Sign in to follow this  
ByblosHex

[REL] New Terrain Textures

I found some texture files floating around on my hard-drive that I wanted to see used in-game, so naturally, I made it happen.

Since there doesn't seem to be a standard mod uploading site set-up yet I'm just uploading them as separate images. Place them in your Graphics.jar/Textures/Terrain Directory

22490304838_7c2cd7bf5b_c.jpg

22490304838_7c2cd7bf5b_c.jpg

22287465853_899808a957_c.jpg

Rock Texture

https://flic.kr/p/zXjUK3

Packed-Dirt

https://flic.kr/p/AgoEu7

Dirt

https://flic.kr/p/AUmy1z

• Like 5

Rock distant texture pattern shows up because the texture is high contrast, so bland textures are necessary until LOD textures are supported.

Rock distant texture pattern shows up because the texture is high contrast, so bland textures are necessary until LOD textures are supported.

can you maybe upload them somewhere else? becouse i dont want to register a yahoo account just for 3 pictures.

thx bier

• Like 1

can you maybe upload them somewhere else? becouse i dont want to register a yahoo account just for 3 pictures.

thx bier

They're on Flikr, you don't need anything from Yahoo to save them. I don't even use Yahoo myself.

I definitely like the dirt and packed dirt looks. Great work.

I didn't make the textures. I just resized them to fit Wurm's format. :)

These look great!

Figured I'd send up a few of my re-textures as well, all salvaged from who knows where (did a search on my old game development files)

Gamma is a bit high and the custom models aren't in this version, but the pattern repetition (tiling) is much improved.

QbxrWB.jpg

I can't wait to see more detailed textures. I'm pushing 2048x2048 on some meshes with no issues.

So dunno if i'm stupid but the only download i can find requires a yahoo account. Never use flickr so dunno if theres another way to download

• Like 1

ah i just found it out. Hex you need to change something in the license settings (sorry i just found the solution in german) ... something about CC  license so everybody can download them without registration.

i really want that dirt and packed dirt pic XD

Edited by Biervampyr

Is it just me or does it seem to be hard coded in that no matter what size texture you drop in it gets digitized to a 512 scale model so the bigger you get them the crappier they get?

Just curious I been in the code looking at there lod system and well it seems thats what it is doing from what I can tell.

I can drop a 512 in then the same picture as a 2048 then another in at a 4096 and they all look like 512 textures lol.

Each tile is 4x4 in a 4 meter square and offset in the boarder tiles. and no matter how big of texture you drop on them 4x4 tiles it always comes out distorted rather than clearer as the image gets placed.

Edited by Arkonick
  • Like 1

It's not just you.

It would be great if we could use larger textures.

Maybe the bind "say #new_RenderingSystem" will help with this limitation.

These don't work in default JPG format and must be coverted to DDS DXT1 format. I used https://online-converting.com/image/convert2dds/ to convert them.

The packed dirt texture is a bit too dark and close to the dirt texture for me so I brightened it. Also, there is a horizontal seam right in the middle.

Edited by Eep

Is there a walk-though somewhere that shows how to use these Pics? I got them downloaded but the "Graphics.jar/Textures/Terrain Directory"

is a .jar Executable for me and I cannot open it.  Any help is much appreciated for this looks pretty awesome.

Edited by Hunsman