Sign in to follow this  
Hula_Girl

Can I dig in such terrain, please?

I did some digging recently and this message is starting to get annoying: [17:12:19] You cannot dig in such terrain.

What is the purpose of suddenly not being able to dig if there is a tree in SW corner and also a tree in the NW corner, and the Jackal is aligned with Valrei, or whatever the rule for that message is?

• Like 1

Head out in the garden and try digging a hole next to a tree mate

• Like 1

Head out in the garden and try digging a hole next to a tree mate

Just returned from the garden. Indeed, when there is a bush SW (and also NW) from my digging I suddenly can't dig in such terrain.

• Like 1

I think technically in wurm, the corner IS the tile and the middle section we think of as the tile, is only a graphical illusion/representation of the corner data.  So if you try to dig in a corner being "used" by a tree, you cannot, it's a tree tile there. Corners are everything in Wurm, and tiles are only an illusion. 

That's why they cannot "fix" that. Its part of the game's design. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

I think technically in wurm, the corner IS the tile and the middle section we think of as the tile, is only a graphical illusion/representation of the corner data. So if you try to dig in a corner being "used" by a tree, you cannot, it's a tree tile there. Corners are everything in Wurm, and tiles are only an illusion.

Also why it's so hard to explain to new players things revolving around it. >.< especially when you try to explain how it's not technically 3D.

• Like 3

Everything is all make believe pretend!  The world doesn't even exist! 

It's all like .. a freshman college philosophy class.

an-illusion.jpg

Let's pretend corners are tent poles hilding up the world and make believe cows  can walk on them

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

I think technically in wurm, the corner IS the tile and the middle section we think of as the tile, is only a graphical illusion/representation of the corner data.  So if you try to dig in a corner being "used" by a tree, you cannot, it's a tree tile there. Corners are everything in Wurm, and tiles are only an illusion. 

I think there's something more to it, because there need to be two "trees" around the corner, in some logic that i never follow (just cut down the SW tree).

I am sure that Jackal is always aligned with Valrei and that is the problem ! lol

you can't dig there, but you can dig using the level command there . . .