Sign in to follow this  
Martynas5

Skillgain tick problem

While mining with sleep bonus or not, i dont get mining skillgain for every second action or two in row, that's random.

in WO we were used to rule 1.01 - 39.99, I expect in WU it works on the same or similar rules

and what that means?

- if you fail badly and result is in ql 1.00 ... none skill gain

- if you did it too well and result ql is above 39.99 ... none skill gain

- you want result shards in ql range from 1.01 to 39.99 ... you have skill tick

so, if you have too much shards ql 1.00 - use better ql pickaxe or mine tile with more easy metal vein or stone

if you have too much shards above ql 39.99, use lower ql pickaxe or switch to harder metal vein

tiles with ql limit below 39.99 (poor and acceptable) you can't distinguish if you are producing shards below or above 39, so you should watch closer frequency of your skill ticks ...^

^ the same apply, if your mining is below 39.99 ^

for checking limit of tile read here: http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Prospecting

result is: mining for top quality shards or mining for skill you need quite different pickaxes (or even switch for different vein)

Edited by Zakerak

in wu you get skill gain even if you mine a 1 ql shard and not just that, it does not matter if your action timer is 1s or 30s you always gain the same amount if skill

Edited by hoof2000

in WU, CoC and WoA + high QL tools are all very desirable (something I wish were true for WO)

Skillgains still ridiculously slow even with a 99ql fantastic pick with 104woa and coc at 23 skill and 3.5x skill 2.5x action.