Sign in to follow this  
Miretta

Riverland 2048x

might be not as rivery as some other maps, but I created it with help of the new river tool and photoshop, thus it has some kind of ravines between some mountains

mapsize is 2048x

the water height is 300

max height is 4000

download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcd49bksl8x7ptd/Riverlands4.zip?dl=0

LjepMGa.png

Topo:

pUiZimv.png

Screenshots:

kajfweb.jpg

UlwWNL3.jpg

ZtD0h8X.jpg

BSdBuo6.jpg

w149d7O.jpg

e8mc8e6.jpg

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 13

I really like the islands at the exits to your rivers. Something for me to consider next time I play with rivers.

In Wurm Online I once came across a river on Exodus that someone appeared to have actually made by hand. It was the most beautiful thing and surprisingly something I never saw anywhere else in my travels across the servers.

It's so nice to have them in game now with wonderful tools that makes it much more possible.

Here's my latest attempt.

http://imgur.com/a/wuIR6

Very nice looking map! Therra is very nice too, keep up the good work.

Looks like you have some height settings wrong for seeding trees/bushes though judging by how the water looks?

HOLY!!!

you have literally created the map i've been looking to try and get......how much dirt is on this???  I will definitely be using this baby ty!

HOLY!!!

you have literally created the map i've been looking to try and get......how much dirt is on this???  I will definitely be using this baby ty!

It really is a beautiful map, wish it was 4096 or larger though.

Looks like 50 dirt from the actions.

Edited by kaos00723
  • Like 1

Very nice looking map! Therra is very nice too, keep up the good work.

Looks like you have some height settings wrong for seeding trees/bushes though judging by how the water looks?

it's kelp :) or supposed to be

Your map is amazing

Edit: I think one of the main issues with this map would be dirt is very thin even right down to the shore lines. In the end after exploring this map for ages and playing around I've decided it would be to hard to mold and shape. Sadly.
 I love the layout of this map, it's very pretty and well thought out apart from that.

Edited by AlexLong

Your map is amazing

Edit: I think one of the main issues with this map would be dirt is very thin even right down to the shore lines. In the end after exploring this map for ages and playing around I've decided it would be to hard to mold and shape. Sadly.

I love the layout of this map, it's very pretty and well thought out apart from that.

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 1

what amount of dirt would be nice though? I could give it a try to update it with higher dirt layer :)

edit: aww....guess I need to try on a new map to do that, when I change the dirtlayer now it raises the land too much, resulting in rivers getting lost :/ but it would still be nice to know what height would be good for dirt, so I can build it in in the very beginning when creating a map

I'm really not sure. Personally I'd leave this map as is, not everyone would be looking for large amounts of dirt. a thin layer and lots of rock adds something different and different challenges compared to any server on Wurm Online. I can think of a few people off the top of my head that would probably use it for that reason. 

Gonna give your new one a try today :D

I think a good dirt layer would be around 120, I remember on Freedom Isles it was crazy like 180 dirt that's just too much lol.

I think a good dirt layer would be around 120, I remember on Freedom Isles it was crazy like 180 dirt that's just too much lol.

my last map, berithana has 120 :) only problem I noticed, is that the landscape suddenly gets jagged from dropping so much dirt O.oI wished there would be an option to smooth the dirt...don't wanna adjust the max slope setting, since I don't know if it will affect ingame max slopes for digging also.

Well miretta, have you ever thought that one could make four heightmaps, say 2048x2048, then join the images into one 4096x4096 heightmap and take this big map as the basis whereupon then to drop dirt and biomes etc?

One continent for pvp and 3 for pve, all in one single map...

Well miretta, have you ever thought that one could make four heightmaps, say 2048x2048, then join the images into one 4096x4096 heightmap and take this big map as the basis whereupon then to drop dirt and biomes etc?

One continent for pvp and 3 for pve, all in one single map...

You can drop more dirt on the existing map and keep your rivers.  Just raise the water height :)

I am personally keeping my dirt layers in the 50-100 range.  I like access to the rock surfaces.  I've never minded sculpting my deeds out of rock, then dropping dirt for the finish.  If you go down to rock, it is easier to attach your mine entrances to your crafting halls.  But I know most people hate to surface mine.

new updated version with 50 as dirt layer(i think it had only 30 before) and changed biomes, since I couldn't import old map into map generator.

Riverlands2

UqJC9Ho.png

Edited by Miretta
link update

Wery well done!
I cant wait to see it in my server. :)
Thank you!

Edited by Stewen

Newcomer here (to the forums and really the game too), joined here solely to use and ask about this map - looks very enticing! What kinds of ore are found on this map?

Edited by Ignacius
  • Like 1

I love this map I have it on my server and all love it the only problem I have found that most of the map if you dig one dirt you are hitting rock so i spend a lot of time dropping dirt and modding the land for other players. This map would be awesome as a 4096 sized map also.

Edited by Sullius

On 8/10/2016 at 10:27 PM, Sullius said:

I love this map I have it on my server and all love it the only problem I have found that most of the map if you dig one dirt you are hitting rock so i spend a lot of time dropping dirt and modding the land for other players. This map would be awesome as a 4096 sized map also.

look further down in the thread :) I updated the map with a slightly higher dirt layer at some point. It is a little different from original map, but i tried to stay as close as possible.

On 7/21/2016 at 10:42 PM, Ignacius said:

Newcomer here (to the forums and really the game too), joined here solely to use and ask about this map - looks very enticing! What kinds of ore are found on this map?

as far as I remember I always generated all the ores available in wurm for every map I did :)