Sign in to follow this  
BadLuckBurt

Wind + smoke = epic

I was standing next to my forge and noticed the smoke was moving differently so I lined up my compass with the direction of the smoke, /weathered and then epicness ensued when I realised what was going on. Awesome mechanic, I think I'll ignore the weather command from now on :)

• Like 1

Sweet, I don't have the materials for those yet but I'll be sure to make some once I do. All I could think when I saw that smoke was I need a sail boat ASAP.

• Like 1

As an old Wurmian, from the era before compasses were standard issue, I learned this, and various other navigation tips in Wurm quite quickly.

Since back then we never even had maps, knowing which way the wind was blowing was often vital.

Smoke, tile orientation, crop orientation as well, even the direction the grass blew in, so much so I still have a 'weather' keybind.

Nothing is more satisfying than building a quick campfire to confirm your heading in a forest ;)

• Like 3

I was standing next to my forge and noticed the smoke was moving differently so I lined up my compass with the direction of the smoke, /weathered and then epicness ensued when I realised what was going on. Awesome mechanic, I think I'll ignore the weather command from now on :)

if you watch the waves on the water they do as well.

• Like 1

if you watch the waves on the water they do as well.

So I've noticed when I got lost with my rowboat the other day. I was also pleasantly surprised with an eclipsing sun today..

• Like 1