Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

New Darq - 2048

My first map.  Biomes are deployed by elevations.  Sand/desert is lowest, Steppe next, Tundra at highest elevations. 

Clay is mostly along the shores, but a few random deposits at mid and high elevations (think mountain springs).

Some of the water is hand carved.  Max depth is 150.  Mountains top out about 3800 above water level.

Dropped dirt with max 40 diag slope, to make riding easier, since this map has plenty of water/mountain to hinder travel.

Advice:  Start making a boat!

If anyone wants, I'm happy to upload the map.  I'll likely make a version that blends the biomes better (less contrast between them), when I have more time to hand paint it.

All created with WGen 2.x.

New%20Darq%20Starting%20Map_zpsy9ylxr7n.

• Like 4

That's actually quite neat.. far better then what I've seen from CodeClub.

• Like 1

Thank you! And I just erased that map - overwrote it by accident with another project: Riverworld.  Loved the books when I was younger.

• Like 1

nope, but I did manage to recover with some tools... except it isn't loading up as a dedicated server yet.  Something bugged about it still.  My Riverworld loads up like a champ.  All that said, I think I need to do a lot more work, to make the landscape & surfaces just right.  Very uneven ground so far, so something in the map generator isn't set right or handling the dirt dropping the right way.