Sign in to follow this  
WalkerInTheVoid

[RELEASED] Mods for Modloader: Bounties, Digging Like Mining, Meditation, Underground Prospecting, Spider Replacements

Bounty Mod, I have

defaultBounty=1

but when I kill an unlisted creature, I actually receive 100

Is anyone else getting this?

Deleted.  I completely misunderstood the issue and just repeated what zCat had said.  Apologies.

Edited by Batta

errr...  that is the line that I have set

1 hour ago, zCat said:

errr...  that is the line that I have set

Lol, oops.  So sorry.  I was looking at this and reading something completely different.  

1 hour ago, Rezden said:

Anyone know if the meditation mod still works correctly?

It hasn't been working right for us at least since the 1.9 update

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 6:02 PM, zCat said:

Bounty Mod, I have

defaultBounty=1

but when I kill an unlisted creature, I actually receive 100

Is anyone else getting this?

Set it to 1.0 it will see as 1 then.

On 9/26/2019 at 9:10 PM, Rezden said:

Anyone know if the meditation mod still works correctly?

On 9/26/2019 at 10:18 PM, Batta said:

It hasn't been working right for us at least since the 1.9 update

Maybe better to use the Meditating mod from the Wyvern Mods. That one is working like a charm.

Should I be worried that the dog like mining mod is making 100+ dirt stacks on tiles?

Is there a way to make it keep the piles only to 100 dirt per tile? 

I just started using this mod. It works how it is suppose to, but past skill 20, sometimes we miss a skill gain once a meditation is completed . Is that normal? I thought the mod made every action a successful skill gain 

@Batta Do you might know this answer ? 

Edited by WittleBunnBun

3 hours ago, WittleBunnBun said:

I just started using this mod. It works how it is suppose to, but past skill 20, sometimes we miss a skill gain once a meditation is completed . Is that normal? I thought the mod made every action a successful skill gain 

We haven't used this mod in years, because it conflicted with another mod or something.  When we deleted it and switched to betterdig, the problem went away.

On 5/9/2019 at 2:33 AM, Nappy said:

I spoke to him (verbally) about two days ago.

As Mark Twain likes to say, "Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

@WalkerInTheVoidwill respond when he is ready to.

Any chance you've spoken to him again recently?

Bdew shed some light into the crash issues with the client-side SortMod.

In summary the mod isn't the direct cause of the crash, but the way its written causes another part of the Wurm client to crash. Essentially whenever your connection to the server gets a short disconnect for any reason (which can just be down to overloaded storage IO) and needs to go through the reconnect process the SortMod causes a crash because of the "java.io.IOException: Disconnected" exception thrown by the vanilla client isn't gracefully handled in the hook used by the mod loader. (In this case that would be the "serverUpdate" hook.)

Without the SortMod the intended reconnect process happens (with the WU splash screen).

It makes sense that the "serverUpdate" hook is used by this mod because it needs to refresh all inventory containing UI widgets any time the server sends an update about them, for example if you sort by damage (highest first) then start repairing the mod will re-sort by damage after each item is repaired. (A splendid convenience feature.)

Discord transcript:

---- 20th July 2020 ----

[19:57] bdew: the exception you posted there is 
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Disconnected.

which just means your connection to the server died
are you seeing any other errors from it?
[21:14] Adambean: I'd find that hard to believe. Since removing the mod the client has been stable af.
[21:14] Adambean: I could put the mod back on and catch the next one to be sure though
[21:16] Adambean: (I'll do that.)
[21:18] Adambean: daaaaaaaaamn I've missed this mod
[21:19] Adambean: haha cleaned out a furnace, and the ash sits at the top of my inventory like a good boy

---- 21st July 2020 ----

[22:27] Adambean: @bdew the sodding plug-in is working faultlessly now so far X(
[22:28] Adambean: how dare it do a good job
[22:28] bdew: :rolfsmile: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[22:29] Adambean: obviously it'll crash literally 3 minutes after you set off for a 2 week holiday :P then every subsequent 30 seconds

---- 29th July 2020 ----

[18:22] Adambean: finally got another crash but it's the same thing
====== CLIENT CRASH ======
Unexpected crash while playing
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:354)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.serverUpdate(WurmClientBase.java)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.preUpdate(WurmClientBase.java:353)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runGameLoop(WurmClientBase.java:529)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runConnectionLoop(WurmClientBase.java:325)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runGame(WurmClientBase.java:304)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.run(WurmClientBase.java:1601)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor35.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.sortmod.SortMod$6$1.invoke(SortMod.java:367)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:344)
    ... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Disconnected.
    at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketConnection.tick(SocketConnection.java:564)
    at com.wurmonline.client.comm.SimpleServerConnectionClass.update(SimpleServerConnectionClass.java:277)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.serverUpdate$1(WurmClientBase.java:1539)
    ... 12 more
[18:24] Adambean: This is obviously no use whatsoever.
[18:29] Adambean: hmmm thinking about it further, I've experienced a disconnect a few times without this mod before however the WU loading screen just appears again and tries to reconnect. It doesn't crash.
[18:33] bdew: hmm that would actually make some ammount of sense, if something in the client catches that exception and attempts to reconnect
possibly with how this mode is written the exception gets wrapped in a different exception, that doesn't get caught and instead makes it crash
[18:37] Adambean: Yep
[18:37] Adambean: I was going to suggest the issue may be in the modloader itself
[18:38] Adambean: But then surely any disconnect whilst the mod loader is even present would cause the same exception.
[18:38] bdew: and it probably will
[18:39] Adambean: I can potentially raise the chances of a disconnect by ramping up I/O usage. When it happened a few minutes ago MyDefrag was defragmenting a 150GB TrueCrypt container.
[18:39] Adambean: (server side)
[18:43] bdew: if you look at this method 
at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runConnectionLoop(WurmClientBase.java:325)
it has everything wrapped in a try { .... } catch (IOException e) { reconnect screen turned on here }
then inside that try WurmClientBase.serverUpdate is called, which this mod hooks with HookManager.registerHook
problem is that if WurmClientBase.serverUpdate throws an IOException - it will get wrapped in InvocationTargetException/HookException
so the catch doesn't catch it and it propagates up to whatever causes the client to close
[18:44] bdew: the solution would be to rewrite the mod to hook this method with some other method that doesn't f*** with exceptions... but i'm not volunteering to do that, at least not right now :P
[18:44] Adambean: It'll be listening on the serverUpdate hook as it does its sorting literally any time your inventory changes, or any inventory container window you've got open.
[18:45] Adambean: e.g. if you sort a window by damage then repair the table header so the most damaged things get repaired it will auto-sort them after each item is repaired. Makes it very convenient because you can then just repair the table header again for the next batch according to your mind logic action limit.
[18:46] Adambean: Last time I checked this mod wasn't packaged in a way that someone else can just open and recompile it as is, which is what stopped me from attempting to fix it.

• WalkerInTheVoid

• LAST VISITED

• May 19, 2017

yeah I don't think they are updating the mod any time soon, not sure if anyone else is keeping it going though  *shrug*

So I downloaded the zip file. Extracted it into my dedicated server folder.  Now what do I do?  Specifically, I wanted the BountyMod but I have killed a sheep and a wolf so far with no bounty paid.  I'm ignorant when it comes to this stuff, so what am I missing or not doing right? 

3 hours ago, sidhos said:

So I downloaded the zip file. Extracted it into my dedicated server folder.  Now what do I do?  Specifically, I wanted the BountyMod but I have killed a sheep and a wolf so far with no bounty paid.  I'm ignorant when it comes to this stuff, so what am I missing or not doing right? 

You should now have a mods folder in your Dedicated server folder.  Each of the mods inside here should have both a folder (with a jar file inside) and a properties file not in the folder with the jar.  Some mods have a config file, too.  For mods with no config file, you configure it from the properties file.  

Make sure that the # is removed from the lines that you are expected to config, like in the sample below.  Leave the # in front of the lines that explain things.  After you finish configuring it, go up one level (out of the mods folder) and double click patcher.bat while the server is offline.  Next time you start the server, your mods should be working.

Spoiler

classname=org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.bountymod.BountyMod
classpath=bountymod.jar
# true: Bred animals will now award fight skill (and a chance for coin).
# false: No effect (Note that this means killing bred animals will not award coin)
skillGainForBred=true
# true: Coins will always be awarded for applicable kills.
# false: No effect (Coins will be awarded at a small chance for applicable kills)
increasedBounties=true
# true: Money will be created out of thin air.
# false: Money will be drawn from King's pocket (it will affect economy).
outOfThinAir=true
# true: Friendly creatures from the same kingdom of the player will award no bounty.
# false: All creatures will award a bounty.
alliedCritterNoBounties=false
# true: Bounties will be added to the player's bank balance.
# false: Bounties will be given as coins to the player's inventory.
payBountyToBank=true
# floating point number for easy adjustment of all bounties, applied as a multiplier to each bounty.
# default value: 1.0f
bountyMultiplier=0.5f
# floating point number that is applied to bounties for player-bred creatures.
# default value: 0.1f
bredMultiplier=0.1f
# Default bounty on critters that are unknown or otherwise not in the individual bounties list
defaultBounty=1000
#Individual Bounties follows:
#Reward for killing a Brown Cow, in iron coins.  Default Value: 100
Cow_Brown_Bounty=1600
#Reward for killing a Black wolf, in iron coins.  Default Value: 300
Wolf_Black_Bounty=300
#Reward for killing a Troll, in iron coins.  Default Value: 1000
Troll_Bounty=1000
#Reward for killing a Brown Bear, in iron coins.  Default Value: 600
Bear_Brown_Bounty=600
#Reward for killing a Large Rat, in iron coins.  Default Value: 200
Rat_Large_Bounty=1600
#Reward for killing a Mountain Lion, in iron coins.  Default Value: 300
Lion_Mountain_Bounty=300
#Reward for killing a Wild Cat, in iron coins.  Default Value: 200
Cat_Wild_Bounty=200

Edited by Batta

Guess I'll have to play the shell game till i find the guilty party, Thanks.

Ok i removed everything but the basic mods that come with the server modlauncher, and it still didn't work.  However through stumbling around I found your github repo, And downloaded the Tyoda version.  And it works perfectly.  So there is some difference between them.  Anyway, thank you very much for the updated version. 

Edited by Nightbreed

Hmm that's curious since I have not made any actual changes to it and I'm using the original but hey, if it works, it works! :D