Sign in to follow this  
Loaded

Mining glitch?

I've been mining out this cave and i've run into a problem... i have a huge wall of this super deep drop shaft thing going on

i tried going a few tiles around it and still ran into it... it seems to be like the cave just drops off the face of the earth in a straight line?

here a screenshot

http://imgur.com/fky23BY

This may not be a glitch.  Looks like a drop shaft.  This happens when you mine into another mine that is much lower (or higher) than yours.  The map is actually 2d, not 3d, and you cannot mine over another mine.

i know it looks like a drop shaft but its not, there are no other caves around... its not just 1 or 2 tiles, its many tiles in a line that i can't go around no matter how far around i try to mine it

this is a custom map on Private server (Wyvern)

i know a bit about mining, thats why im asking about it here

So you are 100 percent sure no one else on Wyvern mined there?

You will probably need to talk to one of their GMs. Even if it is a map glitch, it is probably unique to their map and not a gamewide bug. Possibly someone with GM powers did something .. odd and unintended.

It may be a bug but I think it is not one that can be replicated. Only other "holes in the world" I heard of, was from people testing new GM powers.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

i posted a ticket for the admins to take a look so hopefully they'll figure out what it is

just thought i would post here at the same time in case they dont know either

pretty sure its not a drop shaft into another cave because its just 1 tile that drops off the face of the map, straight down... in a straight line... and in more than 1 place in my mine

i would post a video showing more detail to what it is but my internet is limited...

i don't know how to explain it more.. i didn't get any error message or warnings.. i was just mining as normal (clearing out mine grinding) and bam a tile drops off like that one in the picture.. i think "hmm strange, that looks dangerous... is there another cave down there? no its just 1 tile drop off... strange... i'll try to mine around it"

then i go a few tiles over and mine northward again trying to go around the "drop shaft" and hit the same thing, so i try to mine out the other tiles inbetween and they all drop off... so i go all the way to the other side of the mine and mine northward(in the same direction) and eventually hit the same dropoff....

its like there is an invisible drop off or dead end to the cave map at that spot, seems to be the same tile stretched east and west?

this turned out to be a dropshaft

there was a strange tunnel deep below my cave that caused the strange effect... i didnt find out personally because i was afraid of losing my corpse in the void!

This happened to me a few weeks ago too, though I was on the lower side of it. Saw this huge upward shaft appeared and thought OH WOW WHAT'S UP THERE???

Tried to boost my climbing skill to get up there only to realise it was a far in part of another mine I was tunnelling...