Sign in to follow this  
Sila

negative feedback from steam

when i see that:   Positive (261)  Negative (57)  on steam wurm unlimited i m a bit worried...  

reviews are realy bad at some points. devs and rolf should take em realy serius

just few of them:

icon_thumbsDown_v6.png
1.1 hrs on record
Posted: 22 October
Litterally a trash game overall. Bulky UI, little to no tutorial, and it makes no ♥♥♥♥ing sense. Please do not buy this game, Thank god gaben can spare my money with a refund.

icon_thumbsDown_v6.png
1.1 hrs on record
Posted: 22 October
Looks horrible. Seriously, it being a mmo being played today that looks like this makes me wonder who actually played this game. Blind people?

The interface is the absolute worst I have encountered ever. I can't believe this was the best interface they could come up with. You would have to work really hard to choose all the worst methods to do things to arrive at this system.

The private servers function that differentiates this from the mmo doesn't work well. I could get it to actually launch 2 times out of 14. 

icon_thumbsDown_v6.png
4.5 hrs on record
Posted: 25 October
I would NOT recemend this game to my worst emeny as it sucks that bad I can not find words to describe it it is that BAD

icon_thumbsDown_v6.png
0.4 hrs on record
Posted: 23 October
Game is extremely buggy. All moving animations are bugged. Is not ready for full release. Do not buy.

icon_thumbsDown_v6.png
0.6 hrs on record
Posted: 21 October
I bought this game because it looked really cool from the videos and the reviews.

Let me tell you. There is a lot to this game. There are tons of things you can do but it is NOT noobie friendly at all. It looks and feels like a game made in 1998. It took me about 20 minutes to set up my personal server (which was pretty fun, as far as setting up utilities goes) and when I booted up the game I was interested. Half an hour into it I lost all interest and feel almost as though the videos and other reviews are incredibly misleading.
icon_thumbsDown_v6.png
0.5 hrs on record
Posted: 25 October
REFUNDED

.The combat is awful. took 5 minutes to kill a horse with a sword. I am not playing a game where you can only kill 12 horses per hour.

.The UI is terrible 

.it looks like it was made in the 80's

not worth 20 quid
Edited by Sila

I actually noticed the large amounts of negative reviews as well.

Then I noticed all of them have about an hour or less of gameplay. Don't take them too seriously.

• Like 1

Those look like average negative reviews for pretty much anything on Steam.

• Like 3

most reviews are made from players who buy alot of games from steam already some even 700 + games.  And if someone who try and play that many games know what he talk about.

and we never get good feedbacks in wurm before.... now you got them from ppl who never try WO,   i just hope that will change minds of devs and start working on game already

Edited by Sila

I actually noticed the large amounts of negative reviews as well.

Then I noticed all of them have about an hour or less of gameplay. Don't take them too seriously.

• Like 8

From what I understand, you have to ask for a refund with only a few hours of gameplay.  So if they don't like it, I imagine they are getting a refund while they can.  

From what I understand, you have to ask for a refund with only a few hours of gameplay.  So if they don't like it, I imagine they are getting a refund while they can.  

Most of them i seen was because of user error like not being able to get their server up and running or that it is not newbie friendly. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

could care less posting this isnt helping really other than making more negative crap.

Most of them i seen was because of user error like not being able to get their server up and running or that it is not newbie friendly. 

• Like 6

Well i just do refound via steam for wu and i get it back with tax 4,5€

Edited by Uberknot

@Aeris If most of the players can get a server going and only a few can't then i would call that user error and i have not had any trouble with crashes at all.

Edit: Well no troubles other then getting my custom map going but that is not CC fault for me not understanding how to run an unsupported custom map.

Edited by Kegan

If most of the players can get a server going and only a few can't then i would call that user error and i have not had any trouble with crashes at all. 

Edited by Uberknot
  • Like 1

well yes i do refound and i dont see nothing wrong with that if game is not worth that money in this stage,,, when its gets better i would buy it again

if ever... 

Edited by Sila

well yes i do refound and i dont see nothing wrong with that if game is not worth that money in this stage,,, when its gets better i would buy it again

if ever... 

if ever... 

@Aeris If most of the players can get a server going and only a few can't then i would call that user error and i have not had any trouble with crashes at all.

icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
60.9 hrs on record

Posted: November 2
This game proves you don't need fancy graphics to make an addicting game, that's full of creativity and keeps you going. Today's Sandbox survival games get to the point where you are bored. This game: you don't get bored. You rage hard, but you play to beat the challenge. Even from initial start point, you are basically under pressure to survive. Granted new servers will have starter areas, but beyond those walls you are at the bottom of the food chain. 

By Bottom of the Food chain, I mean the fantasy creatures in this game: Large spiders, ugly trolls and hell hounds are always present when you feel safe. You need to beat the odds of even making it to a decent location: Hills, Swamps, Dense forests etc. 

THIS GAME IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. This game places you in such a bad position, you need to think and act strategically to stay alive. If you do die, you suffer for it: You lose skill points. 

I recommend this game based on it's challenge and complexity. No other game compares to it.

242ca3c2fd75b984687884ea8af2ca156704636e

231 products in account

7 of 10 people (70%) found this review helpful
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
102.0 hrs on record

Posted: November 1
I was totally new to Wurm and I decided to try it on a whim. After a bit of getting used to it I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I have spent on it. 

There are some good guides up to help new people and a wiki if you find yourself at a total loss.

If you don't want to play in a world with other people you can make the equivalent of a solo world using the "manage server" option and create your own little slice of peace.

The graphics aren't the best in the world, but graphics are by no means the way to define this game.

I hope this tiny review helps people on the fence to decide, there are much more complete reviews out there, but let's hope this helps tip the balance.

5933c43d2140a71814dd88b17854b083052a4ac9

175 products in account

5 of 7 people (71%) found this review helpful
1 person found this review funny
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
130.8 hrs on record

Posted: October 30
If you have played Wurm Online, you know what this is. It is just a tad faster, just fast enough for you to keep playing, and slow enough for your projects to feel worthwhile.

Pros:
It has a nice crafting system
Large world
Can build alot of stuff
Exploring can be quite interesting
Taming

Cons:
Kinda slow
Can be boring if you don't like tedious work
Combat is...quite boring (I'm ok with it)
Stuff takes a long time to do (nothing compared to the original though)
Sounds are repetitive and sometimes way too loud...like that bird crawling into my ear and starts singing
Music often does not fit, the music that does is quite nice though
NPCs talk to eachother, picking out words in sentances and constructing new sentances...that can be...annoying, and interesting at the same time

Neutral:
Graphics are dated, but kind of nice
Can't think of anything else

My recommendation is to buy and play the game. Or better, play Wurm Online for a while. If you find it interesting but too slow, buy wurm unlimited. Look at Wurm Online as the hardcore trial for Wurm Unlimited.

6a0ea1a4a7867294c88e46170b40a379aee5efa2

367 products in account

11 of 15 people (73%) found this review helpful
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
44.9 hrs on record

Posted: November 3
One of the few sandbox games on steam that are complete and really fun to play. Forget the early access trash, come play some WU.

0b7385fef71cd8770bed595c10477982bb9d0338

170 products in account

6 of 9 people (67%) found this review helpful
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
37.0 hrs on record

If you like Minecraft mixed with Rust and survival, i gess you will love this, things takes time and you really feel the enjoyment of creating stuff. i love it, just what i was looking for.

22a54c37cce749e7f7426cda86480165c80c2e80

39 products in account

8 of 12 people (67%) found this review helpful
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
35.2 hrs on record

Posted: October 31
I have been playing Wurm Online off and on for a few years now. I believe this game is one of the most in depth sandbox survival games there is and perhaps ever will be. Wurm may not have the most up to date graphics but for what it lack in graphics it makes up for in depth. This game is for people who are looking for a more in depth game experience, chopping a tree may take a few strikes with your axe and therefore take a moment to cut down but the game was shooting for more realism in that aspect and because of the time it takes to actually build things and gather the resources required to build things it makes it far more rewarding when you have completed building something. There are a bunch of people out there that need that instant gratification as in Minecraft, and yes I love Minecraft as well but this game gives you a more rewarding feel than that instant gratification. I have played some of the other survival games here on steam and none of them really compare to this one. 

- For those of you that say the Servers do not work I haven’t had one single issue with this at all.
- I like this version as it is a breath of fresh air to try to impose new game rules for servers than the ones we have all grown used to
- If you love a challenge this is the game for you and you will be rewarded
- If you are looking for instant gratification then just don’t get this game 
- There is a wurmpedia online that will help with many details about the game if you are stuck in anyway.
- All in all so far I have not ran into any issues to speak of.
- And most importantly this is a great game and a completed game unlike many games on Steam
- If you are willing to give the game a little bit of your time you will find that it will draw you in.
- **** NEWB Alert ----- Only NEWBS may have posted bad comments here......

8ff9c6b3abd3d2accab85ee96f3883a5e9ff903b

66 products in account

2 of 2 people (100%) found this review helpful
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
67.4 hrs on record

Posted: November 4
2 Big Thumbs Up Still !!!! so enjoying this game.. Want To Thank all the people who made it possible to play wurm unlimited!! you all have done a great job!!!

ddf66f38f75e4c3bab36b8c7eb8cbc28c480b6d2

9 products in account

icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
130.8 hrs on record

Love the game... just like the MMO version without the subscription. Still having an issue getting a local standalone server to run.

08672c40f93af27bf595fb8ec0fbe45ac1b8f382

63 products in account

5 of 7 people (71%) found this review helpful
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
72.7 hrs on record

The complexity of the crafting system and game mechanics in general are everything the reviews tell you- prepare for a steep learning curve. It personally took me 3 days just to understand the basics(though I did this casually). 

But If you can get passed the dated graphics, awkward UI(this is subjective), and steep learning curve(not subjective lol), you will discover a game where you... watch a progress bar half the time. Yet it is strangely addicting, immersive and even fun. I guess it is very peaceful, just minding yourself in the woods, building your little hut or digging to find that damn iron vein, while the ambient sounds of the enviroment immerse you in the world of Wurm.

The freedom the game gives you is unparalleled in my gaming experience. And I can say the same for the complexity and sheer variety of the crafting system. All this just adds to the immersion. Wurm is a harsh a tedious world, but that just makes the pay off that much more rewarding- I've never been so happy to complete a virtual 1x1 little wooden hut.

8.5/10(disregarding the dated graphics and UI because the game is over 10 years old, but 7/10 for those who really care about that)

8439b542d01cef46ec1acd854db1754a91d05bf3

18 products in account

6 of 9 people (67%) found this review helpful
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
40.1 hrs on record

This is pretty much as close as a "pocket MMO" as you'll ever get in my opinion. I'm not sure what made the wurm developpers decide that releasing their server code was a good idea, but still.

This is essentially the most complete player driven sandbox game to ever come out since ultima online.
This is what inspired Life is Feudal (it's painfully obvious) with the difference that wurm is feature complete and not in early access.

Now if only there was less people running servers and more actually playing on public servers it would be even better.

d52a5a4bf0588154f3d983bf0149cb20624c2148

328 products in account

icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
67.7 hrs on record

All the content of wurm, but you can speed up all the actions to make things achievable within weeks and not years.

c91390366a75a42924082553b63bc29022af664f

569 products in account

icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
44.4 hrs on record

Posted: November 5
Give this game a chance!
At first glance it looks outdated and lame. Now im totally hooked

6e0fba8ff7d0eaadbf51669475dba06d7210f3a9

92 products in account

3 of 4 people (75%) found this review helpful
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
22.8 hrs on record

20 Hours in and still going, so I guess that's a good sign.

If you're like me, you've always been interested in Wurm Online but never got into it because of the excessive grindyness and extremely slow pace. Wurm Unlimited allows the hosting of private servers, meaning skill values, action timers, and skillup rates can all be adjusted. With the addition of mod support, which is still in it's early stages at this point, the game could finally get to a point where I'd actually find it fun.

If you're unsure about buying this game, don't. Try the free MMO version, Wurm Online, first. It will give you an idea of how the basic game plays. From there you can easily figure what kind of changes you'd like to see in a server of your own in Wurm Unlimited.

f4fc2b96c262635c1a0f35b71b9e377542a8f729

232 products in account

icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
160.3 hrs on record

Posted: November 3
A true sandbox experience, with nothing to stop the player from creating whatever they choose. It can be sometimes annoying to learn the ins and outs if you are playing solo or with a few newbie friends since you cannot just ask your question into chat, so be prepared for possible growing pains early in the learning curve. The Steam forums will provide the answers you need if you become confused about how to proceed or what to do. If you enjoy building / crafting games in general, this is likely to be a good title for you. It seems well-optimized and does not require a top of the line computer to max out the graphics settings, allowing you to play in a visually satisfying world.

The game ships with 2 separate modes, creative and adventure. Creative is a blank canvas of a world, and Adventure has a storyline with Kingdoms and NPCs established around you. You can create your own server and password protect it so that only your invited friends can play with you, or you can join another player's server if you prefer. You have full control over the settings that determine the percentage of aggresive creatures in your world, or the timer for how long your crops take to mature, as well as GM abilities to modify or create objects.

Unlike the online version with its monthly fee, it is a good title for those who have demanding schedules or varied interests, since you own the product and can return to it at will. It is said that the further development of the game will follow the development of the online version, so that updates and patches will become available.

Building / crafting games are, by their very definition, a lot of work to make all the creations that you want. If you understand that at the start, then this is a rewarding title with much satisfaction to be gained from it.

dc9483ca2d97683018599f657be9024f1fe5481f

35 products in account

1 person found this review funny
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
30.6 hrs on record

Like Wurm Online but I can cheat using GM tools and do whatever I want. A true sandbox mode for Wurm. I hear you can play the game normally too.

f91787b7fb6d4a2cb8dee079ab457839b33a8845

212 products in account

2 of 3 people (67%) found this review helpful
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
17.4 hrs on record

Amazing

d57b5d6d22715d64a96fbc640e6259378da832cc

76 products in account

icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
70.9 hrs on record

its wurm for one payment

5a75992554230a529aa4bb4b99c810582c61d1ca

87 products in account

icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
1.8 hrs on record

Based on my extensive playtime in Wurm Online and messing around with Wurm Unlimited:

It is everything I had always hoped for in Wurm. My own server, the ability to modify the skill gain and time it takes to complete an action, and the promise of modding. 

If you have ever heard of Wurm Online and thought it sounded cool but just too hardcore for you, now is the time to get in.

8daa0f7fa17da0c2e2f3c44e4a3d828fb3809a8e

341 products in account

icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
42.1 hrs on record

I have been playing Wurm for years. It is so unique and majestically. It is so satisfying being able to start with nothing and create your own world. This game you literally live off the land. It is the most rewarding game I have ever owned. The best MMO and the ultimate Survival game. You will be sucked in and fall in love; I will not be able to play anything else off my library now that Wurm is on steam with no subscriptions.... This is a MUST BUY!

2c1f7abbd075dfb419b9d82fec788a54dd2a73c1

264 products in account

icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
76.1 hrs on record

After having played Wurm Online for only a short time, in 2011, I caught a look at the world, it was full and developed for pretty much most of the land. I get on Wurm Unlimited now, and rarely ever see a stranger in the all chat, so I'm pretty much alone with buddies, if they're even on, just making whatever we want. Some of us are taking a grindfilled route, one is just a hippy picking mushrooms all day. It's just a fun game no matter what you do in it, you just have to familiarize yourself with the engine.

b7c591d59f20a5d1e55379253916da0c366b2cfe

221 products in account

3 of 5 people (60%) found this review helpful
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
24.7 hrs on record

Played wurm before unlimted came out and loved it, and got unlimited and I fell even more in love with it.

d85e498c2a27b3a3c846900417d6fde40d6a823d

28 products in account

2 of 4 people (50%) found this review helpful
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
0.1 hrs on record

Too many options, too much to explore, too confused and delighted...will post more later.

275e9e5fad5e483b1aea67f279035e8b0d9f8180

974 products in account

2 of 4 people (50%) found this review helpful
icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
20.1 hrs on record

Good if you have alot of patience and like sandboxes

fef49e7fa7e1997310d705b2a6158ff8dc1cdfeb

7 products in account

icon_thumbsUp.png?v=1
Recommended
76.1 hrs on record

After having played Wurm Online for only a short time, in 2011, I caught a look at the world, it was full and developed for pretty much most of the land. I get on Wurm Unlimited now, and rarely ever see a stranger in the all chat, so I'm pretty much alone with buddies, if they're even on, just making whatever we want. Some of us are taking a grindfilled route, one is just a hippy picking mushrooms all day. It's just a fun game no matter what you do in it, you just have to familiarize yourself with the engine.

b7c591d59f20a5d1e55379253916da0c366b2cfe

221 products in account

• Like 1

nah, if you cant get the server running youre either dumb, or having isp/router/firewall probs, which will happen in any game where you set up your own servers

dont get me wrong though, i completely understand the negative reviews lol

Rest assured we are reading all reviews, positive and negative.

While some users may simply find wurm not for them, we are making sure all feedback is gathered for future improvements.

• Like 4

You conveniently forget the most important part here though:

Most players come from Wurm Online originally, they're not regular Steam users. That's the way it's going to stay too if their problems with WU are pushed aside as "user errors".

There was what 14k people that have bought WU according to that site linked in another post and 56 of them have given it a bad review?   I don't think there is anything to worry about myself. Could there be room for improvement..sure but all in all i think it will be fine and i am sure they are working out the problems people are having anyway. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

There was what 14k people that have bought WU according to that site linked in another post and 56 of them have given it a bad review?   I don't think there is anything to worry about myself. Could there be room for improvement..sure but all in all i think it will be fine and i am sure they are working out the problems people are having anyway. 

yeah only like .04%

261 positive reviews, 58 negative. That's not "nothing to worry about", seriously. Do the math.

Edit: I'm glad to see that the dev team is taking this issue far more seriously than the players are though.

Edited by Aeris

No need arguing over it if you want to worry about the reviews then i guess that is your option but for me it means nothing. 

Looks like MR couldn't handle making a WU server....so they all "refounded". lmao rocky....!  :D

Or they just mad people leaving to make their own game happen....either way comon guys.

Edited by Uberknot