Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

News #84 Ch-ch-ch-changes

I like the removal of the 5% rot in storage. When I tunnel, I save the shards for future bricks and even make bricks when I have nothing better to do for future things. Not losing 5% a month is very welcome.

• Like 2

Fill all BSB's! :)

On the other hand, I am thinking about MASSIVE increase in decay for deeds with less than 1 month of upkeep left, to make things balanced.

I respectfully disagree. There's no need to add more decay to deeds just because items in BSBs don't decay any more. Besides, how does increasing on-deed decay (for <30 days upkeep) in any way balance this update? It just doesn't make sense because that increased decay wouldn't remove items from the bin—it would just increase the amount of time repairing structures and objects that would already need repairing due to upkeep falling below 30 days. That is, unless you want the BSBs' entire contents to be destroyed before the deed auto-disbands due to lack of upkeep, which in my opinion is extremely harsh and unjustified.

Your suggestion, on the face of it, seems to suggest adding more aggravation because a nice change was implemented.

• Like 7

BSB and FSB but not large crates?

Large crates hold 300 logs, bsbs hold 200, so for at least one thing large crates are ideal.  Any chance of having consideration for them as well?

BSB and FSB but not large crates?

Large crates hold 300 logs, bsbs hold 200, so for at least one thing large crates are ideal.  Any chance of having consideration for them as well?

All bulk storage containers (including crates).

• Like 3

... there will no longer be a 5% volume reduction on bulk storage bins, crates or food storage bins that are on deed with more than 30 days upkeep, as long as the upkeep is there, the items are there to stay...

\o/

Excellent news! (+1)

On the other hand, I am thinking about MASSIVE increase in decay for deeds with less than 1 month of upkeep left, to make things balanced.

I took this to be a tongue in check reply and to just be a jest and not for real.

If I'm wrong then, no! Just no!

• Like 4

Dealing with the bugged fountain containers has already brought about a great game change i can not wait to see what else they bring in. :)

I think my number one change i would like to see is allowing any animal that is being lead be able to swim but only if being lead. This prevents them from wondering off into the water on their own AI but still allows us to transport any animal that we can tame, charm and dominate to our deeds via waterways. 

• Like 1

Why was Doctorcheese's forum account removed?

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Oh my goodness how happy that BSB change makes me. Aaaaahhhhh!!! Thank you!

I think these are positive changes - though warlander... please no.

Can we also address silly things like "Oh, I'm going to go out hunting, I'll just deposit my smithing tools in my chest for a while" and returning to find 50+ damage on your whetstone and pelt?  Things like this are why fountain containers, storage alts, storage merchants etc exist (magic chests just hold far too little for the cost).  But honestly a tool should never decay that fast. Raw materials I can understand, but mallets, hammers etc already have very little decay in containers.  Currently, the best 'legit' way to store whetstones and pelts is to just drop them on the floor. (I'm sure this affects a number of other things too, but can't recall at the moment).

• Like 3

Changes to BSB and FSB functionality on deed

I wasn't expecting that, very nice!

Awesome... I can feel the frustration leaving already! It's not fun having SB on and building a bridge and can't complete an action because of an underweight brick or mortar that got a decay hit in a container!

Thanks!

Q

• Like 1

what about creates?  they act like bsb

Warlander said a few posts up that it was for all bulk storage so yes crates too

@Retrograde - I want to say that you are doing a great job and have handled yourself professionally during a tense week with the community. I like to think I'm part of the silent majority of people that feel this way. Working to improve communication between Code Club and the players is *always* going to improve the game and Customer satisfaction. Keep up the continuous improvements!

• Like 1

• Like 1

Careful if you also allow fish in FSBs half of people might just retire from the forums altogether

• Like 4

funny how you balance combat related things that no one knew until the source code was released and still haven't been put into practice (cauldrons of boiling water) but the only change that SotG gets is a GUI update

funny how you balance combat related things that no one knew until the source code was released and still haven't been put into practice (cauldrons of boiling water) but the only change that SotG gets is a GUI update

Well, insta-killing things with water was pretty strong you have to admit

Well, insta-killing things with water was pretty strong you have to admit

• Like 1

So now we get pictures of WU deeds when there are so many beautiful bridges and deeds on WO on the WO forums. And maybe if you are sharing about the linux version you could also share something for the OSX people about how that part is progressing.

Give the WU their own forum and news! This is a mess..

I like the bsb and fsb thing tho :D

Edited by SweetSusie
  • Like 4

so now we are getting screenshoots of the week from private servers where people can litterary spawn in stuff....?

*facepalm*

• Like 8