Sign in to follow this  
jpiolho

[RELEASED] JPWM Offspring Names (now with custom name item)

Naming horses is really great if you are using Wurm Assistant, because the Granger piece lets you track horses and their traits and plan your breeding. Maybe useful for cows and bulls too, since some like to use those for pulling carts.

It would also be useful to do the same with bison, as I would think the traits are useful for bison. Bison have a bonus for pulling wagons and according to the wurmpedia are better than horses for wagons (not carts). I am not sure if the traits affect the bison speed or pulling capacity like they do with horses, but if they do then being able to rename bison would definitely be a good feature to add to the naming tag!

Great mod, btw. :)

• Like 1

Unsure if it's a server issue on our end, or this needs updated..

Every new born foal cannot be named, [21:48:02] This animal has already been tagged.  It has not been named already, it is still Young foal.

• Like 1

check the .properties file for the mod and make sure the naming tag is enabled (which should be the default but perhaps you changed it?). And as I recall you need to combine a couple of one of the ingredients as a single one does not have enough material (forget which one).

Naming tag is enabled here, yet un-named animals are still 'tagged'.

I'd check to make sure you have a recent version of the JPWM_OffspringNames.properties file (the original version didn't support naming tags) and that the settings in there have namingTag=true

Spoiler

# name: Enable naming tag
# type: boolean
# description: If true, the naming tag item will be enabled
# category: General
namingTag=true

First thing I tested was the latest version.

Please provide an update or fix. As some of the previous posters mentioned the latest versions (both 1.1 and 1.1.1) of this mod cause the Modloader GUI to crash when other mods are enabled with this one. I have narrowed the problem down to an apparent conflict between this mod and the Timer Fix mod as I can only have one or the other enabled at a time. Both mods play nice with every other mod I have enabled but as soon as I enable both at the same time I get the crash. The old version of this mod (1.0) does work with the Timer Fix mod enabled, but not any of the newer ones. I'm not familiar with modding for this game so I don't know what the problem is or why there is a conflict between these two mods, but it is there nonetheless. Please look into this issue as I would love to play with this mod. Thanks!

This mod is causing WU classes to be loaded during init phase, which makes those classes unchangeable from other mods.

That's what causing the issues with my (and probably other) mods.

[09:03:31 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod JPWM_OffspringNames loaded server class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Actions during phase init
[09:03:31 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod JPWM_OffspringNames loaded server class com.wurmonline.server.MiscConstants during phase init
[09:03:31 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod JPWM_OffspringNames loaded server class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionTypes during phase init
[09:03:31 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod JPWM_OffspringNames loaded server class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionEntry during phase init

On 2/6/2016 at 6:48 PM, Nomadikhan said:

Unsure if it's a server issue on our end, or this needs updated..

Every new born foal cannot be named, [21:48:02] This animal has already been tagged.  It has not been named already, it is still Young foal.

Same here. When a horse/cow/bull is born, they're nameable but once they've progressed to Young Foal, they're unable to be named, saying, "animal has already been tagged."  Is there a fix for this?

This mod crashes my dedicated server launcher and I am unable to use it in the most recent version.

I have installed the mod and animals now have fresh names.  However I am unable to create name tags.  I have crafted cotton strings and have some wood scraps but they will not combine to create anything.  I combined five strings to make a bigger one - but no help.  Same with scraps - combined to make a bigger one but still cannot get the "CREATE" option in menu and adding both to crafting window shows nothing available to make.

Am I missing something simple here?

If you brand the horses you dont need this mod and can rename it with the standard wurm mechanics

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:05 AM, frozenjim said:

I have installed the mod and animals now have fresh names.  However I am unable to create name tags.  I have crafted cotton strings and have some wood scraps but they will not combine to create anything.  I combined five strings to make a bigger one - but no help.  Same with scraps - combined to make a bigger one but still cannot get the "CREATE" option in menu and adding both to crafting window shows nothing available to make.

Am I missing something simple here?

Perhaps the animals haven't yet been branded? 

Can other creatures besides Bull/Cow be named?
I'd like to use this for Bison as well, as some of us are breeding those and would love to use nametags rather than the standard Brand + Name mechanic.

Also has the age issue been fixed?

I really like this mod, but it is not working for me on my server.  I do have the Action Timer Fix mod on my server as well.  Is there a fix to get this to work?  Thank for any help!

On 10/9/2017 at 4:00 PM, MrsB said:

I really like this mod, but it is not working for me on my server.  I do have the Action Timer Fix mod on my server as well.  Is there a fix to get this to work?  Thank for any help!

I have the same problem, as I have timer fix on my server,  and to cherry pick quote the problem from bdew:

On 4/16/2016 at 1:06 PM, bdew said:

This mod is causing WU classes to be loaded during init phase, which makes those classes unchangeable from other mods.

That's what causing the issues with my (and probably other) mods.

[09:03:31 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod JPWM_OffspringNames loaded server class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Actions during phase init
[09:03:31 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod JPWM_OffspringNames loaded server class com.wurmonline.server.MiscConstants during phase init
[09:03:31 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod JPWM_OffspringNames loaded server class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionTypes during phase init
[09:03:31 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod JPWM_OffspringNames loaded server class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionEntry during phase init

I hope they can get the mod compatible with other mods, because at current timerfix, is a necessity,  :(  but I do love being able to rename offspring!

I was coming here to report this same init issue, but I see I'm not the only one.

[04:24:36 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.EarlyLoadingChecker: Mod JPWM_OffspringNames loaded server class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Actions during phase init
[04:24:36 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.EarlyLoadingChecker: Mod JPWM_OffspringNames loaded server class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionTypes during phase init
[04:24:36 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.EarlyLoadingChecker: Mod JPWM_OffspringNames loaded server class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionEntry during phase init

Edited by Zera

When will this be fixed so they work with other mods? 

7 hours ago, Elsa said:

When will this be fixed so they work with other mods? 

This mod hasn't been touched since 2015 and it's always had this sort of problem too.

I wouldn't expect it to change.

As far as i know you can rename animals if they are branded.

I just installed the 1.1.1 version into my server and it won't start.. I go back to the 1.0  version my server starts  but I don't seem able to create the naming tag. ?  If there is any information I can get I will try  My players really want this badly. 

On 8/24/2020 at 6:48 PM, BigDawgLoKi said:

I just installed the 1.1.1 version into my server and it won't start.. I go back to the 1.0  version my server starts  but I don't seem able to create the naming tag. ?  If there is any information I can get I will try  My players really want this badly. 

This mod has been broken for years.