Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Please add complex permissions towards aggressive creatures on-deed

Yes i love my hell horsies  there should be more done to make them part of your deed and wurm playtime  it's great they fixed the templar chases lol  i knew they fixed that but they can do more and make hell horses  friendlier and neutral atleast after you tame them and  brand them  or maybe breed the  wild fire aggression  they have in them  but then you cannot breed them again i don't know  ,there should be more love to the hell horsies :)

Edited by Toecutter

On 11/9/2015 at 2:36 PM, elentari said:

Sorry, but our spirit templar has attacked branded hell horses as well. Don't know if it's a bug or ,,feature" , but it killed 2-3 branded horses with deed brand :( . If it's a bug, devs, please fix it. 

Firstly, +10000000. Secondly, I thought templars left branded hell horses alone. This is really annoying me. Many times in these forums people have promised that branded hell horses won't be killed by templars. FIX THIS MESS!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

Say you take your cart to do a job on or off deed and is walking around the cart or your friends or any other passers-by are, and the horses aggro you, there is a real possibility that you will kill your hitched hellhorse if you are not unequipped when they aggro you.

players can't attack back

On 20/1/2016 at 8:56 PM, asdf said:

Well  today i was in my mine  moving rockshards into a bsb  then all of a sudden [16:39:34] You pierce Adolescent fat Cloudpifa deadly hard in the stomach and damage it.  is this a bug,because the other day  i did test this out and it seemed to be true. what os going on? this is why  they should be added to the fold so  there is never any danger of attacking them or them attacking tamed animals :(

• Like 1

Some certainly interesting illustrations from Fariyshine there!

Customisation would be an excellent idea, I'm not sure reputations will be the easiest way (though it would allow for setting varying levels of urgency, a templar attacks a valrei creature before a scorpion if multiple enter)

I'll certainly add this for the developers to look at and give input, there's currently a lot of tasks being worked on, but this would certainly add value to those who do hire templars, and may make hiring worth it to more players too!

1 hour ago, Toecutter said:

Well  today i was in my mine  moving rockshards into a bsb  then all of a sudden [16:39:34] You pierce Adolescent fat Cloudpifa deadly hard in the stomach and damage it.  is this a bug,because the other day  i did test this out and it seemed to be true. what os going on? this is why  they should be added to the fold so  there is never any danger of attacking them or them attacking tamed animals :(

As far as I'm aware it's only whe nthey open themselves to attack, which may be a bug

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Some certainly interesting illustrations from Fariyshine there!

Customisation would be an excellent idea, I'm not sure reputations will be the easiest way (though it would allow for setting varying levels of urgency, a templar attacks a valrei creature before a scorpion if multiple enter)

I'll certainly add this for the developers to look at and give input, there's currently a lot of tasks being worked on, but this would certainly add value to those who do hire templars, and may make hiring worth it to more players too!

As far as I'm aware it's only whe nthey open themselves to attack, which may be a bug

Yes you are right [16:39:34] Adolescent fat Cloudpifa opens herself up to an easy attack. how  does this happen or as you say,it's a bug is it ?

• Like 2

On 1/20/2016 at 8:56 PM, asdf said:

Oh yes, they can.  I almost killed my own hellhorse with auto fight.

Also, as soon as the hellhorses hit mature in your cart, you can no longer take their equipment without taming them, thus you have to unhitch, tame or charm, before you can repair or imp their shoes.

• Like 1

Since the OP is referring to aggressives on deed, I think a much simpler solution would be to just allow all aggros to be able to be *branded on deed by the mayor. Then the permissions should be set so that no branded animal can be attacked on *that deed. Done!

=Ayes=

Hi Ayes

I also don't want roaming turtles or wild hellhorses killed if they roam onto my deed.  I don't think we can brand turtles either, so no way to keep them on deed if we still have a Templar.  Also, branding all the champion animals may not be as easy as just that...Champ crocs and Black bears pack a mean punch.  And it would be incredibly annoying to have to tame each and every one to just have to brand them one by one...and what about their babies?  The babies will be born unbranded, and then the Templar will come and kill the baby as it is an aggro on deed, before you had time to brand it. 

• Like 1

an easy fix would be for hostile creatures to turn blue (non-hostile, non tamed) upon branding, and allow all tameable to be branded!   thus hostile creature could be tamed then branded (making it no longer tame as well as no longer hostile) ?

i think this would be the best fix, because it would require animals to be tamed first giving tamers a boost, and possibly reducing the overbreeding of animals because they would count towards the deed's branded max

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 10:58 AM, Evilreaper said:

an easy fix would be for hostile creatures to turn blue (non-hostile, non tamed) upon branding, and allow all tameable to be branded!   thus hostile creature could be tamed then branded (making it no longer tame as well as no longer hostile) ?

i think this would be the best fix, because it would require animals to be tamed first giving tamers a boost, and possibly reducing the overbreeding of animals because they would count towards the deed's branded max

I disagree.  The reason is that new babies born from your branded pets (wildcats, hellhorses, lions, bears) will not be blue and non aggro when born...since they won't have been branded yet.  What do you think the community will say when their beloved and very hard to come by champion babies get killed the moment they are born?  Just add hostile creatures to the permissions tab, it makes sense and allows each player to play the game they way they would like to play, not as how others think they should be playing.

+1 to OP.

9 minutes ago, elf said:

I disagree.  The reason is that new babies born from your branded pets (wildcats, hellhorses, lions, bears) will not be blue and non aggro when born...since they won't have been branded yet.  What do you think the community will say when their beloved and very hard to come by champion babies get killed the moment they are born?  Just add hostile creatures to the permissions tab, it makes sense and allows each player to play the game they way they would like to play, not as how others think they should be playing.

+1 to OP.

this is not true, my green hellhorses and wildcats, and bears are always born red...  so this is entirely false, anything that is hostile when spawned would be born hostile, the only difference is that because the parents are not tamed(green), the baby would not aggro the parents when its born red.

1 hour ago, Evilreaper said:

this is not true, my green hellhorses and wildcats, and bears are always born red...  so this is entirely false, anything that is hostile when spawned would be born hostile, the only difference is that because the parents are not tamed(green), the baby would not aggro the parents when its born red.

Dude, you just confirmed what I said above. Hellhorses who are branded are currently non hostile on deeds, however Non hostile /branded creatures' babies are STILL BORN RED, hence will be killed by the spirit the moment they are born.  Your suggestion to turn BRANDED aggro creatures blue will not do, since their babies are STILL BORN RED and still will then be killed.  There is no way on earth you will get to and brand your new born (red/aggro) baby before the spirit kills it off.  Hence a suggestion to allow deed owners to decide which animals they want to be NON AGGRO (even if red) on their own deeds, via the permission system. 

Again, +1 to the OP.

Edited by elf

Yesterday  and no fault of my own i got stuck on a bridge the hell horses and cart was up top and i was in the water ,so to try and save calling a GM i tried to embark using  the  item/object bar ,but i accidentally pressed  unhitch one mistake one click 2mm to the right and it ended my  HH hitched to a cart and because they are mature i could not re hitch them even the GM felt sorry and tried to do it for me and he could not do it either. Can there be like a  are you sure you want to unhitch for  hell horses or  just make them hitch able after  adolescent .It  is really  stupid  to  lose my hell horses  because of a bridge bug but also by mistake and nothing can be done  it's an absolute waste!

+1

Love the idea of being able to choose/set which mobs the guard will auto-attack. using reputations seems to be a pretty sensible way to implement it (even though reputations only really refer to players, this could be fairly easily extended). A checked box = -100, unchecked = +100.

+1 for more options on what should be attacked or ignored by spirit templars. It just makes sense!