Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

A farewell, and a shift in focus

Hi Everyone,

It is with great regret that we must unfortunately announce the departure of our Public Relation Officer Docterchese, with life, University and the various social requirements it comes with taking up most of her time, she has had to step down to focus on those.  I'd like to thank her personally for the time and effort she put into the role, and would like to wish her the best in her future endeavours.

This does however provide us an opportunity to review how we in the PR team work, and as such we are happy to announce that we are making some pretty big changes in how we operate.

Instead of being known as the Public Relations team, we will now be known as the Community Relations team, emphasising a focus on you, our players.

Leading this team will be myself as well as Relog, with a focus on engaging with players via social media, the forums as well as ingame. You can expect to see us, as well as several Community Relations Assistants around to take feedback, discuss various subjects, or getting to know you all at ingame events held by the community.

This is quite a big change, and some of these changes may take some time to become effective, If you have any questions, feel free to ask and we'll do our best to answer them.

We're looking forward to what these changes can bring and we are sure you are too.

Edit: I'm embarassed to admit that I did also neglect to mention Wossoo stepping down as PRA too, He has been instrumental to both the game and the PR team throughout his almost ten(!) years of playing Wurm. A friend, boss and mentor to many people in his time, his actions have left their mark in Wurm, He will be missed.

Kind Regards,

Retrograde & Relog

• Like 14

Doctorchese isn't a guy O.O

Plot twist. Though she was a guy the whole time XD

• Like 3

I hope to see grand new leaps forward in PR, such as devs actually telling the PR team what they're planning!

• Like 1

I seem to remember a picture of a woman so i wasnt surprised.. maybe in the "what do you look like" section or maybe the avatar.. Idk.. Anyway...

Take care!

Edited by SweetSusie

there is an inerview with cheese somewhere on the forums. just read it ;)

Thank you for everything Docterchese and take care!

To Retro, I really do believe he is a peacekeeper, several months ago I was very upset with the game and I went to him with questions/concerns and I was just really mad, staff-bashing really and he never once gave up on me. Any once else probably wouldn't have the patience to put up with my attitude at that time but he did and answered all my questions the best that he could and i'm grateful to him for that. 

Thanks for the news each week and glad to see there is more community to staff involvement.

• Like 1

She will be missed!

So what will be done to replace the "public" piece? Maybe hire a marketing company?

Edit: The above comment was in no way intended to be a snide remark, but a serious question on how we proceed with our public outreach.

Edited by Wurmhole

Thank-you for the kind words :)

Sadly I'm just too busy IRL, and I felt that although it's a bit sudden, I'd rather hand PR over to someone with the time to do it than try to hang and make the transition smoother (but hurt PR in the meantime becuase omg_physics_degree_argh_i_have_no_time!)

Also, check out my fancy new 1 post forum account! We pressed the wrong button and IP.Board doesn't have an "undo" button either :D (it's currently being fixed at database level, until then, yes, PR was run by a 1 post noob)

Lastly, we finally got Wossoo off of the team (he stepped down at the same time as a PRA, having been the PRO before, stepping down for the same reasons of not having the time IRL.) Wossoo has done a ton of things over the years for Wurm in pretty much everything other than actually coding parts of the game, and also deserves best wishes for the future in his equally as time-consuming IRL endeavors :)

Edited by Docterchese
  • Like 14

I wish you the best of luck and success with your studies. Doc. I know how demanding obtaining a degree in physics and astronomy can be, and it's a wise step to focus on that!

Congratulations on the new task, Retro and Relog - I know it will be a challenge, but you will surely master it! Good luck.

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for all the work Docterchese and Wosso! The biggest grinder in the staff must be the PR positions eating up so many of you :P

Jokes aside, I strongly hope you both still will be around as players and forum members in the future.

R & R, good luck! Have your armor up :)

Ignore the haters, It will take time and I look forward to seeing you step into your new roles.

I hope to see grand new leaps forward in PR, such as devs actually telling the PR team what they're planning!

Hmm... I actually do that. :ph34r:

• Like 2

i still remember first time i met Doc,  tried to make a  shipping buisness on exodus, My oh my has the time flew! Good luck to ya, as for Wossoo , youll be around, your always around, youll never leave wurm, never i say!

• Like 2

I've known doctorchese since she joined wurm online.i believe that was back on ol exodus server. I remember i thaught her a thing or two.might be wrong. Age gets everyone.:))

Anyway take care old man :)) (never knew he is a she until now)

• Like 2

Retrograde, I'm so glad to see you step up and take on the demanding PRO CRO Role. I wouldn't have wanted it to be any other PRA! CRA! As for Doc Cheese, you were always too kind to me and i appreciate that immensely. Thank you for taking the time to be an awesome person, an awesome PRA, and an awesome PRO. 

• Like 1

Hopefully now these roles will be taken up by people who are not volunteers or work/study full time. No offense to Wossoo or Docterchese but they hardly did anything and barely played the game due to the reasons i listed.  

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

That's exactly the problem. Now that WU is live and the game has apparently earned 400k+ it's not acceptable for this game to be run by volunteers. 

Edited by atazs

That's exactly the problem. Now that WU is live and the game has apparently earned 400k+ it's not acceptable for this game to be run by volunteers. 

It's acceptable to me.

• Like 2

I don't think this game would be what it is today if it was not for the countless present and past volunteer developers and staff.  I do see good in having dedicated paid staff but that is not always feasible or even better.

Sometimes having a volunteer with more knowledge about the game is better then someone that is paid that has never even played wurm before they were hired.  

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 6