Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Riverworld - 2048

This map is designed to link to other maps.  Make a series of River maps that all link at the river, making a continuous river adventure.  Read the books!!

Toying with the idea of building near impassable mountain walls - mix of clay to prevent mining and lava to prevent climbing over?  It would look a bit uglier though.  I like the idea of an endless river cruise through multiple WU servers.

Riverworld_zpsbe0aak6j.jpg

• Like 3

I mean it's cool by design, but one dude drops a landbridge and it pretty much defeats the purpose. 

There really are so many possibilities with custom maps.  I've thought of doing a 16k x 16k map and make it a pure maze challenge, adding treasures and some nasty beasties for making wrong turns.  Now someone will probably beat me to it, lol.  COuld even make it a progressively harder maze, where the beasts get harder on your way through.  Requiring you to skill along the way just to survive it.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

Good god, before releasing this wormhole plus make a fix for sailing as it is. Otherwise this will take 8 hours in itself. At least GM build some cool to look at first.

• Like 1

Needs more Mark Twain.

I'd say more Philip Jose Farmer myself...

• Like 2

Good god, before releasing this wormhole plus make a fix for sailing as it is. Otherwise this will take 8 hours in itself. At least GM build some cool ###### to look at first.

The thing about Riverworld was the sailing adventure lasted a lifetime.  In some cases, many lifetimes.

• Like 1

Is it passable in ST or will that require some terraforming and dredging?

I tried to set the depth to 30 after dirt is redropped, but with landslides and all, I am not sure how well that was maintained.

• Like 1

Amazing! I wouldn't mind seeing a more complete single map riverworld... Maybe on a 16kx16k map. :D Make the mountains impassable simply through sheerness and have some areas where you can build and whatnot all along it (some areas where water meets cliff, of course, haha). The way I imagined riverworld was with the river winding around mountains and whatnot with the mountains being rather thin, but sheer, so you end up with most of the surface of the world still being water.

• Like 1

or set water depth to 1k or so.  Landbridge would take forever then.  Also watch for them sharks and whales in that river :)

Everything I did here with with WGen 2.x, so I can't really make the depth 1000.  I had to make a very shallow map, to get so much land to the surface and still look somewhat natural.

I could manually draw in a thin, virtually impassable mountain wall and probably will for giggles, just to see how it looks from the river.  That would be more like the stories.  No deviation from the river path!

I will probably start toying with some of the drawing programs, like Miretta is doing and make purely hand crafted maps at some point.  I'm really impressed with her designs.