Sign in to follow this  
Wargasm

Please increase the inventory range options on boats.

I beached my cog, walked all over the area of the commander's seat, opened my Cog, walked all over the place and could NOT figure out exactly what spot I had to stand in to be able to repair and improve a bunch of rafts on my boat.  Can't repair my rafts if I'm embarked as commander either.

I get the same thing with my sailboat.  If I'm not standing within about a large barrel's radius of the captains seat of my sailboat, I can't access the hold, but I can if I command the ship.

• Like 6

+1

It was improved a bit as I recall it but still isn't enough.

• Like 1

+1 I believe you should be able to access the cargo from anywhere within a tile width all around the boat.  And while we at it the same for wagon/carts etc. Any "vehicle" that has

a inventory.

• Like 1

+1.

I'm not so sure it was improved, as far as I can tell taking items from the ship (and repair/imp items inside) seem to have worsened. Just my impression, it is almost unworkable lately to find that "right spot" for my knarr and even rowboat, thus I am usually giving up and embark if I really need the items or otherwise leave them be.

What was improved was loading range, not taking. I can load or unload from many spots where I can't take items if I stand there and try that instead.

Hm, that sounds right. I know when I dropped dirt at sea I could take from rafts but not from crates. (while I was swimming near the boat)

Edited by Cecci

+1

I think what was improved was your reach loading or unloading cargo. I think take items is still the same.

But its a shame a passenger on a boat cant reach the inventory and even the captains sometimes have problems :(

+1 hundred thousand ! This is a very annoying feature which seemed to come in with the new boat models and since we could sit on carts. 

PLEASE fix the range access.

+∞  This should not even have to be suggested as it should have been fixed already.  You can't access the inventory hold on a sailboat when embarked as a passenger unless you are sitting right next to the commander.  :angry:

Edited by Aaron_IRL

very annoying to be the passenger at the front spot in a knarr as well, cannot reach the barrel of water in the ship - I'll get fully dehydrated and will send the Fo bill to the devs!!!