Sign in to follow this  
Tuanta

Fishing while sailing/moving

Title says it all.

Would be awfully nice if we could fish while sailing.

"[11:42:06] You are now too far away to fish." is nuts...

Edit: Hoping its server side, it's possible the check may be client side.

Edited by Tuanta
  • Like 2

Would have to be a different command though, as fishing from land is based on the tile you aim at, and rare spots based on aiming at boat and being *on* the right tile.

Now for what you're saying, activate a net instead... 5 minute action that adds fish as you go... TRAWLING!

So +1

I almost go this to work.

Can start fishing on any water tile you can target, not just the ones right next to you.

Can move away from the tile where toon started fishing (with the bug from blocking). It doesn't matter whether your on foot, in a cart, or a boat. Nor does it matter whether the boat or the ground was targeted.

I could remove the checks that won't let you fish while swimming. But considering you can target tiles far way with this I didn't think it was needed.

One last problem tho:

"[05:22:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.structures.Blocking: Tedd checking 3.0 meters failed. Checks=62"

It seems if the toon too far from the action initiation tile the blocking class starts spamming the server.log files with these messages. They are info level so they won't likely be hidden. The toon needs to be quite far away for it to trigger. I think it could happen often in a boat with high wind.

The method printing those messages is Blocker.getBlockerBetween()  ( at least I think it is). My problem is where that blocker method is called ... Action.Poll(). It is a mess of nest if/if-else logic and magic numbers. I'm hoping someone will have a tip on where I should hook into to exempt fishing actions from the blocker method. I guess I could hook them all, idk.

https://github.com/Joedobo27/FishingIgnoresRange/tree/master/src/com/Joedobo27/fishingignoresrange

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 1