Sign in to follow this  
Lizardtamers

location map marker

It would be really simple and helpful if when you opened map there was a dot "you are here"!

Other games allow you to form teams and upon opening map anyone in the team is represented by a dot, and their name!

Possibly an explorer/navigation skill set, tied to a lv 20, 30, 40 progressive map info lvls!

God no. Exploration and navigation is part of the game, and something most games don't have.

It's nice to have a game that actually needs you to pay attention to where you're going.

Might be a viable option as a mod for wurm unlimited, But I think I can say for most of the players of wurm online, It's un-needed and destroys the immersion of the game.

-1 as well.

Doesn't matter that "other games" have it. Wurm is no "other games".

• Like 1

Other games allow you to...!

Exactly.

This is Wurm, not the other games.

-1 Wurm is the only game I can really navigate, because I had to learn how. Each server has its distinctive buildings and geography. And we do have a compass, even if just the newbie one.

I wouldn't mind some better navigation, but getting lost and finding your way is what makes Wurm.....well Wurm.

I used to want to know where I was at on the map, but not knowing stright up is actually better once you get used to Wurm.  Just for sure need navigation tools to help us out better than having to rely on external website map dumps of deeds that might be there or not.

If the developers want to be close to real life with this part like they say with how you do things in Wurm, then they should adopt more real life navigation skills/tools.

Won't happen on Wurm.... kind of part of the game's core principle (it's supposed to hurt heh heh).

Do check out your server's section for the map, it's a mapdump, doesn't get more accurate than that, and they're relatively recent.