Sign in to follow this  
Crystl

Running water?

Anyone figure out how to make running water yet?  (wish list)

What are you referring to? Do you mean water tiles? You can ignore that by changing the auto fill flag on a well or fountain if you really are having a hard time finding a water tile. Item> Manage Restrictions

Or are you referring to flowing surface water? I believe that is an official future plan of Code Club AB. I see evidence of this suggested in the feature flags you can access with the ebony wand under the server menu.Edit

Correction. It can be accessed by the creature menu by right clicking anything in your inventory with the active ebony wand. Go figure.

Edited by Crustyfoot
  • Like 1

If you make your server a 'test' server you'll find some watery cubes spawning, I actually saw a row of these spawn and 'flow' down a valley as I logged in on a new server I just started, so some code is already there for calculating water flow on surfaces, it's just not seen anywhere other than test servers.

I've not had the purpose of the water cubes confirmed yet of course, but seeing them in lines down hillsides and pooling at the bottom is very suggestive.

But it is still very much a future thing, like bridges and multi storey housing were when I started playing.

• Like 2

Yea I do seem to remember there being talks about actual water physics being in the works, that's awesome that there's already some stuff in the game (albeit not anything ready for general use) that supports those statements!

Water functioning the way it does right now is most definitely one of the more jarring features in the game in terms of authenticity as well as limiting what you can actually do in many respects. It's most likely just a question of how many years it might take until it's fully implemented ;)

Freezes at higher elevations in winter, bigger rivers in spring and smaller in summer :)  I'd even love to see erosion come into play... I need to make a thread for the erosion...

• Like 1

It's most likely just a question of how many years it might take until it's fully implemented ;)

I don't care if it flows right now. I'd like to see some ponds and lakes above the maps water level.

• Like 3

I don't care if it flows right now. I'd like to see some ponds and lakes above the maps water level.

This. Even just having multiple levels of ponds would be an improvement IMO.

if your a gm you can create rivers and lake easily. just right click on the tile goto special, change terrain, and click on 0-hole. ( WARNING!! until you reset server it will create a empty space that WILL kill you or anything else that walks onto it.) Now reset the server, and BINGO! you have a water tile. do this in tandem to create rivers and lake or what ever you want. Just make sure to restart server when your done.

Edited by metis

I have tried it  going down hill from a high level and when reset the tile does not turn to water unless right at water level,  It makes a small valley where the hole was like you had surface mined the tile down but does not fill with water

Anyone else able to recreate these water cubes, i spawned a test server and couldn't find any myself.