Sign in to follow this  
Miretta

Berithana 2048x, dirtlayer 120, mountainous with rivers

A new map! worked the whole day on it, just to find out that the dropping dirt is quite fiddly when it comes to high detailed maps, so there are still some jagged dirts here and there.

But I wanted a high dirt layer this time, so I sticked with it and smoothed out the Heightmap instead, which sadly lost alot of detail inbetween.

I hope someone likes it anyway :) I think it's quite special for a wurm terrain ^^ so have fun with it :)

Map stats:

2048x2048

dirtlayer 120

water lvl 400

adamantite and glimmersteel 0,01%

Good Spawn point, near lake and center of the map: 1086, 719

updated link with proper cave layer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nk8qgzc5kv9k5g/Berithana8.zip?dl=0

VGKkVgt.png

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Spoiler

NtjYWnm.png

kqifSl4.png

FLhzBW2.png

b29naBC.png

ZX7DsXf.png

Cwp4jb7.png

mM4Ze77.png

FFarvID.png

W3ryVUl.png

FBX1UBd.png

fKwFSDX.png

e3uSqmK.png

my next project is probably something less mountainous XD

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 11

Keep up the great work. I love what you are doing with these maps. I wish I could play ALL of them :(

oh and apparently one needs to seed everything thats possible in wurm...when I accidentially forgot to add tundra I couldn't start the server with this map

oh and apparently one needs to seed everything thats possible in wurm...when I accidentially forgot to add tundra I couldn't start the server with this map

Hm, I'm running a map without tundra and steppe tiles so maybe one of your map files was bugged?

This map is great... I might use it for my dedicated server when PvP island will be opened. :)

your cave layer has no ores, i had to generate them myself

updated the files with correct cave layer :)

sweet thanks.

Had a chance to play with the map today, love it. Think I'm going to keep it for my server thanks for your effort with maps.

Edited by AlexLong

how do you load and use your custom maps everytime I try to load the actions.act in the generator it gives me all sorts of errors

how do you load and use your custom maps everytime I try to load the actions.act in the generator it gives me all sorts of errors

if you want to adjust some of the stuff inside the generator you need to open the actions.act with a text editing program, like txteditor and delete the first line, thats about importing a heightmap, then inside the mapgenerator you need to import the heightmap from the folder, then load the actions file.

Well I'm only assuming what your errors are, but thats how I am doing it usually...you could tell what kind of problems there are and what editor are you using? (I think it's mandatory to use http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133610-map-generator-20/ from Eitr)

Really want to make a few maps but I can't seem to find a good tut for using this program. I keep gettting java heap error and everything. Even when I download a custom map and go to start it I just hangs up on me. Do u have a website or any advice?

also what is the size of this map compared to the official wurm servers?

Edited by megatarre

Really want to make a few maps but I can't seem to find a good tut for using this program. I keep gettting java heap error and everything. Even when I download a custom map and go to start it I just hangs up on me. Do u have a website or any advice?

also what is the size of this map compared to the official wurm servers?

if you want to adjust some of the stuff inside the generator you need to open the actions.act with a text editing program, like txteditor and delete the first line, thats about importing a heightmap, then inside the mapgenerator you need to import the heightmap from the folder, then load the actions file.

Well I'm only assuming what your errors are, but thats how I am doing it usually...you could tell what kind of problems there are and what editor are you using? (I think it's mandatory to use http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133610-map-generator-20/ from Eitr)

Thank you that worked perfectly

2048x is size of deliverance :) 4096x would be independence and I think xanadu is 8192

and regarding your java issue, first thing that comes to my mind is to update java.

C:\Users\MegaTarre>java -Xmx4096m -jar WGenerator.jar

Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx4096m

The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

My java version:

C:\Users\MegaTarre> java -version

java version "1.8.0_65"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_65-b17)

Java HotSpot Client VM (build 25.65-b01, mixed mode)

This is what I get now. I have 20 gigs of ram Not sure how to make java use more.. Java is up to date at this point as well.

And thanks for the map size answers.

Edited by megatarre

C:\Users\MegaTarre>java -Xmx4096m -jar WGenerator.jar

Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx4096m

The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

My java version:

C:\Users\MegaTarre> java -version

java version "1.8.0_65"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_65-b17)

Java HotSpot Client VM (build 25.65-b01, mixed mode)

This is what I get now. I have 20 gigs of ram Not sure how to make java use more.. Java is up to date at this point as well.

And thanks for the map size answers.

Yes ty I did and I found the issue, I was not running 64bit java :)

good you found the solution ! :D

I'm loving your work. It's really awesome to see what more artistic people can accomplish, haha.

• Like 1

I'm loving your work. It's really awesome to see what more artistic people can accomplish, haha.

I had the same thought when looking at this map  :lol: 

Looks great Miretta!  :)