Sign in to follow this  
Luceat

[RELEASED] Skillmod for agos modloader

Yeah removing the line or setting it to 1.0 disables that modification preventing the crash. I still have no idea why it crashes to begin with. I'll try to investigate when i get some spare time.

Is this a client side mod or a server-side mod? Or do you need to install on both server and client for it to work?

i like this mod, but my question is now.....is it working next to the spellmod too? (because the priest penalties)

i would try this mod, but i dont know if the two mods will work at the same time

(sorry for my bad english)

Eject

I've been running both mods without any (at least noticeable) issues.

• Like 2

I have not checked every skill for appropriate skill gain, but the one that mattered the most to me is Weapon Smithing.  I changed it from 1.0 to 5.0 and there is no difference.  Changed it to 20 and also 0.1 and no difference.  I've tried a few other skills and so far, they seem to work as advertised.  Anyone else able to confirm that Weapon Smithing is ignoring this mod?

Hello all, sorry for not watching this thread while I was gone. I will see if I can find someone to have full access to the github repo so that you are not dependant on me.

I've confirmed there is a bug with weapon smithing, as long as you are not running a challenge server. I'll try to get it fixed sometime this week as well as doing some clean up in the code so it is easier to follow.

[16:07:41] Weapon smithing increased by 0.3663 to 21.5667

So, got it working again, just gonna clean up code a bit and then I'll post a new release

I'm getting a crash with the new server version 1.3.1.2 tried for giggles with both the 0.41 version bdew did and the new 0.5 version.

[09:50:16 AM] INFO org.luceat.wu.mods.skillmod.SkillMod: useSkillMod: true
[09:50:16 AM] INFO org.luceat.wu.mods.skillmod.SkillMod: statFactor: true
[09:50:16 AM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: multiple points
java.lang.NumberFormatException: multiple points
	at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.parseFloat(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Float.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.luceat.wu.mods.skillmod.SkillMod.configure(SkillMod.java:49)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.lambda$loadModsFromModDir$1(ModLoaderShared.java:99)
	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(Unknown Source)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.loadModsFromModDir(ModLoaderShared.java:97)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:18)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at PatchedLauncher.main(PatchedLauncher.java:20)

15 minutes ago, LifesaverM said:

I'm getting a crash with the new server version 1.3.1.2 tried for giggles with both the 0.41 version bdew did and the new 0.5 version.

A fix is in the works for this issue :)

Perfect, we did a reboot with the update and all is well. Thanks for jumping on this Luceat, I very much prefer this mod over other options. I like having greater control of the individual items to formulate them as I see fit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LifesaverM said:

Perfect, we did a reboot with the update and all is well. Thanks for jumping on this Luceat, I very much prefer this mod over other options. I like having greater control of the individual items to formulate them as I see fit.

Happy to be of service :)

• Like 1

Anyone want to share numbers for this? I have trouble getting it to the point where it feels right.

Right now I'm using (and my server skill gain boost is 1):

1. all subskills at 2000

2. all parent skills at 10000

3. all sub stats at 10000

4. all parent stats at 15000

These numbers are what you see in the log file...

[09:51:02 AM] INFO org.luceat.wu.mods.skillmod.SkillMod: Modified skill Baking it now has difficulty 2000.0

I'm considering cutting stats in half.

Edited by joedobo

Hello all, and thanks to Luceat  for this great mod!

I´m think so I understand how it´s work but I´m not 100% sure if I´m right on it...

My server gain skill is set to 4.5X

If i configure on properties file :

mining=6.5

Then, mining skill works at 6.5X ? or at 11x (4.5x + 6.5x ) ?

Thanks in advance!

On 10/6/2017 at 0:35 AM, Maelux said:

Hello all, and thanks to Luceat  for this great mod!

I´m think so I understand how it´s work but I´m not 100% sure if I´m right on it...

My server gain skill is set to 4.5X

If i configure on properties file :

mining=6.5

Then, mining skill works at 6.5X ? or at 11x (4.5x + 6.5x ) ?

Thanks in advance!

It's multiplicative, so 4.5*6.5=29.25 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 8:12 AM, bdew said:

It's multiplicative, so 4.5*6.5=29.25 

Thank you! :)

i would love to see this mod expanded to offer increasing the difficulty at set levels e.g. 50, 70 and 90 skill

• Like 2

On 18.10.2017 at 0:41 AM, JockII said:

i would love to see this mod expanded to offer increasing the difficulty at set levels e.g. 50, 70 and 90 skill

yeah that would be a nice addition. This could give us a custom skill curve

Was this characteristic modifier ever fixed in an official patch?  I'm really struggling with figuring out how to get characteristics (strength, body, etc) to match up with my 2x skill modifier. I'm not sure if this mod works with the newest patch out as of October 2017.  I saw that Sindusk released a similar fix for characteristic gain over 31.  If someone is able to help walk me through this I'd appreciate it - everything seems to focus on the skill divider and when I took it down to 0 on my server we were getting massive gains (like 1 point per each action, yipes!).  I may need Keenan's class files plus this mod.......... thanks for your guidance!

On 12/23/2017 at 8:43 PM, Mithlar said:

Was this characteristic modifier ever fixed in an official patch?  I'm really struggling with figuring out how to get characteristics (strength, body, etc) to match up with my 2x skill modifier. I'm not sure if this mod works with the newest patch out as of October 2017.  I saw that Sindusk released a similar fix for characteristic gain over 31.  If someone is able to help walk me through this I'd appreciate it - everything seems to focus on the skill divider and when I took it down to 0 on my server we were getting massive gains (like 1 point per each action, yipes!).  I may need Keenan's class files plus this mod.......... thanks for your guidance!

Since you still get like 1 point per action with a setting of 0, try 0.5, that should correspond to have characteristics raise roughly the same speed as other skills, including your 2x skill modifier. That would probably still feel too fast though.

The lower stat divider is the one used when characteristics are less than 31 and the upper stat divider is for above 31.

PSA: WU 1.6 has removed the stat gain divisor.

If you have lowerStatDivider / upperStatDivider - the mod will crash on 1.6. Commenting them out will prevent that.

If you don't - just be aware that stat gain will be now significantly faster, especially compared to gains after 31 before.

• Like 2