Sign in to follow this  
WalkerInTheVoid

[RELEASED] Mods for Modloader: Bounties, Digging Like Mining, Meditation, Underground Prospecting, Spider Replacements

Err...case switches based on what?

Part of the idea here is that if I'm going to go to the trouble of having specialized rewards for each species, I might as well take the final plunge and make each of those rewards configurable.  So I'm a bit confused on what you mean by the case switches.

Rambling jokes aside, is the "flat bounty amount" aspect appealing (as in without the randomness)?  If so, can someone suggest default values of bounties for trolls, rats, etc?

I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 1 copper for easy passive mobs (hens, pheasants, pigs, dogs, deer), 3-5 copper for slightly harder passive mobs (horses, bulls, bison?), 3-5 copper for easy aggros (wild cats, mountain lions, cave bugs, rats), 5-10 copper for medium aggros (wolves, bears, spiders, scorpions) and 10-20 copper for the hardest aggros (trolls, crocodiles, anaconda, hellhounds).

Just a thought. Might be a bit lower than what you're looking for but I think something along those lines would be fair. 

Thanks.  TBH, I just wanted a good set of default values.  As I said, if I'm going this far might as well go whole hog and make the rewards configurable.  I'm thinking just a number of irons in the config file, and the code translates that into coins.

That way if one server decides the rewards are too high or too low, well, simple fix, eh?

• Like 1

Ah, if you're using the batch file, there's no special steps to install these mods over other mods using his awesome framework.  For convenience though:

1. Copy the mods\meditatemod\meditatemod.jar file from inside the jar to <Dedicated Server install directory>\mods\meditatemod\meditatemod.jar

Copy meditatemod.disabled to the \mods directory in your server install.

Rename medidatemod.disabled to meditatemod.properties

Open meditatemod.properties in a text editor.  It has comments explaining which configuration item does what, make sure any features you want on are set to true, and any you don't want are set to false.

Start or Restart your server, and ago's work should handle the rest.

Hope that helps!  (If not, well, obviously you know where to find me ;)  )

sorry mate i am stupid, but i can't get this to work.. it just closes the server promt down imediatley what am i doing wrong?

sorry mate i am stupid, but i can't get this to work.. it just closes the server promt down imediatley what am i doing wrong?

Little something to WORK with would be nice.

Did you follow the directions?

Have you tried loading it without any mods?  If so, does it work?

If it works without mods, which mod causes the problem?

Push comes to shove, try running this from the command line or a batch file:

runtime\bin\java "-Dworkdir=%CD%" "-Djava.library.path=%CD%\nativelibs" -Xmn256M -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp server.jar com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain

That should at least let you see what the error message was.

• Like 1

I like the idea of having the rewards tied to butchering. As for not getting a reward, surely there is some way to make a butchered item 100% drop... after all, I can't remember a time where i *didn't* get meat from butchering (even with 1.0 skill).

As far as customization - the more the better!

• Everything from having the entire mod en/dis-abled - Allow Admins/Owners to turn the whole system on or off as they see fit.
  • Setting the amounts per critter - random amounts across the board, set amounts per 'type or species', scaling off average of FS, BS, and HP, etc
  • Setting which critters give rewards - Allows Admin/Owners to set specific hunt events (ie: this week's hunt is trolls and only trolls give coin rewards), next week domestic animals (hens, horses, cows etc)
  • Min/max amounts given - from setting the types of coin (iron, copper, silver) to how much is actually given (ie: no matter what critter is killed, max reward is 30c etc)
  • Take rewards given from kingdom coffers or 'create from thin air' - Fairly self explanatory
  • Set Global Max rewards - Set a 'cap' on how much coin can be given out daily, weekly, hourly, whatever

Now, these are just some ideas that came to mind, but in my opinion, these would make for the ultimate bounty/reward system.

Little something to WORK with would be nice.

Did you follow the directions?

Have you tried loading it without any mods?  If so, does it work?

If it works without mods, which mod causes the problem?

Push comes to shove, try running this from the command line or a batch file:

runtime\bin\java "-Dworkdir=%CD%" "-Djava.library.path=%CD%\nativelibs" -Xmn256M -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp server.jar com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain

That should at least let you see what the error message was.

yes i followed your steps, and im uting Agos launcher batch file to run it, when i only have agos mods in (priest and crops mod) it works, when i add any of your mods, it wont start, the promt windows just instantly closes down again.

Regards

Siligon

Edit: the server windows is starting, but as soon as i click "start server" it closes down and wont start

Edited by siligon

got it to work, as as simple as that i needed to update Agos modloader.. had an outdated one

Hello,

On the topic of the meditation mod, we're still getting the message "[18:57:17] You still need to let your recent progress sink in for many hours."

Every other aspect of the mod seems to work fine.

Is there something I'm missing here? Here are my settings:

classname=org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.meditatemod.MeditateMod
classpath=meditatemod.jar
# true: Automatically succeed at skill checks for entering a trance (avoiding the "you fail to relax") and for getting a path question.
# false: No effect
autoPassSkillChecks=true

# true: No delay between the first 5 skill gains. After that, the 3hr cooldown applies.
noMeditateDelay=true
# true: Disable a change between the first 5 skill gains per day and any later ones. In conjuction with
# noMeditateDelay above, you can have no meditation delays at all.
# If this is true and this is not, then any skill gains must be 30 minutes apart, but that applies to
# ALL meditation skill gains, not just the first 5 per day.
unlimitedMeditations=false
# true: disable distance-moved requirement for meditation skill gains.
noMeditateDistance=true
# true: disable delays between path questions
noPathLevelDelay=true

Hello,

On the topic of the meditation mod, we're still getting the message "[18:57:17] You still need to let your recent progress sink in for many hours."

Every other aspect of the mod seems to work fine.

Is there something I'm missing here? Here are my settings:

classname=org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.meditatemod.MeditateMod

classpath=meditatemod.jar

# true: Automatically succeed at skill checks for entering a trance (avoiding the "you fail to relax") and for getting a path question.

# false: No effect

autoPassSkillChecks=true

# true: No delay between the first 5 skill gains. After that, the 3hr cooldown applies.

noMeditateDelay=true

# true: Disable a change between the first 5 skill gains per day and any later ones. In conjuction with

# noMeditateDelay above, you can have no meditation delays at all.

# If this is true and this is not, then any skill gains must be 30 minutes apart, but that applies to

# ALL meditation skill gains, not just the first 5 per day.

unlimitedMeditations=false

# true: disable distance-moved requirement for meditation skill gains.

noMeditateDistance=true

# true: disable delays between path questions

noPathLevelDelay=true

...huh.  I've gone over the code again and I must be missing something.  It looks like you've got the setting right but something's gummed up...I know I tested it but...hmm.  If you can see the command line output when starting the server, you should find a "noPathLevelDelay: <value>" log message, make sure that value is true (it should be, I'm just grasping at straws here).

For what it's worth, I have been trying to redesign that feature to be a multiplier so that a server can cut the path delays in half, or to a third, or cut them out entirely.  Encountering a few extra headaches along the way.

Yes, it appears that the settings are being loaded correctly:

Nov 12, 2015 4:57:08 PM org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.meditatemod.MeditateMod con
figure
INFO: autoPassSkillChecks: true
Nov 12, 2015 4:57:08 PM org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.meditatemod.MeditateMod con
figure
INFO: noMeditateDelay: true
figure
INFO: noMeditateDistance: true
figure
INFO: unlimitedMeditations: false
figure
INFO: noPathLevelDelay: true
Nov 12, 2015 4:57:08 PM org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.prospectmod.ProspectMod con
figure

Thanks for your effort to fix this, and yes, we'd love to have the timer based on a multiplier.

Okay, brief status update for everyone.

First off, life has happened and my muse left me for a while.  I do hope to have an update / release sometime this weekend though.

A preview of a couple things I have in the works:

BountyMod: Still working on the rework for the bounties to be species-specific.  Dunno if I'll have it done this weekend, depends on if I can get my muse back on it.

MeditateMod: Hit a few snags changing the path question to a multiplier, but should be able to get past em.  I'm hoping this rework solves your problem zaaephod, since I can't figure out what about the old way is messing you up.

PhobiaMod: New mod, Replaces giant spiders with black bears, and lava spiders with lava fiends.  This is mainly because I do NOT suffer from arachnophobia and even I find the spider models creepy.  This has been worked to even affect existing spiders already on the server.  Status: has passed my testing and is feature-complete.  (Black bears were chosen because according to the wiki you need roughly the same fight skill to face off with a black bear as a giant spider, and the black bear shares the attributes of being both aggressive and unable to swim with the giant spider.  Lava spiders for Lava fiends is probably more self-explanatory.)

Ideas still on the drawing board. probably not for a near release but just wanted to share what ideas I have in mind:

New spell: Gift of Water (name may need work).  Cast on a fountain or well to make it refill itself as though it were on a spring.  Thinking by default it would be a Vynora spell, but configurable to be all gods or all whitelight gods.

A recreation of  Alexgopen's fine work, Digging like Mining, for use with ago's modloader.

Also, I was looking over the code and realized it may be possible to give boats animal-hitching "seats", to allow these boats to transport animals.  Further investigation will have to ensue.

As a side note, seems ago has made a patcher to enable a from-exe version of his own modloader, so I may remove my from-exe solution from here unless people want me to keep it up.

• Like 1

Awesome work on this mod setup.

Bounty mod -- I am running a low pop server and althought there are hunting parties its 2 or 3 people.  So money satuaration is not an issue.

Meditate mod -- I love this one as well as everyone on my server.

Phobia mod -- I have one person that will love you for this.  Looking forward to update that to stop hearing the girlish screams from him.

Gift of water sounds like an awesome idea - i understand a gm can do something similar by changing auxdata to 4 for that container.  Have to try and find it.

The recreation of digging like mining -- would be Awesome. :)

Thank you for all your fine work :)

WalkerInTheVoid, I very much appreciate your efforts with the mod, especially your focus on the issue with meditation. Thanks!

21 hours ago, zaaephod said:

WalkerInTheVoid, I very much appreciate your efforts with the mod, especially your focus on the issue with meditation. Thanks!

Had a bit of an epiphany.  Were you getting the message from meditating on a path tile, or from when someone tried to "light the path" for you?  Just stumbled across how the old way only shut off the question cooldown for the former and not the latter >_<

New version released: 1.2

Updated BountyMod with species-specific configurable bounties.  If for some reason you kill something that the mod doesn't have a bounty for, you will get a message that "The king has not decided on an official bounty for such a creature".  If you get this message, please let me know along with the logged message that begins "No bounty found for templateid: ", located in the mogs.log file in the mods/logs directory in your wurm server directory.

Updated MeditateMod, now with a multiplier for path question cooldowns.

New Mod: PhobiaMod, for those who find the spider models creepy, and are annoyed with the fact that WU makes it hard to enable phobia mode and that the blobs are so tiny and hard to see.  Replace huge spiders with black bears, and lava spiders with lava fiends.  Works even on existing critters!

I made that new one because while I do not have full-on arachnophobia, the huge spider models creep me out, especially when I was playing WO trying to harvest an oleander push that blocked my view only to have a huge spdier head burst out of it as the creature takes a bite at me and give me a hell of a frieght.  That's when I decided it was time to turn on phobia mode.  Now I have a more comprehensive solution.

• Like 1

Another release, 1.3

• BulkMod (NEW)
    • Enables placing hot items into BSBs and FSBs.  (Further features probably coming, depending on feedback)
  • DigLikeMiningMod (NEW)
    • A recreation of Alexgopen's Digging Like Mining for use with ago's modlauncher.  (Caveat: as this currently are, you must have enough space in your inventory for one dirt, or the action will still be blocked)

Hope you like em, if you do or want to see new features, please give feedback, I may be coding some of these for my own use but I'm putting them out here for everyone's benefit, which means I want to give you guys the features you want :)

Edited by WalkerInTheVoid
Addendum to DigLikeMiningMod
  • Like 1

hmm i just saw on other servers that they have an icreased item limit for crates and forges. maybe if this would be possible it would be a nice thing to have, maybe even for weapon racks,chests etc.

btw thx for your hard work on all the mods! 

15 hours ago, Biervampyr said:

hmm i just saw on other servers that they have an icreased item limit for crates and forges. maybe if this would be possible it would be a nice thing to have, maybe even for weapon racks,chests etc.

btw thx for your hard work on all the mods! 

thats using agos modlauncher. it has the Bag of Holding spell with it. (BoH ftw <3) 

I have a couple requests for the bounty mod...

1. Is it possible to have bred animals give xp, but not coin? Maybe have two separate true/false values... though if the drop chance is modifiable, it'd make more sense that maybe the horse ate some coins it found, lol.

2. It it possible to have coin awards have a minimum and maximum and have the award be a number in that range? Dog - MIN=50 MAX=100, etc.

3. Is it possible to set the drop chance for coin? I'm not a fan of EVERY kill dropping coin, but I'd like it to be more than the default. It doesn't need to be per creature, but maybe be able to set it to a 30% chance of a coin drop, etc.

Thanks!

Llurendt

On 24.11.2015, 05:51:49, Saiyan said:

thats using agos modlauncher. it has the Bag of Holding spell with it. (BoH ftw <3) 

the problem is that it wont increase the item limit of containers... so bags,forges etc will still hold max 100 items and crates small 150 crates large 300!

so it would be really nice if we could adjust all containers...maybe something like a list with all containers and then we can choose if we want to use default max item or setting a new limit.

thx Bier

Hey! First of all, cheers for the mods. Really like the idea for the bounty one, well done on that one.

On the amounts of coins gained -- I was thinking if it could be possible to base it on Fighting skill gained?

Let's say - (FS gain)x(1 silver), so, say, 0.1674 FS increase would earn you 16 coppers and 74 iron... possibly configurable multiplier too... and flat rate for uniques? Oh and maybe reverting to some flat rate post-70 FS (reduced skill gains from mobs).

The reason is that the way FS progresses already kind of rewards fighting against mobs at your skill level ("easy" mobs don't give much since there's not much risk, "hard" mobs give less, because you either lucked out or overwhelmed them with gear and other advantages); so it's kind of natural to base payout on that.

Additionally, this would take the mob's special qualities ("champion", "sly", etc.), in account, since you do get more skill gains from those! :)

Anyway, that's what I would love to see that as an option, at least!

Thanks again for your work on this! Looking forward to more!

• Like 1