Sign in to follow this  
Sizan

More deed then one ?

I just started with  WU and i heared there is only one deed you can make. But i would love to plaster my world with nice deeds, would it be possible to make a mod allowing me having a infinite number of deeds ?

I still want to earn them but without upkeep or i could not afford much deeds.

One Deed per toon as far as I can tell or have read about. It's causing me trouble in a single player game. I leveled up a toon to moderate level and want to create another settlement in a distant part of the map once I start exploring. Can't though, since I can't 'unmayor' myself. 

I'm a new Wurmer and have tried lots of ways so far, so it might just be noob cluelessness-- So far, I discovered I can't drop a Deed or put it into any container. Can't Bank it,  and even changing server power to 5 on the toon in the server App (IE- a GM+) doesn't seem to be able to fix it with the Ebony Wand. (Or I don't know how anyway...) Can't give it to another character either since I can only log on with 1 at a time.  :angry:

Until (if?) they allow us to log on with multiple clients, single players need to be careful when choosing where to start a Settlement on each toon. 

If someone has a suggestion, or a way to do this, please post! Even with 'alts' as I have read. As a single player, can't figure out how to accomplish!

Thx.

-Z

Edited by Zarsynn

Make a new character on your own server, make him make the deed and give all permissions to your other character. You can have infinite characters.

Yes you can have multiple deeds per character if you mod the methods file in the server jar example is below which is one of the first mods I done for my server.

Pic shows both deed windows and both deed writs in my bag can have as many as I want never set it to a specific number. No I will not give the info out but you can find the line of code in the Methods class file in server.jar search for this phrase and you will find the code "You cannot found another settlement while being mayor in one. Give away one of the deeds" Where this is is where you need to alter the code. maybe someone will mod this for everyone but I personally don't give out my moded material. Sorry.

wurm.20151110.2203_zpsxxnjeinj.jpg

Edited by Arkonick
  • Like 1

Yes you can have multiple deeds per character if you mod the methods file in the server jar example is below which is one of the first mods I done for my server.

Pic shows both deed windows and both deed writs in my bag can have as many as I want never set it to a specific number. No I will not give the info out but you can find the line of code in the Methods class file in server.jar search for this phrase and you will find the code "You cannot found another settlement while being mayor in one. Give away one of the deeds" Where this is is where you need to alter the code. maybe someone will mod this for everyone but I personally don't give out my moded material. Sorry.

wurm.20151110.2203_zpsxxnjeinj.jpg

Make a new character on your own server, make him make the deed and give all permissions to your other character. You can have infinite characters.

Good idea, thanks for the hint !

well I'm interested in getting this to work, so thanks Arkonick! Maybe someone will be able to take this further as you mentioned. :D

I have cleaned up this thread. Please keep the political stuff out of this forum. This is intended for modding requests only.

thanks

Solmark

ALFM

The NPC villages are made this way, with a PC made for each village to be the mayor and deed holder. You could just make a new mayor PC for every deed you want to create have them place the deed and then you can build it with them or your main character.

The NPC villages are made this way, with a PC made for each village to be the mayor and deed holder. You could just make a new mayor PC for every deed you want to create have them place the deed and then you can build it with them or your main character.

Thats the reason we want more deeds then one, without another character,

Thats the reason we want more deeds then one, without another character,

Seems we just have to wait until someone provides us more then hot dogs and chewing gums.

Check out the deed mods. One of them allows you to have multiple deeds per character. Perhaps it will do what you need.

This is the mod I was thinking of:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133531-release-deedmod-for-use-with-agos-modloader/

Here's a partial peek inside the properties file with the lines that I think are relevant in your case:

(snip)

# Number of deeds allowed per SteamID
# Set to 0 to disallow founding deeds by players
# Set to -1 for unlimited deeds per ID.
settlementsPerSteamID=-1

(end snip)

You can do other cool things with that mod as well.

This is the mod I was thinking of:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133531-release-deedmod-for-use-with-agos-modloader/

Here's a partial peek inside the properties file with the lines that I think are relevant in your case:

(snip)

# Number of deeds allowed per SteamID

# Set to 0 to disallow founding deeds by players

# Set to -1 for unlimited deeds per ID.

settlementsPerSteamID=-1

(end snip)

You can do other cool things with that mod as well.

Good catch. I misread the steamid as charid.

Perhaps reaching out to Keenan would be worth it to you. It's possible he will look at your request and having already worked in the code in order to produce that mod have a relatively simple fix for you?