Sign in to follow this  
Mitzie

Updates?

When updates are done to Wurm Online, do those automatically get applied  to Wurm Unlimited?  For example, the BSB/FSB Change that just went into effect for WO?  Is that also effective in WU?

TIA

Mitzie 

They give patch notes on the steam community hub but it might take them longer to make the changes there i am not sure.  I guess it might be nice of they had a section here on the forums for WU patch notes too unless they do update at the same time.

Updates do trickle down to WU, but they don't go at the same time and arent always guaranteed to make it.

Patch notes are released on steam when an update is released

They don't go out to Unlimited automatically, but most changes done in WO will eventually end up in WU as well. 

I compile patch notes and post them on steam whenever I do a fully fledged patch for WU, I have not done those for the beta branches available for WU since those may at times change in an irregular fashion. 

Updates do trickle down to WU, but they don't go at the same time and arent always guaranteed to make it.

Patch notes are released on steam when an update is released

So basically your saying is we just bought a un-complete game that "sometimes" gets updates. Great telling us that WEEKS after the release, and 2 month's after its announcement.

So basically your saying is we just bought a un-complete game that "sometimes" gets updates. Great telling us that WEEKS after the release, and 2 month's after its announcement.

General game updates do make their way to WU, they might lag behind for some reason at times depending on various factors, such as if we need to update databases locally and so on. 

A large chunk of the changes we do are pure code, so they trickle over just fine.

Other things like changes/fixes related to WO anti-cheat and things that is not in WU don't.

When was Wurm ever complete? It's never, ever, been complete, it's a work in progress, would you rather development was halted when we were stiff puppets standing in horses with technicolour cartoon animals?

Change is inevitable, but not all changes to WO are required, or even desired for WU, and conversely, some changes to WU may not, and even should not make it into WO.

• Like 1

Agreed Zenity.  Thanks for the info, devs!  I just stumbled upon the paving corners with other cobblestone types.. Very awesome.. I've been wanting this for a LONG time!