Sign in to follow this  
Moha

My failures as a GM...

So I started running a server roughly 10 days ago. I have some big ambitions on things to do with the server while also playing as a character on the server.

I just want to give an example of how awesome a community can be. While running my GM character I spawned in a Goblin Leader the other day. In the process of giving him loot for when the server kills him, I managed to hand him my only GM Wand. With no backup GM account made at this point. I summoned all the regular players, including my own player account, to gather and slay the goblin leader and retrieve the wand of power! About 8 of us set sail some with only starter gear, to go and slay this golbin. 4 hours later, the server crashed. It was a epic battle and many died. The community rallied together and the overall event which ultimately ended in failure, from my perspective, turned out to be great fun.

All who participated that day will be rewarded. I learned a great lesson that day and have taken better precautions to be able to more quickly recover for such disasters in the future.

I would love to hear of more fun failures like this from other GM'S. :)

• Like 1

Well, I made a goblin leader on my server that died in 4-5 hits. I just clicked the wand and did it but no idea how it died so fast :P

If anyone remembers bear-mageddon, we had a spider-mageddon after I deleted all the sharks in the db.

If anyone remembers bear-mageddon, we had a spider-mageddon after I deleted all the sharks in the db.

• Like 1

I had an interesting turn while experimenting with my zombie mod. They took on NPC AI.

[06:48:34] <Zombie ironshroud> Can't say I fear your knowledge in Dairy food making, Ironshroud.

• Like 1

You can also retrieve items with #loaditemfromhell #

You can get the item ID from the GM menu. I set my menu to Y, but you can set it to anything... I wish I could remember the hook you use to do so...

• Like 1

Your avatar is very fitting lol...

Edited by AlexLong