Sign in to follow this  
Glycian

[WIP] Adjustable Leveling and Flattening Times

I'm working to get this in the correct format to work with the mod loader, but I thought I'd go ahead and share how to make these modifications now.  I'm not including a working jar for now so you'll have make these changes and compile yourselves.

File: server/behaviors/flattening.java

1. The first part is to adjust how often the level/flatten action will tick (this is not the timer time, but how often you "get" or "move" dirt). 

Line 172:

if ((act.currentSecond() % 10 == 0 && act.getNumber() == 150) || (act.currentSecond() % 5 == 0 && act.getNumber() != 150) || insta || counter == 1.0f) {

Action 150 is flatten.   You can adjust the 10 and the 5 after the modulus to change your flatten and level times accordingly (these are in seconds and get multiplied out to action times later on).

2. The second part is to change the length of the timer itself to correspond to your action tick times 

Lines 256-258:

int tickTimes = 5;
if (act.getNumber() == 150) {
tickTimes = 10;
}

Same thing as above.  The 10 and 5 will get used to determine the timer time when flattening and leveling.(e.g. if you change time above to 2 sec and 5 actions are needed to finish, timer would be 10 to match the time from step 1) 

Also, on line 285 you can adjust the minimum timer time (100.0 deciseconds or 10.0 seconds by default)

I haven't tested how this impacts leveling or flattening special tiles (clay, peat, etc)

This really should be considered a WU bug IMO but I guess they are relying on the community to debug WU.  It was nonsense than terraforming was taking as long in WU as WO.

This really should be considered a WU bug IMO but I guess they are relying on the community to debug WU. It was nonsense than terraforming was taking as long in WU as WO.

What i am thinking is just use the WU action timer scalar without using any new variables so that everything remains proportional and less complicated to use.  So if I am 5x action timers then I perform 5x the actions on level/flatten and each action is 5x faster.

Edited by yarnevk
  • Like 1

Is it possible to  replace the level/flatten times  for your actual dig time (per unit of dirt)?

I'm not sure why these commands were an arbitrary time in the first place, instead of tied to your dig skill

Because before the features was added to WO if you had written a macro to do it you would have gotten banned.  So they made it a slow timer to try to quell those saying it was turning WO into a bunch of bots that would be flattening and levelling the map out of existance.   Yes it should always have been tied to equivalent number of dig actions so that it was just saving you from having to figure out how to do the actions.  Then it would have automatically sped up in WU with dig timer speed ups.

Edited by yarnevk

What i am thinking is just use the WU action timer scalar without using any new variables so that everything remains proportional and less complicated to use.  So if I am 5x action timers then I perform 5x the actions on level/flatten and each action is 5x faster.

Heck other skills such as praying, meditating, should be linked the same way. 

Any chance someone could give this the ago's modloader treatment?  even just having the basic static 'variable' times on the single code line from the OP would be tons better than it currently is with vanilla, and hopefully isn't complicated to do

I've tried adjusting these settings and can't get it to actually speed up the flattening times.  Not sure if I'm doing it correctly or not though.