Sign in to follow this  
PurplePea413

Looking for Company

Hi, my name is Tia, I am 53 and Disabled.

I bought WU because it pretty much meshes 2 games that I love into one.  I don't regret the decision to buy the game, but I am getting quite lonely playing alone on my own Dedicated LAN Server. 

My other half was playing but last night a game was released on XboxOne that he had preordered, so he has now left me. He is also getting very tired of playing computer games. 

I have already learned a lot of the how to's about the game (thanks to experimenting on my created servers and being a fast learner).

I however am not able to take on Champion and higher mobs on my own.  So I made myself an ArchAngel on my server so I can fly from place to place and be able to Wizkill any Champion or above mob I come across. I do/can/want to kill normal mobs, ofc.

While this setup is great , I find myself in need of and wanting someone else to talk to besides the NPC's.  They have became boring because they only want to talk about the same things over and over or talk about things that make no sense. ("I didnt know/realize you cared so much about knows."  Umm.. Huh?)  lol

I don't like PvP.  Got burnt out on it on another MMORPG.

I don't like griefers.   I feel if I can go out and get the things I need, so should everyone else. I view griefers as just being jealous of what others have jealous and lazy.  But that is just my opinion.

I am willing to help others as long as I am not used and I am compensated somehow (something to eat, drink, or whatever you feel gracious enough to give me will work) for what I help them with.

I don't want to be used as a slave, but instead as an equal.  If I put in hard work on a settlement owned by someone whom invites me in to theirs I expect to be given credit in the form of being made a citizen of such deed and allowed as much privleges as possible so that I can continue to help said settlement grow and prosper.   I don't mind to go through a short trial period in order to prove myself worthy.

I love to farm (cut down trees, forage, botanize, etc) and I love crafting items.  I also have a niche for decorating.   

I dont have any real life money to spend to buy silver or such from a server.

I play anywhere from 8 to 16 hours per day. 

I live in the US  on the East Coast .

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.   

Thanks for Reading!

Edited by PurplePea413

What I would like to see/hope for a server have (not all have to be satisfied tho)

Creative or Adventure as long as the Adventure has a PvE only zone or map available

A Free Rowboat (if you don't spawn in a town)

Prefer a Spawn City/Town

Silver obtainable in-game by hunting/foraging/trading/events or at least some type of Rewards System for playtime which will give you silver required for deeds/etc     ** This is a MUST HAVE since I can't afford to invest any real life due to living on a fixed income

Free Deeds (or if not free, see above)

Upkeep Enabled is fine

Starter Kit would be great

NPC traders already in place and stocked

Regularly Scheduled backups and system maintenance

Fairly Balanced Base Skills, Base Stats, Skillgain, Action Timers, Breed Timers

Improved movement speeds on animals, carts, boats and ships

NPC followers and task helpers

Priest restrictions removed

Farms never go to weeds

Max creatures... I dont care how many there are as long as the % Aggro is low enough that you can actually get work done outside of   a safe area  ie: your own settlement or spawn city

Lower resource requirements for structures would be a +

No skill loss on death

Digging works like Mining

Less dump wood and bushes

Fish and Filets fit into fsb

Forge will fit 100 ores  (can live without , but would be nice to have)

Some pretty good Rules.  Such as:  Griefers will be punished, Respect other players, no harassment this includes (sexually nor verbally)  do not threaten, berate, flame or cause unwanted distress to anyone, no insulting  (this includes race, gender, religion, nationality or sexuality), no blocking access to deeds, merchants, or structures not belonging to you, no destroying NPCs in spawn Cities/towns

Think this about covers everything.

And Yes I did take some of my wish list from already up and running servers.   That is due to the fact that there are some things I really like about some servers but I dont real care for other things they have in place. OFC, I didnt fully read all the pages on all the different servers listed on here or on Steam, either.   It would probably take me a week to do so LOL and i really want to find a place to call home.

My server has a good chunk of that, with a few exceptions... farms will go to weeds eventually, but I'm working on lowering the chance or raising the time it takes to do so. Priests will retain their restrictions as it makes sense that a god would place such things upon their practitioners. Speed probably won't be modified. Skill loss on death is pretty minimal, especially with the base 5x skillgain and the added 3x on skills where skill is lost.

Things I WILL be fixing as time goes on: Breeding timers will probably be lengthened... they are a bit short by default. (or at least the pregnancy period is short). Digging like mining will be added once there is a mod that functions properly for digging AND levelling with no bugs. (They are close now, but some improvements are needed on the mods I've seen). Meat, fish and filets... it would be nice to have them go into the fsb... if I see a way to do it easily, it'll happen. (mod or otherwise).

PvE and PvP servers are completely separated... The PvE server does NOT allow for any form of griefing, so no worries there. As far as how you are treated in whichever settlement you join, that'll be between you and whomever you join up with, though I encourage players to be respectful of one another and as long as you treat others with respect, you ought to be shown the same.

If you'd like to read/hear/see more, take a look at our website: avuzent.com

Another option is the Manawurm server cluster.  I'm playing on their PVE 2 server, and so far everyone I've met has been at the least polite if not outright friendly.  Deeds are free to create, upkeep is enabled, farming timers are shortened, I think pregnancy timers are also shortened a touch, and mob spawns are pretty decent.  The server owner is a nice guy, and he's hosting the server for free on very powerful hardware, so there's little chance of the server closing.

Checking them both out right now.  I am sitting here getting very bored and discouraged due to the loneliness I am feeling.  WU is such a good game I really hate to lose my interest in it.  But when I play alone (1 single person only) on a server I tend to.

I have been playing and learning on my own dedicated servers for almost 2 weeks now (Having my own server to learn the game on was great but now I am ready for the company of others) so I do know how to do a vast majority of things within the game already, including Managing Permissions, using an Ebony Wand, etc. Just thought I should include this :)

And did I mention I have OCD ?  lol

Edited by PurplePea413

My server has a good chunk of that, with a few exceptions... farms will go to weeds eventually, but I'm working on lowering the chance or raising the time it takes to do so. Priests will retain their restrictions as it makes sense that a god would place such things upon their practitioners. Speed probably won't be modified. Skill loss on death is pretty minimal, especially with the base 5x skillgain and the added 3x on skills where skill is lost.

Things I WILL be fixing as time goes on: Breeding timers will probably be lengthened... they are a bit short by default. (or at least the pregnancy period is short). Digging like mining will be added once there is a mod that functions properly for digging AND levelling with no bugs. (They are close now, but some improvements are needed on the mods I've seen). Meat, fish and filets... it would be nice to have them go into the fsb... if I see a way to do it easily, it'll happen. (mod or otherwise).

PvE and PvP servers are completely separated... The PvE server does NOT allow for any form of griefing, so no worries there. As far as how you are treated in whichever settlement you join, that'll be between you and whomever you join up with, though I encourage players to be respectful of one another and as long as you treat others with respect, you ought to be shown the same.

If you'd like to read/hear/see more, take a look at our website: avuzent.com

I see you are a College student.  This is Great!  But is your server gonna be a long term one?   24/7?   No hosting site I see, so if your power goes out so does the server, am I right?  Also how does one obtain silver on your server, other than voting?  Are deeds free?  Upkeep?

Edited by PurplePea413

The server is up and will remain up for the foreseeable future, 24/7. Yes, it is susceptible to power outages, but I have a battery backup, so fragmentation or other damage will be minimal. I live in a relatively big city, so power issues aren't TOO terribly common.

Deeds cost money and they have upkeep, but you can get silver through voting, foraging and trading. I also want to add money as a random drop on creatures, though I'm not sure how much or how often it'll drop.

if you still didnt find what you would like maybe http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133291-sklotopolis-modded-wu-server-pve-live/ is something for you.

the server is really nice with a lot of mods like you wanted. just give it a try if you want.

(ps i have a nice larger deed over there and iam looking for someone who wanna maybe set it up with me becouse im not really creative so i would need a lot of advice XD )

you should go look under server listings

Griffon PVE/PVP Adventure [Dedicated Server]
Full Time 24/7 7 days a week professionally hosted server. 
5.0 XP, 21 starting traits, 15 starting fight skill, All other skills start @ 10.
PVE and PVP for those who want it. 
Planning to have By-Weekly events.

Every Month players are given a full month's amount of silver, you will have the option to purchase more silver if wanted. This will stimulate an in game economy and not force anyone to have to purchase silver. 

Also Come check Griffon Server out at anyone of these locations: 

http://griffonserver.enjin.com/home

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133424-us-cst-247-griffon/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/2/483368526590438648/

Edited by metis

PurplePea, there are plenty of free multi-player WU servers to choose from without contacting anyone for admission to them. Just read about them in this forum section: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/255-server-listings-advertisment/ . Then open up Wurm Unlimited and go visit a few of them that may be of interest. A lot of variety there in terms of populations and server settings. Much more than Wurm Online has ever offered in terms of various playstyles and interests.

The only thing they really lack in comparison are the numbers of players on them, which the better ones will attract more of over time. All up to you of course in putting forth the effort to explore them.

=Ayes=

PurplePea, there are plenty of free multi-player WU servers to choose from without contacting anyone for admission to them. Just read about them in this forum section: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/255-server-listings-advertisment/ . Then open up Wurm Unlimited and go visit a few of them that may be of interest. A lot of variety there in terms of populations and server settings. Much more than Wurm Online has ever offered in terms of various playstyles and interests.

The only thing they really lack in comparison are the numbers of players on them, which the better ones will attract more of over time. All up to you of course in putting forth the effort to explore them.

=Ayes=

While I thank you for taking a look at my thread, I also want to point out that you actually didnt read my full post either. 

Quote from my Post, Post #2 : (take note of the colored text in my Quote)

"And Yes I did take some of my wish list from already up and running servers.   That is due to the fact that there are some things I really like about some servers but I dont real care for other things they have in place. OFC, I didnt fully read all the pages on all the different servers listed on here or on Steam, either.   It would probably take me a week to do so LOL and i really want to find a place to call home."  

Cheers :)