Sign in to follow this  
Janae

Why and how is Tharr (from an opposing Kingdom) getting into my village?

I logged on to find this today at my altar:

http://puu.sh/livyp/ab825ea051.jpg

I had no clue who this was or where "it" came from.  Nothing I could find could tell me what a Tharr was.

Fast forward a few hours...

I log on tonight and within minutes, my Spirit dudes are duking it out with said Tharr... an NPC, I found out, from an opposing Kingdom, whose land is not connected to mine in any manner.  Tharr dies in a matter of minutes, but still...

How and why is he here?  Am I to look forward to his twice daily death, now?

Edited by Janae

Tharr showed up in my local the other day and when I examined him it said he was a member of Hearth and I think that is the MR-kingdom I believe.

[08:27:29] Another explorer.

[08:27:29] He is very strong and well nourished.

[08:27:29] He bears the mark of a citizen of Hearth.

Npcs just wander out of their homes to random spots on the map. The npcs village I came across and live at now the npcs like to go to the HOTA zone that is located really close to where we are at now.

They will go through enemy zones I guess, that is just how they are programmed.

IIRC aren't they actually suppose to attack?  pretty sure they go to other kingdoms to fight.

True.. All I know is that they wander and was trying to give Janae some insight as to why Tharr was around.

Not sure if they are fixated on a position though, such as if the NPC decides to go to HOTA and your deed is in the way, I don't know if their intention then is to attack you or carry on until they get to HOTA or not...

But then again, if their plan is to go to HOTA they might be programmed not to enter enemy deeds but to go around it.

sorry if that was confusing

Edited by Wingz

I believe Tharr has a very nice red dragon scale glove plus other quite decent plate armour. ;)

@Sizewell - Indeed, he did, until I rid his dead body of such items ;)

@Wingz - Thanks for the explanation. 

@Druidnature - It did seem like Tharr began the attack the time I was logged on. 

The first time I found Tharr's body, it had the lovely armor, maul, and all that.  his loot: http://puu.sh/li15a/30149a3f9e.jpg     The second time he came around, when I was actually logged on, he had nothing.  I *am* enjoying my maul and imagine I look quite the strange person with one chain boot and one dragon scale!

There is another NPC that showed up in local chat last night, but never entered my village.  My village mate and I actually looked around some to see if we could find him, but it was dark, and there were lots of trees. However we know he could have been some distance away, as well as on the move.  A shame, as I was somewhat hoping to see what loot *he* had!

Edited by Janae
  • Like 1

Lol, stalking npcs now, nice!

Would be easier if I could just teleport to said NPC in GM! lol

• Like 1

Would be easier if I could just teleport to said NPC in GM! lol

• Like 1

Wish Granted!

Use #locate <name> 

Then set teleport marker to those coordinates, teleport.

sweet!  thanks !  Stalker mode enabled... poor NPC's.

• Like 1