Sign in to follow this  
WalkerInTheVoid

[RELEASED] Mods for Modloader: Bounties, Digging Like Mining, Meditation, Underground Prospecting, Spider Replacements

Are these mods maintained enough to be safe to use them ? anyone having issues with bounty mod ? 

6 hours ago, WittleBunnBun said:

Are these mods maintained enough to be safe to use them ? anyone having issues with bounty mod ? 

I've been using them for years, with never a glitch yet. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 2:36 AM, bdew said:

Valrei mobs are already in the latest version i think, and i just made a PR with rift mobs (and fog spiders, that were also missing)

I'm having issues with my rift mob bounties. I tried to set it so that a Rift ogre would give 50 copper, but I'm getting 2.5 silver.  Here are my settings:

# floating point number for easy adjustment of all bounties, applied as a multiplier to each bounty.
# default value: 1.0f
bountyMultiplier=2.5f
# floating point number that is applied to bounties for player-bred creatures.
# default value: 0.1f
bredMultiplier=0.1f
# Default bounty on critters that are unknown or otherwise not in the individual bounties list
defaultBounty=2500

and for Rift ogres (shown in context):

#Reward for killing a Libila Avatar, in iron coins.  Default Value: 10000

#Reward for killing a Rift Beast, in iron coins.  Default Value: 800
Rift_Beast=4000
#Reward for killing a Rift Jackal, in iron coins.  Default Value: 1000
Rift_Jackal=4000
#Reward for killing a Rift Ogre, in iron coins.  Default Value: 2000
Rift_Ogre=2000

Can you see anything I've done wrong here, to explain why it's giving so much bounty?  Thanks for any help you can offer!

Edited by Batta

12 hours ago, Batta said:

I'm having issues with my rift mob bounties. I tried to set it so that a Rift ogre would give 50 copper, but I'm getting 2.5 silver.  Here are my settings:

and for Rift ogres (shown in context):

Can you see anything I've done wrong here, to explain why it's giving so much bounty?  Thanks for any help you can offer!

I don't think that PR was ever merged into the official release... i have a more up to date version and i added support for custom modded mobs to it too.... i'll post it in a bit

3 hours ago, bdew said:

I don't think that PR was ever merged into the official release... i have a more up to date version and i added support for custom modded mobs to it too.... i'll post it in a bit

Here's an updated jar: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2sktxkr320tr87/bountymod.jar?dl=0

For rift mobs the right format is:

Rift_Beast_Bounty=800
Rift_Jackal_Bounty=1000
Rift_Ogre_Bounty=2000
Rift_Warmaster_Bounty=10000
Rift_Caster_Bounty=2000
Rift_Ogre_Mage_Bounty=2000
Rift_Summoner_Bounty=666

This version also supports custom modded mobs, the format is

Custom_<identifier>_Bounty=<value>

e.g. for my Halloween mobs you can add

Custom_bdew.halloween.pumpkinmonster_Bounty=800
Custom_bdew.halloween.eviltree_Bounty=800

For other mods you'll need to figure out what ids the author used.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2018 at 7:16 AM, bdew said:

Hello, Where does one put the updated .jar? I've tried in mods folder, wurmunlimited dir, main server dir. Don't seem to be working? searched logs for bounty, Find nothing in logs.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: NM figured it out

Edited by Malaras
Figured it out
  • Like 1

Our meditatemod seems to be only half working now.  I have it set to require 30 minute delays, but unlimited skill gains per day.  What we are getting is no delay until we reach 20 Meditation, then the 30 minute wait requirement kicks in. Players at 20 skill are gaining either no skills at all over several 30-minute stretches, or miniscule gains.  We have a 3x skills server, so we expected better than this.  On our previous servers, meditation skill gain didn't slow down until much later, and even then we didn't get such tiny gains until very high skill levels. We experimented with different rug QLs but nothing made a difference.

Our settings are identical to what we had on our previous server, the only difference being our 3x skill gains instead of the previous 5x. Shouldn't make this kind of difference at our low meditation skill levels.  We know the mod is online, since it's allowing these very minute skill gains more than 5x in a day, so that's not it.

We're getting no error messages.

Just letting people know.  

Edited by Batta
  • Like 1

About my last post, above:  If anyone can suggest a fix, it would be very greatly appreciated!

Does the sort mod actually do sorting or does it just call Wurms built in sorting? I would like to sort all common item groups by QL automatically but not touch the rest of the containers order.

Another Idea would be to enforce rules like custom inventory groups floating to the top.

There a big issue with the bounty mod where players can kill the same mob with as many alts as they want and all receive the full bounty payout. Is there a way to check against steam ID's or something to stop this?

Also, there is no modifier for the Zombie , could this be added in with Custom_<identifier>_Bounty=<value>

I've started encountering a crash with the sort mod quite a bit more frequently as of recentish.. No idea what the correlation is, sometimes it happens whilst just doing "things" in game, other times if I've gone away from my computer to do something else and had left WU running. (Using SortMod 1.7.)

Exception:

Spoiler

Unexpected crash while playing
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:354)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.serverUpdate(WurmClientBase.java)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.preUpdate(WurmClientBase.java:353)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runGameLoop(WurmClientBase.java:527)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runConnectionLoop(WurmClientBase.java:325)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runGame(WurmClientBase.java:304)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.run(WurmClientBase.java:1597)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor28.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.sortmod.SortMod$6$1.invoke(SortMod.java:367)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:344)
    ... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:43)
    at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:223)
    at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:197)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:380)
    at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketConnection.tick(SocketConnection.java:564)
    at com.wurmonline.client.comm.SimpleServerConnectionClass.update(SimpleServerConnectionClass.java:274)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.serverUpdate$1(WurmClientBase.java:1535)
    ... 12 more

The exception suggests that this is a network issue, though a little hard to believe as the WU server is on the same network hopping through only a single layer 2 switch. (The WU server process did not crash.)

The sort mod doesn't even work for me anymore. No sorting actually happens. That started a few WU versions ago. I've been assuming WalkerInTheVoid has disappeared.

1 hour ago, Ignacius said:

The sort mod doesn't even work for me anymore. No sorting actually happens. That started a few WU versions ago. I've been assuming WalkerInTheVoid has disappeared.

It's still working fine for us. Just to make sure you realize it, items still do combine within their 10s values, up until the 90s.  So if you put a 20 and a 29 QL in a bin, they will combine and average.

@AdambeanWe're also not getting the crash issue. Perhaps it's a mod conflict?

Edited by Batta

On 1/27/2019 at 5:59 PM, Batta said:

It's still working fine for us. Just to make sure you realize it, items still do combine within their 10s values, up until the 90s.  So if you put a 20 and a 29 QL in a bin, they will combine and average.

I was referring to the client-side inventory and skills automatic sorting, not the bulk storage mod :) Sorry about that, should have specified.

Edited by Ignacius

On 1/27/2019 at 10:59 PM, Batta said:

Possibly. I noticed it happens when using improved improve quite rapidly today, but not always, sometimes just hovering around over inventory windows can do it. (Perhaps the better tooltips mod?)

Unexpected crash while playing
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:354)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.serverUpdate(WurmClientBase.java)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.preUpdate(WurmClientBase.java:353)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runGameLoop(WurmClientBase.java:527)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runConnectionLoop(WurmClientBase.java:325)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runGame(WurmClientBase.java:304)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.run(WurmClientBase.java:1597)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor28.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:344)
    ... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Disconnected.
    at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketConnection.tick(SocketConnection.java:564)
    at com.wurmonline.client.comm.SimpleServerConnectionClass.update(SimpleServerConnectionClass.java:274)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.serverUpdate$1(WurmClientBase.java:1535)
    ... 12 more

11 hours ago, Adambean said:

looks like sort mod has a bad hook in it to me.

Most definitely. Can't really find a consistent situation though, just now I had it while farming a tile.

As much as I like what SortMod does I recommend taking it down, it's seriously unstable.

The same crash caused by the exception I've already mentioned will happen at complete random, even if you've switched to another application temporarily.

1 hour ago, Adambean said:

As much as I like what SortMod does I recommend taking it down, it's seriously unstable.

The same crash caused by the exception I've already mentioned will happen at complete random, even if you've switched to another application temporarily.

It turns out that SortMod is taking the credit for exceptions that happen to the client even when SortMod isn't the cause of those exceptions. This makes it appear to be unstable. 

I believe @WalkerInTheVoidis working on an updated version that prevents SortMod from taking undue credit for exceptions.

Hm okay. I did take off sort mod yesterday, no crashes since. I have also begun to look into this but not quite got a matching JAR built. (Looks like the repository is missing some metadata for this?)

Probably just worth waiting if OP is already looking into it.

39 minutes ago, Ignacius said:

WalkerInTheVoid hasn't logged in since 2017.

I spoke to him (verbally) about two days ago.

As Mark Twain likes to say, "Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

@WalkerInTheVoidwill respond when he is ready to.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 1:33 AM, Nappy said:

I spoke to him (verbally) about two days ago.

As Mark Twain likes to say, "Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

@WalkerInTheVoidwill respond when he is ready to.

Good to know, thank you! That being said, his last login time was in 2017. :P