Sign in to follow this  
rosega

Champion points PvE

As the Title suggests my friend and I are on a PvE server with just us and we want to be priests on our mains but, the penalties are just a pain so we decided to become champions and we can't enchant at all without champion points. Is there a way to give champion points to our characters in-game or would we have to edit the database and if so, how?

This was all part of an update some time ago to prevent kingdoms from champing up lots of people and just keeping them on deed as casters - the dev team went a little over the top however.

Since champions don't exist out of pvp servers, I'm not sure how faith bonus works for non-champions in WU, but the preventions in place on WO are:

Limit 3 per god and per kingdom

Limited time frame (6 months)

Need champion points to enchant

No faith bonus unless outside of your own kingdom influence

In my opinion, the first 2 restrictions prevent 'caster champions', as a pvp kingdom would probably be annoyed at the wasted slot.  You can see however, that in a PvE environment that if the restrictions are the same, it's pretty much useless unless you just want the priest abilities for combat. (well, Wisdom of Vynora is pretty sweet too if you go that route)

I cannot think of any pve way to get champion points, since they are based on kills and rank gains, so things like:

2 points for Tower/Hota pillar conquering (limited to 1 hota pillar per hota)

1 point for killing someone in an enemy kingdom with 50+ fight skill

30 points for killing an enemy champion

Any additional rank gained from a kill gives points too

Soo... yeah.  No idea what the point in PvE champions is, since they left the pvp restrictions in.

what if i change the server to PvP and have my friend make an alt and have him Champion'd repeatedly and I kill him over and over and over till i have a ton of points then do the same with him (with my alt) until we both have enough points to not care then switch to pve?