Sign in to follow this  
Dadadah

Settings profiles, where did they go?

I wanted to make settings profiles for running accounts while I'm afk to run at a lower intesity, we used to be able to do this w/ wurm online but WU doesn't allow it.

I have gone and created two seperate directories in the config folder and attempted to set the settings differently, but the options are saved and loaded only from the default folder, no matter what profile  have selected.

Yup, I made a "default" and a "notdefault" and even though the Launcher pretends you can switch back and forth, they always end up being the same

I like very much having a "pretty" setting and a "low resource" setting so I am disspppointed that it is not working. I assume it is not working right else why even have a dropdown if there is supposed to be only ONE saved setting.

There is a config.txt in the folder. When copied and renamed the folder to your characters name, open it and put your characters name, (should be default already in there).. SAVE.

Never mind, though this about keyboard config etc...

Edited by bigsteve

Can't even make new profiles from within the launcher, I hope this is going to be addressed soon, and not only in 6 years from now :P

This is still borked and it's really annoying. Bump!

Is this still broken? (Looks like it is, but maybe I'm missing something) 

Most likely yes, hhhhuuuu.

Though i think my previous post might work for profiles as well as configs.

Tonight ill see if it works.

open the ./WurmLauncher/PlayerFiles/Players/<charactername>/config.txt and change default with your characters name, now if you want, copy all your windows_XxY.txt files to this folder, i used all the ones for each character from my WO instillation.

Edited by bigsteve