Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

News #84 Ch-ch-ch-changes

Header84.png

Hello Everybody,

Retrograde here with this weeks news. It's been a crazy week here in the Public Relations Community Relations room, with several big changes coming, but more on those shortly, first, the patch notes!

November 5, 2015
  • The legacy fountains inside smaller containers have been changed a bit. Their function is exactly the same as before in most respects but are named “unstable source riftâ€. These rifts will disappear in a bit more than a year from now. When they disappear any items inside will either end up in the container they are in at that time or outside on the ground if they don’t fit.
  • Rifts are made from magic and not from stone, so they can not be improved.
  • We will add features that compensate for the loss of most or all of the functionality that these provide up until then.
November 2, 2015
  • ‘/tinvite <player>’ command has been added. This command lets you invite a player to your team. The player who is being invited must have /invitations turned on.
  • Using archery target will no longer give double event messages.
  • The ‘Shield of the Gone’ status icon will now appear properly, like the other meditation passive status icons.
  • The /stuck command can no longer be used in combat
  • Throwing hot liquids was balanced
  • Zombie milk was balanced

Changes in staff

The week ends with the departure of our PRO Docterchese, as well as our PRA and former PRO Wossoo, they will be both sadly missed.
On a brighter note, Keenan, our Assistant Wurmpedia Manager has joined on as a developer, we look forward to his input in the game!

Changing of PR team

With the changes this week to the PR team we find ourselves able to make an important change in name as well as focus, from public relations and typical PR work to Community Relations, with a focus on improving communication with you all as well as engaging on social media and ingame too, so keep your eyes peeled for us in chats! For more information and to ask any questions check out the main thread here.We will most likely be changing how we present the news, but until we work out the format and how that will work we will be continuing this format as normal.(*May or may not include more Bowie references)

Wurm Unlimited

Work continues on Wurm Unlimited with the focus currently being releasing it in Linux, In the meantime players are already hard at work making their own mods, including one with a zebra! We peaked with nearly 2,000 simultaneous players this week, so It's amazing to see just how big this can get, be sure to leave your review too!

Changes to BSB and FSB functionality on deed

In line with our discussion last week about The removal of fountain containers, we're pleased to announce that from the next update, there will no longer be a 5% volume reduction on bulk storage bins, crates or food storage bins that are on deed with more than 30 days upkeep, as long as the upkeep is there, the items are there to stay. The containers themselves will decay as normal, so make sure you keep an eye on that!

We cap off a big week of changes with the inclusion of an amazing Wurm Unlimited deed by Illuminatus on IRC, he's working hard to create a whole city filled with NPC's. We have an irc channel dedicated to Wurm Unlimited and just what is capable in it, be sure to check out #wurmunlimited if you're looking for inspiration.

Screenshot84.jpg

• Like 12

ahh nice change on the bsb and fsb great news for everyone :)

• Like 8

[...]so It's amazing to see just how big this can get, be sure to leave your review too![...]

Hm yes, that is what she said.
  • Like 1

Keenan way to go bud!!!!  Now bring the  farm sounds back with a on/off i wanna hear my cows go MOO! haha. Congrats and awsome changes for bsb/fsb's  Though this means ill end up with millions of items before too long mwhahaha!

Fill all BSB's! :)

On the other hand, I am thinking about MASSIVE increase in decay for deeds with less than 1 month of upkeep left, to make things balanced.

• Like 3

Fill all BSB's! :)

On the other hand, I am thinking about MASSIVE increase in decay for deeds with less than 1 month of upkeep left, to make things balanced.

That is fine but maybe have it like less then 20days so we can have a little grace time to pay if we forget? I do keep mine paid for 60 days when i add more money but it can get down close to the 30day mark before i renew them each month back to the 60days. (maybe i need to up it to 90 days, lol) 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Given the picture in the OP, Wurm, you might want to remove the one bin per a tile limitation.

Edited by joedobo

Given the picture in the OP, Wurm, you might want to remove the one bin per a tile limitation.

So sad to see DocterChese and Wossoo leave us. Congrats to Keenan on joining the team. That's definitely a nice update about food storage and bulk storage bins!

Edited by Araninke
  • Like 1

First off, Grats Keenan!

The bsb change is AWESOME!!!!!  THANK YOU!!!!  I have been begging for this!   Now if we can just convince the powers that be that PAID UPKEEP SHOULD PREVENT DECAY on deed, that would just be IT!!!!!

• Like 2

Nah already played that forever, pretty bad

How different would WU be if it was managed by the same people?

deeds with under 30 days decay shouldn't get decay bonuses, maybe something like 10 or so, because certain deeds on pvp servers aren't permanent and more of a frontline place and it's just a rule of law to not put massive amounts of upkeep in them, but there should be some sort of mark where decay is increased a lot for sure

• Like 2

How different would WU be if it was managed by the same people?

Theyd be fresh servers, with fresh characters, with fresh deeds. All that matters to me, is something different. Same old gets boring fast

Massive decay on deeds with less than 30 days may potentially upset a lot of people if they have a small gap going below the 30 days and lose a lot of their stuff. Keep in mind too that you have a lot of free to play newcomers here trying the game out and having them taking MASSIVE losses of stored items in their undeeded houses may sour their taste for being future subscribers; and it would be unfair to those of us that do deed to only apply the loss to deeds below 30 and not to undeeded places to avoid possibly alienating the newbies. Also anyone that likes to salvage deeds that are abandoned and decaying slowly on walls due to being under 30 days would most likely find nothing at all if item decay is massively accelerated even before deed drops, and then they usually have to wait even longer for the walls to break unless they were really poorly made. A better compromise might be to resume the 5% loss if under 30 days to discourage not keeping deeds paid up, and a higher but still feasible decay if undeeded. I do support some form of accelerated loss to keep item stockpiles and data storage at a reasonable level if there is no ongoing decay for most people;  but IMO we would be better off with the 5% continuous decay system than going to any extreme/massive decay level at any point. We all want to bring more people into the game, not implement something that may make people leave out of anger and frustration.

• Like 3

I understand upkeep isn't that much for a small deed, but having upkeep in for a month is still upkeep. It shouldn't affect anything until it's gone.

• Like 3