set up the hunt in a triangle formation, 3 locations a bit smaller then the current size but leaving that location in tact. adding 2 more locations one in the northish slightly westish, in the valley of mountains where there is very limited territory control, and then the southish westish location again a location a bit less contested territory wise.. The winning kingdom of the hunt will raise the percentage of spawn rate happening where their majority of territory control is greater, giving a greater factor to those who take more risk. While still leaving a percentage of the spawn happening at one of the other locations giving that chance for other kingdoms. 

Territories/guard towers, i remember the days of chaining towers and honestly they were pretty fun, im not so sure though going back to exactly that would be good enough. Some other options here would be good though. I have always said that home field should have a slight increase in CR and a very slight decrease in CR to attackers, since they would be traveling out of their territories... The further out from your territory the greater impact on your CR. And same goes for the closer enemy influence to your territory lets say for arguements sake the enemy is as close as can be which is 150ish tiles away, well then the home field CR would just be slightly more then that of the attacker with the attacker receiving 0% of penalty because they managed to get themselves so close.

The underdogs and losing sides cannot only look at this on one side of the line, we also must take a step in the winning side shoes, they put in a lot of effort to get and be on top, they should not have so many game mechanics against them because they are on top. they should be rewarded with the ability of receiving greater favor of higher % of hota spawns in their territory.

Fact is, if moonmetals were a bit more distributed or possible to get into new hands even underdog kingdoms can have a bit better chance at changing the tide. With some more balanced power between kingdoms perhaps more freedomers would possibly be inclined to check out chaos a bit more. 

I believe less focus should be on game mechanics and more focus should be on better recruitment strategies.

Perfect example is league of gentleman. Dedicated crew, absolutely horrendous recruiting ability.

A lot of success occurs not on the battlefield but our exceptional administration. Ebonaura can become a real serious threat in the near future if they just get the formula right.

• Like 1

Oh and evarya, you don't have to explain yourself further you did a great job in doing so. You should leave it at that :)

I agree Maurizio. Changing HotA into a more randomly distributed global event would help a lot boost competition. The reason nobody goes to HotA nowadays is because Mol Rehan have a very strong grip around it, making it impossible to contest it by anyone else. So we indeed need something like this.

Demondan on the other hand I believe he has it completely wrong. This is not a case of administration, leadership, recruitment. This idea implies that capable recruiters exist in one side so one kingdom gets boosted and led to victory. The reality is quite different. The core Mol Rehan players that revived MR back in 2012 if I remember correctly, are the same players that years earlier were being stomped my Jenn Kellon. The current core Jenn Kellon players who are losing to Mol Rehan, are the same players that years earlier stomped them badly. Both sides have proved to have capable leadership and recruitment policy and still have the same core. So if the people didn't change, what did ? 

I believe what happens here, is small changes in a kingdom, have a very drastic effect on the winning tides. Getting a small advantage over the enemy in Wurm Online allows you to completely snowball the game. This snowball effect that has its roots on the game mechanics is what needs to be corrected. It's what JK did back then and what MR are doing nowadays. You don't have to look far away to find the reality. People are telling it themselves. They are not joining MR because they are "cooler" than JK or something. They simply say it, they want to be on the winning side.

Edited by ElvenElder
  • Like 1

Um yes, people changed, policies changed. Some opposing policies didn't change. The difference between winning and losing is right there.

I was part of the revival back in 2012, and it was meticulously planned. A great deal of change occurred in MR. Of course you won't see it, as no one have been able to catch up to us in years.

And also we have bad ass pvpers who were still around when JK has more numbers and MR had to deal with less numbers. Same group of people with more numbers. Pretty scary stuff...

Weren't you in Jenn Kellon back when Jenn Kellon were winning ? I'm confused. But I remember you were Jenn Kellon back then.

Edited by ElvenElder

I was jk, then when MR was introduced and Jk failed to help us defend rivendell we converted, later on i wasn't able to log in. I then came back in 2012 with new ideas and empire of mol rehan was born.

• Like 1

A lot of success occurs not on the battlefield but our exceptional administration.

This.

I was taken aback when I first joined MR, seeing the kingdom work towards major plans and goals that had been set months and occasionally a year or more in advance.

That planning and foresight has clearly payed off.

Not to continue the derail:

Suggestion number 3 is an easy +1

I could be swayed to accept numbers 1 and 4

But 2 is a big no-no for me:

Artificial restrictions are a personal pet peeve of mine in pretty much any MMO, Wanna ride a horse? Sorry gotta be level 40 first! Wanna have fun and play socially? Sorry you've gotta grind out these preset dungeons or else you're totally irrelevant! Wanna play with your friends? Sorry space is limited, gotta start your own kingdom with strangers who would all rather be with their own friends but couldn't be!

This.

I was taken aback when I first joined MR, seeing the kingdom work towards major plans and goals that had been set months and occasionally a year or more in advance.

That planning and foresight has clearly payed off.

Not to continue the derail:

Suggestion number 3 is an easy +1

I could be swayed to accept numbers 1 and 4

But 2 is a big no-no for me:

Artificial restrictions are a personal pet peeve of mine in pretty much any MMO, Wanna ride a horse? Sorry gotta be level 40 first! Wanna have fun and play socially? Sorry you've gotta grind out these preset dungeons or else you're totally irrelevant! Wanna play with your friends? Sorry space is limited, gotta start your own kingdom with strangers who would all rather be with their own friends but couldn't be!

Er lol, we already have artificial restrictions using your very own example and more, wanna ride a horse 21 bc, a HH 31 bc, wanna cast spells grind faith but no longer be able to build or craft.

Restrictions are there already, I'm suggesting one more to prevent snowballing on future servers

• Like 1

Er lol, we already have artificial restrictions using your very own example and more, wanna ride a horse 21 bc, a HH 31 bc, wanna cast spells grind faith but no longer be able to build or craft.

Restrictions are there already, I'm suggesting one more to prevent snowballing on future servers

To be fair to Wurm, the restrictions are far looser than some games and only their to prevent day 1 players from griefing mostly. (With some annoying exceptions like you mentioned)

In any case, why add more restrictions?

And how does it prevent snowballing?

Surely all of the most active top-tier PvP guys will all join the same kingdom (Because that is how you game hardcaps)

Every other kingdom will be made up of the players that are left

I.E. The casuals and the newbies.

And they will get stomped without a doubt with no reasonable measure of retaliation. 

Soft-caps would be a much better option IMO.

thats not true at all, you can get there, it might be risky on some days but on pvp servers, (No risk, no rewards).

then why is it so much less of a risk for some kingdoms then others? Some just have to wake up roll out of bed and they are there. It would be more interesting if there wasn't a monopoly on everything.

Edited by MaurizioAM
  • Like 1

then why is it so much less of a risk for some kingdoms then others? Some just have to wake up roll out of bed and they are there. It would be more interesting if there wasn't a monopoly on everything.

I never said it wasn't less risky for some kingdoms. But when you spend loads of resources and fight to control an area, it kinda comes along with it. Other people have equal opportunities to fight for the land to make it less risky for themselves as well. There is this thing called aggressive expansion do it or quit whining that you have to travel to get places.

Edited by TradingAlt

To be fair, MR had the same risks roughly 2 1/2 years ago when they did not have full control of the center map. The reason they have control today is thanks to JK and BL leadership. BL stuck their nose where it shouldnt have been and JK did jack ###### about it when they could have gave an ultimatum to BL to leave us alone. Its no secret that fort freedom had slightly more ties with JK and openly expressed working relations to make sure no 1 kingdom would gain full control of center map. Had JK been smart enougb to realise that Fort Freedom would never have controlled the area like MR does today we would not be in this situation. Sorry for speaking the truth guys but JK is the same reason why demondan is where he is at today just the same as why MR is where they are at.

+1 and this deserves a repost

I never said it wasn't less risky for some kingdoms. But when you spend loads of resources and fight to control an area, it kinda comes along with it. Other people have equal opportunities to fight for the land to make it less risky for themselves as well. There is this thing called aggressive expansion do it or quit whining that you have to travel to get places.

Your an ######, I wasn't whining. I was just making a subjection on how to make chaos a bit more fun. what's the sense in having a competition when only one kingdom plays.... lots of fun.

Edited by DropDeadFred