Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Bugged fountains renamed

We have a another year to enjoy them, while we look forward to new game content.

I call a it a good compromise. 

A year to enjoy something that was paid for that was supposedly going to be left alone.

Poor guys who bought these the week before the announcement...

Life Lesson:  If you find a bug, fix it before decades change.

Guys when  players are not included in  things they scream ,  this time they where invited  into a discussion , so lets not scream.  People had a chance to voice  opinions and ideas. That does not mean we are in charge of the game and how things are done, it only means  time was taken to gather our input and give us a heads up rather than a Ninja nerf.

Basically we asked to be included in  discussions and we got it on this one. 

• Like 10

• We will add features that compensate for the loss of most or all of the functionality that these provide up until then.

Always glad to see new content added. Should steadily address some of those bugs as well though  ;)

• Like 1

There are SO many other BROKEN things that need attention so much more than this.  I think thats what everyone is pissed about.  

• Like 2

What the actual ######?

This is literally te dumbest thing you could do. "They will change in function ability over time", what the ###### does that mean? Does it mean they and all our items in them will poof one Monday morning 2 months away? Does it mean the items will take 50x decay? What????

I cannot believe this is a change you are putting in.

What compensation? What is some compensation?

This games development is so off track, no wonder you have staff dropping out left and right.

The functionality of the source rift itself will not be changing at all. It will simply expire upon the deadline.

[01:10:24] A black hole with shimmering edges. It is unstable and will disappear in about 368 days, 19 hours and 49 minutes. Ql: 17.921877, Dam: 0.0.

Over time we will be introducing changes based on feedback given as well as other projects currently being undertaken, these changes will not be to the source rift itself, but will serve to replace the functionality given by these containers, meaning they are accessible for all.

• Like 1

[06:15:41] A black hole with shimmering edges. It is unstable and will disappear in about 368 days, 19 hours and 44 minutes. Ql: 15.208417, Dam: 0.0.

Doesn't get much more accurate than a timer like that when you examine lol 

• Like 1

This game is so backwards with what is fixed, content thats released, ect.. Maybe all the WU money can be used to hiring someone who has a bit of common sense.

Hint: Some people play this game for economy.  Between your choices and the drop in the price of Euro, the notion of economy is slowly fading.  Once that is gone you lose another portion of players.  

Example:  You just went to Hollywood. Popped the tires on everyone's exotic cars just because you heard the bum on the corner that has begged everyday of his life cry because he has no car.

I'm going to look at this from a dev view.

WO is not a game for you to make money it's soul purpose was for the game dev to make a living. On the player side be lucky he allows you to make money unlike most all others do not.

This was a bug and went on long time and is now being fixed. Not the bug you wanted fixed oh well it is a bug and a bug getting fixed is always good. If it hurts your income oh well the game wasn't developed for you as a job but a relaxing game enjoyment. If you made it a job thats on you look at it as a job going out of buisness.

• Like 8

A year to enjoy something that was paid for that was supposedly going to be left alone.

Poor guys who bought these the week before the announcement...

Life Lesson:  If you find a bug, fix it before decades change.

Life Lesson: Design a game other people want to play, than you can make the decisions about how you run it. 

They already said they are leaving the functionality in until they replace it with something comparable so at this point your just being greedy "It was mine first so no one else can have any" ~ Some 4 year old before he learned sharing in school.  You payed for a bugged item, and now you have to live with the repercussion, like anyone else in life who made a bad investment and had to eat a loss because of it.  In this case though just be happy you will get something to replace it and stop being a sore looser because everyone else gets it to who is crying again?

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 2

can we fix permissions for pvp on chaos? the game is still broken

Can't bash walls/structures on enemy deeds, can't drop stuff when templar is alive, can't drop in enemy house AT ALL

Can't cast spells on enemy deed.

Can't use sorcery abilities/karma  on enemy deed.

and CAN WE REMOVE HUNTED STATUS FROM CHAOS????

The permissions broke Chaos, it is still broken. Now if devs are wasting their time to fix fountain pans instead of making it possible to play one of the servers it really gets to me. Why isn´t this looked at? Why is no one giving us feedback? In general permissions change was a good thing, but it really screwed one server more then anyone can belive and now quite some time later you cannot drop stuff on an enemy deed if templar is alive, you cannot drop items inside houses you are not on writs? How is this open world sandbox full loot pvp server? I see an enemy and try to cast a spell but i cannot because he is on his deed? No matter that there is no real houses left, the deed has been drained and all the templars/guards are dead?

The functionality of the source rift itself will not be changing at all. It will simply expire upon the deadline.

[01:10:24] A black hole with shimmering edges. It is unstable and will disappear in about 368 days, 19 hours and 49 minutes. Ql: 17.921877, Dam: 0.0.

Over time we will be introducing changes based on feedback given as well as other projects currently being undertaken, these changes will not be to the source rift itself, but will serve to replace the functionality given by these containers, meaning they are accessible for all.

So until the end of that time - nothing will have extra decay or will get lost in the rift?

Out of interest did the information from the other thread get compiled by retrograde? This guy pulls information out of his behind it seems.

Why on earth this is an issue when there are game breaking permission bugs on PvP and PvE is beyond me. But hay ho I guess the Dev team know exactly what is more important.

Guys, I think they just need to be reminded of all the current bugs.  I urge you all to make a post with a current bug you are unsatisfied with.

Why on earth this is an issue when there are game breaking permission bugs on PvP and PvE is beyond me. But hay ho I guess the Dev team know exactly what is more important.

I never had a problem with others having the same functionality that I enjoyed.  I pulled alot of my items out just in case.  Now I have had to spend time repairing these items.  I hope that there is something put into place so others will know the relief of knowing they do not need to repair every day.

The permissions bugs are still being worked on and we are aiming to address them all in one update rather than piece by piece, as it is a large undertaking it may take a little longer

Life Lesson: Design a game other people want to play, than you can make the decisions about how you run it. 

They already said they are leaving the functionality in until they replace it with something comparable so at this point your just being greedy "It was mine first so no one else can have any" ~ Some 4 year old before he learned sharing in school.  You payed for a bugged item, and now you have to live with the repercussion, like anyone else in life who made a bad investment and had to eat a loss because of it.  In this case though just be happy you will get something to replace it and stop being a sore looser because everyone else gets it to who is crying again?

Edited by tgod

It may be tough for many to lose their fountain pans over the next year - but honestly, this was by far the best option to take in a no-win scenario like this.

You're going to piss off a lot less people than you normally would. CodeClub AB is definitely improving, and I'm impressed.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 12

Out of all the options in the other thread, the best WO could come up with is a 1 year extension? *golf clap* I for one am sick and tired of all the yellling and screaming over fountain pans. Are they a bugged item? Sure. Does WO have a lot of them? YES! But you don't see a lot of the others getting this kind of forum milage. IMO just hand out magic chests for each fountain pan and be done with it. There is no need to cause all this animosity between the haves and have nots as they are now called, in former times it might have been called jealousy and greed :P Now lets go argue about something else eh? ;)

For my other two cents, as I skimmed one of the fountain pan threads and found retrograde working one side of the argument, it only reinforced my belief that this whole idea of "public input" was for show and that the decision had been made. It simply looked unprofessional to have a PR guy taking a personal interest in one side of an argument in a public debate/info gathering thread.

• Like 10

For my other two cents, as I skimmed one of the fountain pan threads and found retrograde working one side of the argument, it only reinforced my belief that this whole idea of "public input" was for show and that the decision had been made. It simply looked unprofessional to have a PR guy taking a personal interest in one side of an argument in a public debate/info gathering thread.

I have designed a game to play, its called my own life..  Greed isnt involved, I worked for my money and consider anything spent here entertainment.  This isnt my savings account homie.  Nor my job.  

BTW out of the 10 pans I have 1 was bought for 25s

• Like 1

A trade in item would've been the obvious choice.  Actually, fixing the bug shortly after discovery would've been the obvious choice.

I would have been entirely happy with a trade in,  but half the base would have still yelled bloody murder, admit it guys ., no matter what yelling is going to  happen.

• Like 1

Out of all the options in the other thread, the best WO could come up with is a 1 year extension? *golf clap* I for one am sick and tired of all the yellling and screaming over fountain pans. Are they a bugged item? Sure. Does WO have a lot of them? YES! But you don't see a lot of the others getting this kind of forum milage. IMO just hand out magic chests for each fountain pan and be done with it. There is no need to cause all this animosity between the haves and have nots as they are now called, in former times it might have been called jealousy and greed :P Now lets go argue about something else eh? ;)

• Like 1

Feel sorry for those who bought them... You got 1 year of use out of it.

I just see this as a bad move from a business standpoint.  Most people who own these are the same people who have towns full of premium alts, own huge multiple deeds, buy magical chests from traders, buy rares and supremes frequently from noobs which help them get prem.  In other words a bigger money maker for Codeclub than the casual player.  Seems like the wrong population the prod.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this