Sign in to follow this  
Takinshi

The Dragon Dilema

And seeing what kind of mess it was / amount of drama there is i might have to step in again.

Please do!

• Like 1

Please do!

^

I may actually come and help then. Especially since you can likely help me in learning to tank it properly.

• Like 1

See dang it? i'm not the only one!!!! :D

On a serious note, this is why I do NOT provide my help in the slayings.  I was asked last two times now, And the first I flat out didn't want to, the second i was about to head out but noticed in Kchat it seemed they had a tank/group already going for it (Outside of the one I knew about)

I have no issue coming to help on these if they're not crazy 30+ minutes to get too, but when I see arguments over the loot/how to slay/ect start, I don't even plan to head out. this has been going for....2 years? Now, and still nobody has managed a 90-100% working group, that satisfies a majory of the people.  (Aka: So fights/alliance wars/neighbor wars don't break out)

with a 97 FS SOTG character, I could learn to tank these and come help.  I also have 3-4 characters around 70-80 FS, but if tanking I likely wouldn't bring any so I can focus on what i'm doing.  But I'll only come if someone makes a group with good rules on the loot (And no, I don't believe everyone that was near the dragon should get free loot roles.  helping in some way should be a requirement, whether that's fighting / Healing / Searching / ect    If you come just to the dragon, and don't manage to do damage/heal ect, I see no reason you should get a free roll)

Better yet, would be nice if Dragons were completely redesigned on how Loot is handed out, to make it RNG in the people who helped, and each get there own "roll"  if they manage to "roll" high enough, they get a item based on what they roll.  But that may be to much RNG for wurm to handle on that manner.

:o That's an awesome idea about contribution rather than just hanging out. What do you feel would be appropriate for that? Those who assign as heal the take role, group castings and at least one or maybe two hits on the critter?? Also if you do decide to step in Odynn, lemmy shadow you! The drama element is unnecessary and there is likely a way to improve what we currently have to snuff it out. 

Edited by Takinshi

Also something I feel should be clarified, I'm rather detached and seek intellectual content. Analysis, review, observation. Please refrain from misunderstanding this post as a bitching fest or whatnot, 'tis not the point. Unsure if this is the case but i'd rather have a disclaimer before hand. I'm worried about tactless people from everywhere else making a mess in this thread if it ends up popular. -_-'

Lmfao, this might just be PTSD from experience on the epic forums in the past. Please disregard if this is not the case. Haha.

Ah! Another thing I considered while passed out lastnight.. yes I develop ideas in my sleep... lol.. Seeking out people who make an observable contribution to the kingdom chat community from time to time. Noticeably the problematic individuals are people that don't contribute to the family element that we have going on in k-chat. If I do this, I might have to lurk on other servers for awhile if I find a unique on them. I'd like to give to those who make the game a better place for everyone. I would also gladly take from those who do the opposite. ^_^ 

Edited by Takinshi

:o That's an awesome idea about contribution rather than just hanging out. What do you feel would be appropriate for that? Those who assign as heal the take role, group castings and at least one or maybe two hits on the critter?? Also if you do decide to step in Odynn, lemmy shadow you! The drama element is unnecessary and there is likely a way to improve what we currently have to snuff it out. 

On how loot rools are handled.

Personally I preff how I believe how odynn did it, Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these?

70+ Fs required as a fighter, and *if not tank* a 2h weapon at appropriate ql and skill in it, Also requiring hitting the dragon (Don't remember how many times)

Healers (I believe both spells and first aid got this)

assistance (For example, a mag priest casting Stamina)

Searchers (Who looked for the dragon)

I "think?" Who found the dragon, even if not searching. <--- Not Sure if this was a thing or not.

coordinators - Basically the person or people explaining the how everything will go down to people. also the person who will place the deed if need be.

Builders: if they build up what was needed, Ect: Made a mine/altar/building wtv.

and lastly the butcher - Who ever has the highest Butchering skill (and can be trusted...) get a roll.

Now, My personal twist? 

Anyone who's misbehaving not get a roll, even if they did any of the above.  IE: Not listening to the Coordinators, Not standing where they need to be or luring the dragon to a bad spot ect.  A mistake ect is fine, but on purpose / Not listening at all? Yep. good-bye to your chance.

If anyone's just acting bad for the group or just being stupid basically.

Anyone UNDER 70fs, and is fighting, shouldn't be rewarded. even if they hit, they won't be doing much.  Sorry, but that's the truth.  You can help in other ways - A good and easy one is by either bringing supplies or healing. (Which I believe should get a roll)

Also, Though I know this wouldn't be huge, if a Coordinator managed, let's say ten, successful hunts, I believe he should be given one of the good items as a "thank you" for running the group, but hey, that's just my opinion. it's not a fun job doing it, Nor is it easy.  They do it for free, which is great of them.  I personally think should be given something extra as a thank you.

I'm sure I've missed things, but that's what I basically think. If your actually managing to help the group, then I say you should be able to roll.  if your there, and not really aiding in any way, or even messing people up. - You shouldn't.

On the "Time to kill it".... this is a big issue, see spoiler.

I'll try and keep this short.  Basically, everyone thinks people should wait until "they" are on to kill the unique.  Problem is, let's be honest.....That cannot, and will not happen.  While it would be awesome if we could have everyone on, That's not the case.

I really believe, it should be when ever enough people are on to manage it. Whether that be as soon as it spawns, hours down the line, or a day later.  Why? Because we'll never have a good time for everyone. And the longer you wait, the more of a chance of someone else sneaking in and taking it.  Don't risk it. Kill it.

A lot disagree, some believe other servers should be able to come over and fight it (Heck, I'm alright with that) But that's more rolling for one.  That's also, in some cases, un-needed help.  if one or two come, and take part in the kill, that's great.  if 20 do?....well, you may as well say that didn't spawn on Deli.

So, in basic: As soon as it pops, Start telling your friends, Tell deli, try and find it, and if you guys have enough.....Slay it.

• Like 2

:o I really appreciate that Druid. I find that was very well phrased.

I've set 2 5am alarms so far... Goddamn 5 hours of sailing.. T_T On the other hand, it put me in the right place at the right time for the Pristine hunt. 1 day prior notice on the forums doesn't seem unreasonable to me anymore. Either you make it or you don't. 

Regardless, expect me to be trying to invite Deliverance to everything ever. haha. I love our community.

Edited by Takinshi

Crusty?

That's absurd... I'm well past the crusty stage.

Venerable? XD

"And seeing what kind of mess it was / amount of drama there is i might have to step in again."

A most definite yes please.......... 

Taki that font and colour are hideous lol

Edited by TheTashman

I'm glad you think so. ^_^ I've used this font style for approximately 11 years now. Lol. It's wurms forum background that is hideous. Also due to everyone being normalized into calibri 12 that anything other than the norm is atrocious. Along with my obscure personality, you'll get used to it. :3 Tis also a regular psychological phenomenon. Violate any folkway and these are the sanctions you will normally receive. Lol.

Edited by Takinshi

.And seeing what kind of mess it was / amount of drama there is i might have to step in again.

It may not be glamorous, but I'd come to deli to hang out and make a deed with a shack just for a taste of a private hunt lead by you...i know you don't require ppl to live in deli, just contribute...but it would be nice to know some of the people involved and how everything ticks =)

Edited by Rocklobstar
  • Like 1

On how loot rools are handled.

Personally I preff how I believe how odynn did it, Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these?

70+ Fs required as a fighter, and *if not tank* a 2h weapon at appropriate ql and skill in it, Also requiring hitting the dragon (Don't remember how many times)

Healers (I believe both spells and first aid got this)

assistance (For example, a mag priest casting Stamina)

Searchers (Who looked for the dragon)

I "think?" Who found the dragon, even if not searching. <--- Not Sure if this was a thing or not.

coordinators - Basically the person or people explaining the how everything will go down to people. also the person who will place the deed if need be.

Builders: if they build up what was needed, Ect: Made a mine/altar/building wtv.

and lastly the butcher - Who ever has the highest Butchering skill (and can be trusted...) get a roll.

Now, My personal twist? 

Anyone who's misbehaving not get a roll, even if they did any of the above.  IE: Not listening to the Coordinators, Not standing where they need to be or luring the dragon to a bad spot ect.  A mistake ect is fine, but on purpose / Not listening at all? Yep. good-bye to your chance.

If anyone's just acting bad for the group or just being stupid basically.

Anyone UNDER 70fs, and is fighting, shouldn't be rewarded. even if they hit, they won't be doing much.  Sorry, but that's the truth.  You can help in other ways - A good and easy one is by either bringing supplies or healing. (Which I believe should get a roll)

Also, Though I know this wouldn't be huge, if a Coordinator managed, let's say ten, successful hunts, I believe he should be given one of the good items as a "thank you" for running the group, but hey, that's just my opinion. it's not a fun job doing it, Nor is it easy.  They do it for free, which is great of them.  I personally think should be given something extra as a thank you.

I'm sure I've missed things, but that's what I basically think. If your actually managing to help the group, then I say you should be able to roll.  if your there, and not really aiding in any way, or even messing people up. - You shouldn't.

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 7

What you choose to do with a unique you've penned is pretty much up to you.  However, if you enjoy going to other peoples' public hunts, then you should give that some thought - the more you restrict yours and do quick, private kills with nobody else notified, the less likely others are to make theirs public.  Public fights are a bit painful, due to the lag from all those folks in local, but they're also a chance for folks to mingle.  For more people to get some of the by-products - everyone gets a blood, and some of them are quite useful; newbies get something worth a few silver they can sell, vets get more chances to buy the pots they need (a full imbue can take 8 - 12 potions).  For dragons, there are any number of people who would love to make the newer colours of armour - see the group that silently and swiftly killed the only blue dragon to spawn on Freedom so far, making sure that no scale scraps leaked out.

The bottom line is that lots of people like going to public hunts (see the response to the Release goblin if you don't believe that), but the more folks make their hunts private, or private loot, the less likely others are to open their slayings (or loot) to folks outside their village / alliance / server / friends group.

During the wurm 1.0 release Rolf acknowledged that penning was not intended and was to be fixed. Condoning an exploit by the dev team is frustrating to hear. PENNING HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE ROOT CAUSE OF PRIVATE HUNTS. The mentality is kill it quickly or risk having some boob pen it for personal gain.

Deli has always fought hard to involve the Deli community and Odynn has been the best at this. Rotten eggs will always be a problem but until the looting system is changed we cant help it. The important thing to remember is not everyone will get the best items so don't blame the organizer for not being fair blame game mechanics.

• Like 1

Twice now uniques have spawned inside my house, so I guess I was the "finder," but what's hardest about this is trying to run around and make sure access to the deed is handled. I didn't realize people couldn't cast Heal and other wizardly spells, so it was a good thing it was only a hatchling.

• Like 1

Twice now uniques have spawned inside my house, so I guess I was the "finder," but what's hardest about this is trying to run around and make sure access to the deed is handled. I didn't realize people couldn't cast Heal and other wizardly spells, so it was a good thing it was only a hatchling.

blame the new permission, need to double check all of them when a unique is now involved, including meditation power / sorcery spells / deity spells

• Like 1

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 1

blame the new permission, need to double check all of them when a unique is now involved, including meditation power / sorcery spells / deity spells

• Like 1

in short, yes, don't keep them  open for everyone since it can be used to target / killed creature on deed.

Though, if it's needed you may have to open them.

Meditation powers are enchanted grass, lava tiles (or freezing them) and the like. To add if needed.

Deity spells are all spells casted by priests, some can be harmfull to your animals, as well as interesting : genesis, humid drizzle for example. Once again, to add if needed.

Sorcery spells have no interest in the day-to-day life on pve servers, doesn't matter much for you (or me :D).

In case of a unique, all of them are interesting : Refresh (path of love) on the tank, Light of Fo / Mass Stamina from the priests (and others healing spells)... As well as the impressive sorcery spells, continuum on the tank, and all the damages / debuff ones on the mob.

Can be a pita to manage on an already made deed with a bunch of peeps (and lag) in local and a dragon chewing on your leg though. :P

Nota from experience : get the darn settings right before everyone is trying to hit the dragon... and you can't log the deed owner... dixit the public black one :D

• Like 1

in short, yes, don't keep them  open for everyone since it can be used to target / killed creature on deed.

Though, if it's needed you may have to open them.

Meditation powers are enchanted grass, lava tiles (or freezing them) and the like. To add if needed.

Deity spells are all spells casted by priests, some can be harmfull to your animals, as well as interesting : genesis, humid drizzle for example. Once again, to add if needed.

Sorcery spells have no interest in the day-to-day life on pve servers, doesn't matter much for you (or me :D).

In case of a unique, all of them are interesting : Refresh (path of love) on the tank, Light of Fo / Mass Stamina from the priests (and others healing spells)... As well as the impressive sorcery spells, continuum on the tank, and all the damages / debuff ones on the mob.

Can be a pita to manage on an already made deed with a bunch of peeps (and lag) in local and a dragon chewing on your leg though. :P

Nota from experience : get the darn settings right before everyone is trying to hit the dragon... and you can't log the deed owner... dixit the public black one :D

• Like 1

It seems this comes down to the same thing all the time , items for real money.

Simple if you dont like what is happening , then dont buy the items.

This has been going on for years and still will until Wurm is closed.

Best to play the game and ignore what others are doing , or you will drive yourself nuts thinking about what ifs and buts.

• Like 1

It seems this comes down to the same thing all the time , items for real money.

Simple if you dont like what is happening , then dont buy the items.

This has been going on for years and still will until Wurm is closed.

Best to play the game and ignore what others are doing , or you will drive yourself nuts thinking about what ifs and buts.

Edited by Takinshi

I am proud to say that Pristine's kills have all been public, we have resisted to urge to follow the example of others to keep the kills local or even within a select group.

I don't understand the pride in letting the public kill a unique for the benefit of a small group to share the valuable bone (25s+) and tome (75-350s+).   The real pride is in the people who share the bone/tome with the public, like Lisabet and very few others I'm probably missing.  They are the real heroes in the game when it comes to unique fights, due to their selfless acts and personal sacrifice.

Pristine "Public" fights:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/126750-forest-giant-pristine-woodcutting-pots/

*Im going to be greedy and if a tome drops i will use 1 charge myself and the rest will be up for rolling*

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/114788-pristine-tk-slaying-private-loot/

We've decided to keep the loot within the group of people that have searched.

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 3

Oh god! Who was talkin ###### about our search map!?

iuhyBQt.png

Lol yeah. As far as I am aware, Deli uniques are spur of the moment but everyone involved is rewarded in some way. Jesus, I've experienced how grueling it is to search for 6+ hours straight, but nabbing all of the loot into the search team is pretty shitty. I like how the search team gets valrei rolls with deli. We just have to take precaution to exploitation to get on the roll list. I know if I spent forever searching, get fed up after covering a quarter of the map that if I miss out on the kill, I'm still being considered for my efforts. 

Edited by Takinshi