Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

News #84 Ch-ch-ch-changes

so now we are getting screenshoots of the week from private servers where people can litterary spawn in stuff....?

*facepalm*

I don't feel that the screenshot has to be constructed in any fashion or manner, its point is to showcase what you can do in wurm, and what can be created in this SANDBOX... How it is created doesn't matter, if I build a beautiful castle it doesn't matter if it took me 20 mins or 20 hours it still looks awesome which is the point of the screenshot, to showcase what is possible not to showcase that it takes 20 hours to build something....

Honestly Zeke i'm dissapointed in you, this is all you could find to ###### about this week... you're really slacking. 

Edited by thekraken
  • Like 1

No news about the fact that new permission system messed up PVP and has not been fixed in a month?

• Like 1

So now we get pictures of WU deeds when there are so many beautiful bridges and deeds on WO on the WO forums. And maybe if you are sharing about the linux version you could also share something for the OSX people about how that part is progressing.

Give the WU their own forum and news! This is a mess..

I like the bsb and fsb thing tho :D

I run Linux in Oracale VM VirtualBox for certain things. Check here. https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads There is an OSX version that will at least let you run the Linux port when they complete it (without the need to have a paid for Windows installation medium). If you have a Windows installation medium, you can even install Windows into it and run the current one. 

EDIT: Keep in mind that it will not be as ideal as running it on your OSX because the VM has to share resources but it should run.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

I run Linux in Oracale VM VirtualBox for certain things. Check here. https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads There is an OSX version that will at least let you run the Linux port when they complete it (without the need to have a paid for Windows installation medium). If you have a Windows installation medium, you can even install Windows into it and run the current one.

EDIT: Keep in mind that it will not be as ideal as running it on your OSX because the VM has to share resources but it should run.

Thanks!!

I know there are other ways to play and it certainly isnt the best way. I tried it before with other games. Also there is a reason why im using osx and not windows lol. Plus i wont buy WU just yet when all i have is a way to play it that could have a lot of problems.

I will have to wait i guess ;)

Thanks again tho.. Will keep it in mind for who knows what :P

• Like 2

I have seen some pictures on the Screenshot section from WU.. and now here.. i couldn't care less about them as there is no effort put in it..

Please give WU a separate forum already and stop making a cocktail from the WO forums!!

• Like 4

I have seen some pictures on the Screenshot section from WU.. and now here.. i couldn't care less about them as there is no effort put in it..

Please give WU a separate forum already and stop making a cocktail from the WO forums!!

We people at WO need attention too. It is not only WU now.

• Like 4

Yes yes yes, MASSIVE decay on deeds withe low upkeep please! I am sure there will be people that will even like that. You know, the usual lickers that are ready to applause every bad decision about the game.

• Like 2

Work continues on Wurm Unlimited with the focus currently being releasing it in Linux.

Any news about an OS/X version?

• Like 1

Any news about an OS/X version?

OS/X is basically slightly different Linux when it comes to architecture, so... If there is a Linux version, OS/X one is formality.

• Like 3

BSB decay never bothered me before. Although I do consider this to be a very good change.

The bad part is. No more 0.10kg ropes because they won't decay anymore. =(

BSB decay never bothered me before. Although I do consider this to be a very good change.

The bad part is. No more 0.10kg ropes because they won't decay anymore. =(

There will still be 5% decay off deed. Decay is removed only from functioning deeds.

• Like 3

There will still be 5% decay off deed. Decay is removed only from functioning deeds.

• Like 1

No more 0.10kg ropes because they won't decay anymore. =(

Ahh, that's how I got that lightweight rope, was always afraid to ask  :lol:

Yes, Sila, you can make NPCs on your own server. And adventure mode has some also.

I see a lot of folks complaining about the screenshot here.

Just like last week's news, I'd like to remind everyone that this is one large Wurm family. It would be wrong to not share some of the creations folks have made in Wurm Unlimited in a news post that has been expanded to encompass this growing family.

Also, as someone who has spent quite a bit of time on Wurm Unlimited, the notion that building there requires "no effort" is a bit off. It's about on-par with someone with high skill and purchasing materials from other people here in Wurm Online. While you can one-click spawn certain square-ish buildings, those aren't really ideal. Bridges take almost the same amount of effort, minus needing all of those materials and the action timer. 

You still have to plan and build the buildings, plan and build bridges. You still have to terraform. All of this still takes time and effort, if not as much as Wurm Online. That last statement also depends entirely on how the person chooses to play Wurm Unlimited. Not all WU servers are set to be "easy" - in fact you can actually make the game much more difficult by simply setting your multipliers to a number less than 1. For example, a 0.5 skill gain modifier will actually halve the gains you'd normally see in Wurm Online. Some also choose to play the game as a player and not as a GM.

I've always appreciated the news, even if I haven't always liked the content. The point is that volunteers happily put this together for us, and I'd really appreciate it if they continued to do so for both games. If you don't like the Wurm Unlimited content, simply skip over it. :)

• Like 5

Just like last week's news, I'd like to remind everyone that this is one large Wurm family. It would be wrong to not share some of the creations folks have made in Wurm Unlimited in a news post that has been expanded to encompass this growing family.

With all due respect, I disagree  I play wurm online, on a mac.  I couldn't play wurm unlimited even if I wanted to because it doesn't seem to be available to me and my computer. 

These aren't the same game, and while it seems to be a minority of us who feel this way, I hope that you understand that there are some of us (again, admittedly a minority) who come here for information about the game we do play, not the one we don't.

• Like 1

Surely we have more than enough staff members to have updates for each games even if a patch applies to both.

To say the forums are quite confusing atm is an understatement.

• Like 2

Also, as someone who has spent quite a bit of time on Wurm Unlimited, the notion that building there requires "no effort" is a bit off. It's about on-par with someone with high skill and purchasing materials from other people here in Wurm Online. While you can one-click spawn certain square-ish buildings, those aren't really ideal. Bridges take almost the same amount of effort, minus needing all of those materials and the action timer.

You still have to plan and build the buildings, plan and build bridges. You still have to terraform. All of this still takes time and effort, if not as much as Wurm Online. That last statement also depends entirely on how the person chooses to play Wurm Unlimited. Not all WU servers are set to be "easy" - in fact you can actually make the game much more difficult by simply setting your multipliers to a number less than 1. For example, a 0.5 skill gain modifier will actually halve the gains you'd normally see in Wurm Online. Some also choose to play the game as a player and not as a GM.

I've always appreciated the news, even if I haven't always liked the content. The point is that volunteers happily put this together for us, and I'd really appreciate it if they continued to do so for both games. If you don't like the Wurm Unlimited content, simply skip over it. :)

I agree with the 2 before me..

We are getting a whole bunch of things and information that we cant even do anything with, cause not even all of us can play WU because its not available for a lot of us. (and this is my opinion) it is not finished if not made available for all operating systems.

Anyway...

If there were two tabs on the forums (a Wo forum tab and a Wu forum tab) like Cecci suggested a while back. Even WU people wil come to the Wo forums to look for information and maybe ask some general questions. That not wo'ers can even find now cause it all stuffed wit WU questions, pics...... The WU and WO people will come together eventually but as others said before me said it is a different game. And there needs to be some kind of order in this mess.

Plus its not even that i dont like the WU content.. I would like to choose when to see it amd bot get it thrown in my face when i look for something WO.

Edited by SweetSusie
  • Like 2

Wow, people are really offended by the notion of seeing Wurm Unlimited screenshots.

I don't even play WU, but it's great to see the sort of creative things people can come up with. In fact, I had a brief conversation with the player who made the complex in this screenshot in order to get some inspiration on possible future projects in WO.

• Like 1

Wow, people are really offended by the notion of seeing Wurm Unlimited screenshots.

I don't even play WU, but it's great to see the sort of creative things people can come up with. In fact, I had a brief conversation with the player who made the complex in this screenshot in order to get some inspiration on possible future projects in WO.

I think you missunderstand.. Its not about seeing screenshots. Or WU in general.

Im glad you found inspiration. Wish i could try WU for fun besides WO tho..

We aren't offended... but These are 2 different games, they need to be seperated on the forums.  I come here looking for WO stuff and all I can see are questions, complaints, and other WU related things.

A WU section is nice, but it needs to be it's own forum.

For me personally, bottom line, I don't intend to play Wurm Unfinished, so I'd rather not have to be smothered with it's posts.

• Like 2

Not offended in the least, it's just tough searching for topics or news for each game in the jumbled mess the forums are atm.