Sign in to follow this  
milspec74

Let's figure this out: GM Wand for Hosted Servers?

(RESOLVED: See below)

Hi,

A number of us have a common problem: there is no way to spawn a GM Wand when using a third party server host that does not provide GUI access (like Blue Fang). 

I have FTP access and am familiar with SQLite. 

I can see the wurmplayers db and inventoryid table. I can also see the wurmitems db and the items table. When I create a local dedicated server and re-start, I get the wand as itemid 176 "ebony wand", wurmid 8522744774402, ownerid 1308692889344.

I am scared to mess around with it too much, but it seems like I should be able to insert that item into my hosted server wurmitems db, and link it to the wumplayers inventoryid. 

I also tried #loadItemFromHell <long id> but think that requires an item already on the server. "176" as <long id> did not work.

Any guidance on the right way to do this? If we figure it out a lot of other people will benefit.

Thanks,

milspec

Edited by milspec74

If you have the ability to set a character to GM, then all you should need to do is log that character out for /lotime and log back in, it should get an ebony/ivory wand upon logging in.

Yes, we can set players to GM level 5 via the data base. However, logging back in has never given me the wand. I have logged on and off for anywhere from minutes to days between, always with the same inventory. The server has been stopped and restarted in between those times.

Other people have reported the same.

Set yourself to level 4 log in log out set level 5 you will.now have 2 wands

If you can log in as highest level, you can use the #give command to spawn any item. Example: #give 176 (which will give you the wand)

#give 176 worked! I already had a GM 5 character, and that command fixed my problem. Thanks!

Has anyone tried using the Create command (right click the wand) and looking to see if it's on the list?   I had to create 1 for myself after I gave mine to the other person I was playing the game with, because they gave theirs to a Settlement Citizen NPC on accident..  But ofc I have myself set to ArchAngel also on the server.  I believe the one I created (fantastic, ofc) was untradable, but the green colored one was tradable, If I remeber correctly.