Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Two WU Server files?

Well i am not sure what is going on but when i download the WU game and WU server from steam i end up with two separate WU server folders. There is one inside my WU game file folder and one alone in its own WU dedicated server file folder.  I guess you get one when you download the game client and the separate one when you download the server files from the test section thing.

I guess the only reason you need to use the dedicated server files from steam is if you have a pc that you don't intend on using to install or run the game client on? 

Hi Kegan,

If hosting your own PC based game I recommend using the dedicated server rather then the one that's part of the game.

When you logout of the one that's part of the game (and not the dedicated server) then it closes down your server too. If you use the dedicated server then you can login/logout your client independently without impacting your server.

Hi Kegan,

If hosting your own PC based game I recommend using the dedicated server rather then the one that's part of the game.

When you logout of the one that's part of the game (and not the dedicated server) then it closes down your server too. If you use the dedicated server then you can login/logout your client independently without impacting your server.

Well you can use the server launcher thing that is in the WU server folder to launch the server from instead of using the manage server button from the launcher window and it works fine for me.  

I was just having trouble with my custom map showing up because i was putting them in the dedicated server folder but was using the server files that come with the game, lol

Edited by Kegan

Lol I had same problem with the ModLauncher...put in wrong folder WurmserverLauncher instead of WurmDedicatedServerLauncher