Sign in to follow this  
Journeya

Banners for imperial street lamps

I don't quite care how its implemented but the sticks on these lamp posts have been bugging me since I first started playing this game a few years back now. Right now I feel like their only purpose seems to be to poke someone in their eyes if they ride past them. Are they not there to hold something?

I would love the option of kingdom banners, or blank banners that take on the same color as a painted light source (if possible given you only paint the actual lightsource on lamps and not the metal part at all - if it's not possible, have it match the plain banners?) 

50483631_fa089159de_o.jpgla-villita-historic-arts-village-red-blu7e825c5c0927dc205b326b10b3745a2a.jpg29-YD241tn.jpg

Who is with me?

• Like 10

+1 of course, yet another unfinished feature of wurm

• Like 1

Thought I would bring this suggestion up again. Please look into adding mini kingdom flags to these poles. Its almost like they are made for them.

Mavv

• Like 1

+1

Wonder if those lamps should be made taller while at it?  Might look kind of compressed with added flags otherwise.  Just a thought.

ps. taller might mess with existing player designs though which would likely be unappreciated sooo, let's all agree to blame @Saromanif that goes through?

Cool, thanks.

+1  I love this idea!

(of course it would mean more work for me and another item added to my *List* but it would be worth it :)

2 minutes ago, Amadee said:

+1  I love this idea!

(of course it would mean more work for me and another item added to my *List* but it would be worth it :)

Could maybe make it a "Add Banner to Lamp" function so existing lamps can be modified, rather than having to create entirely new lamps? 

(Can't say I have any such fancy lamps myself, I'm still lighting torches on fire for light :P)  Fire good!  Dark bad.

+1

Always thought there should be banners on those since they have the holders sticking out the sides.

Just as an interesting aside, those cross bars were originally used when the lamps were gas powered and needed lighting and snuffing.  Lamplighters would go round town at dawn and dusk to do this task and would lean their ladders against the crossbars to get up to the lamps.  So yes, the models should prob be a bit taller to make the crossbars necessary.

but that's speaking historically, it's a moot fact in wurm anyway, so yes +1 for banners!