Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Please add complex permissions towards aggressive creatures on-deed

As it stands under the current system,  Settlement-Manage Settings , we can mark the checkbox for deed guards to "Mark this if you want your guards to ignore aggressive creatures". This is a incomplete permission system and quite flawed. Allow me to argue.

We had a funny incident in our deed this week, where about 6 eaglespirits spawned near our deed and one was a champ. You can figure out what happened afterwards just by the number. A couple of tamed horses got killed, and a villager got killed repeatedly by the champ eaglespirit. Needless to say, 5 tower guards couldn't handle the influx of spirits of this number. The annoying part was when I unchecked the box for guards to attack aggressive creatures.  Lo and behold, instead of attacking the eaglespirits , our brave spirit templars aggroed on our deed Hell Horses and started slaying them in droves. 

This shouldn't happen on deeds. Seriously, besides a defence against raiders, what use do spirit templars have against aggressive animals if instead of killing enemy creatures, they just butcher your own hell horses? 

My suggestion is this. 

Add a new Reputation Checkbox for each aggressive animal in part. It could look like the rep box for players. For example:

Set reputation for Scorpion: -100. (guards will always attack scorps)

Set reputation for Hell Horse: +100 (guards will always ignore hell horses)

Set reputation for Lava Spiders: -100 (guards will always attack Lava Spiders)

Set reputation for Bears: +100 (guards will always ignore bears, why not? some people like bears as pets, etc.)

You get the general idea from this list. 

This could be implemented quite elegantly in wurm and thus help deeds adequately defend against certain types of creatures while not endangering hell horses (which are often a pvp and pve asset). 

What do you guys think? I find that we really need this feature. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 18

interesting one indeed, would allow to thin the amount of hard animals (trolls / scorp / crocs) and keep the newbie friendly (wolf / wildcats / rats) around as well.

+1 for more customisation. Let us give orders to those darn slackers.

• Like 1

+1 ofc i think lot of people been waiting for that

• Like 1

TBH Valrei mobs should be auto attacked by guards considering they tend to be marked as part of a kingdom.

I was under the impression that branded hell horses etc. were no longer counted as "aggressive" for the purpose of guards attacking them on sight.

If this is the case, then brand your hell horses and you'll be fine.

If this is not the case, then changing it so templars no longer auto-attack same-kingdom branded creatures would be great without having to deal with individual animal reputations, which sounds like a bit much.

Sorry, but our spirit templar has attacked branded hell horses as well. Don't know if it's a bug or ,,feature" , but it killed 2-3 branded horses with deed brand :( . If it's a bug, devs, please fix it. 

• Like 2

+1 i think we really need this i like the idea I also don't think that branded animals should be killed by aggressive creatures either, tamed horses yes.

+ 1 I agree it would be nice to determine what creatures will get attacked and which ones will be left alone and also branded creatures should not be getting attacked.

• Like 2

+1 As I do not yet have hell horses, I cannot attest to having this problem. I do understand it, however. +1 For Odynn as well. Noob villagers also need a way to grind Fight skill without venturing too far from deed. Having the guards ignore inferior mobs would allow this to happen.

+1

YFSjGwE.jpg

Posted on behalf of the Save Creatures from Random Evil Attack Mutants (Scream) committee.

• Like 10

+1 and that could prevent others from calling your own guards on your own pets

• Like 1

One of my friends loves five speed hellhorses but can never even use them on her own deed.  Would be great if this can be fixed soon.  Every other permission seems to have ten layers of tickboxes, why not allow for choosing which mobs your guards will attack as well?

+1

• Like 1

Easy fix make Hellhorses part of non aggressive creature list

• Like 1

and for those of us on Freedom who breed/sell aggro animals (champ cats, crabs, tortoises, for example) could keep them safe from roaming trolls and other nasties without risk of losing our stock... +1 for sure!

• Like 1

yes, its sad when you lose your beloved pets that went aggro and you guards are not able to know" shouldn't kill or bosses pet jsut because its now a bit mad in it's cage"

Guards should at leats not attack animals that citizens "care for" even if they go mad.

@OP, the issue still is I want MY bear not to be killed but probably do want the other bears to be killed. There must be some way to mark specific animals as "Do not attack this one". Maybe allow branding on all animals, or equipping them with a "Dog tag" to make guards and also TOWERGUARDS not to attack these animals when they are on the deed ther owner belongs to.

Edited by PWreset
  • Like 1

As a new owner  of two hell horses hitched to a cart  and i must say i absolutely love my two new beauties.I  cannot understand why they are so limited.

For instance  you can only  equip them for carts  at adolescent which means  you must have shoes on them before they age and then what? once the shoes are on and they age you cannot repair the shoes? same goes  if you want to care for them you must do it before they  age if they are used for carts or you can never care for them,because you cannot re-hitch once they pass that age barrier this is a really stupid idea  if you tame and brand the hell horse then there should be less restrictions then a wild hell horse   same goes for  them attacking you if you get too close.I want to take mine out on road building and bridge building  jobs  but how can you when they attack anyone and everyone who gets to close including myself,i can only imagine  using them equipped to cart whilst i yell OFF THE ROAD  as i go along and load cart with the dirt we just dug or  move away whilst i back up to fill areas,and i don't fancy going out in the wilderness unequipped  and then having to equip every time something attacks this is  plain stupid and to repetitive  please make hell horses  viable  to use as an all-rounder and not for hunting or transport only,bring them in the fold  of my wurm family  so i don't see them as a danger or something that hates and hurts me if i get to close,they are magnificent  and i am sure more people will  enjoy them and keep them if they were not treated as a threat.

• Like 2

Spirit templars won't attack branded animals, but other Wurmians still will auto attack if they aggro you.  Say you take your cart to do a job on or off deed and is walking around the cart or your friends or any other passers-by are, and the horses aggro you, there is a real possibility that you will kill your hitched hellhorse if you are not unequipped when they aggro you. It may be just me but I think it would be awesome if they become like for Fo priests, non aggro, to all Wurmians, the moment they are branded.   

Also another bump to the suggestion of adding complex permissions for mobs and specifically hellhorses, on our deeds, which means we can also keep them on deed unbranded, without the fear of them being killed by guards.   

SAGo1VY.jpg

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 3