Sign in to follow this  
Lordterrabyte

Tunneling in created a spike in a mountain

I used the ebony wand on tile coords 866, 1036(creative map on a LAN server) or at least fairly sure that's the correct tile as that is where the opening ended up however instead of creating a flat base as usually it shot the ground up in a spike 277 slope up and made the top of the spike the flat area and what appeared as the ceiling was actually the floor. the highest corner ended up a 364 slope so its not possible to surface mine it back down.

I'm assuming this to be a server bug but if not sorry for the incorrect placement in the forum.

This happened to me a few days ago. I play as a regular player too, no GM powers. My server runs the adventure world, no modifications.

Just south of the cemetery near Liticonia, mining on the side of a mountain by the lake. After opening the tunnel, a rock spike shot up from the floor. The tunnel was inaccessible, slope was 641 units steep, and I took fall damage from it.

I wasn't even intending to open a mine. I was flattening the dirt to hopefully make a flat-ish path to the guard tower at the south side of the lake, but removing just 1 layer of dirt from the mountain side revealed rock -- repeatedly. That got me curious so when prospecting revealed ore, I started to mine. I thought it was a little bit odd that so much rock was under just 1 layer of dirt.

Pics:

ymFzKba.jpg

d2WEHRi.jpg

G4Ey7FY.jpg

u3sen5W.jpg

uwevF1F.jpg

Edited by Adambean

It seems that the rock layer has somehow risen above the land layer. Chopping down trees is revealing rock where we know there was plenty of soil before. I also tried to change the surprising rock tiles back to grass, and I get the message "That would have impact on the rock layer, and is not allowed for now."

Something has definitely corrupted the rock/cave bitmap.

Found the cause. This mapping tool easily showed me why this occurred. I wish I took a screen shot, but near the North of the world the visual showed that the rock layer was saving in spaced out bands vertically. This caused the rock layer to be shifted southwards from about 25% distance from the North border. Not a huge deal had been done on my world yet so I just copied the rock layer from the vanilla adventure world, and this corrected it.