Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

$400k revenue and growing

Since we seem to be doing this in dollars. In the EU it's effectively 30.5 dollars, from which VAT then needs to be deducted (20% or so on average if I'm not mistaken, 25% in Sweden specifically but I believe it depends on where the buyer lives), then steam also takes 30% from what I've heard over the years, then the publisher with whom they partnered takes another unknown percentage.

So yeah, Code Club receives a lot less than the full steam store price per sale. My guess would be in the 14-16 dollar area for EU sales and a bit more from sales in countries where a sales tax isn't included in the price.

So when do the improvements being added to WOnline get added to WUltimate? If WU is contributing all of this money then where is sitting and all this other stuff? Is this the way Rolf is going to woo people away from WU and to WO, by screwing over the WU base?

WU gets a major patch at the end of each month which is when they "catch up" with the live servers. It makes more sense than frequent patches like WO, since different servers with mods and rulesets all need to adapt to each change.

They already "caught up" on things like pottery kilns and large capacity smelters, they will get sitting too. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

On 5-11-2015 at 11:01 PM, Wurmhole said:

I'm really not that bad at math ;)

14000 buyers in 2 weeks.

2 weeks x 26 = 52 weeks in a year.

14000 x 26 = 364000

364000 x $28 = $10 mil.

That's not how indie game sales work though lol... usually you get like 80% of all your sales in the first few weeks.

Even AAA games drop to 50% discount periodically after half a year these days

Edited by Dextrome

After the initial sales of WU short term, I think the more valued concept to focus upon is the long term publicity that being a game available on Steam brings to WU/WO. Then over time new players will purchase the game of WU and possibly try out WO as well, although this is pretty elusive to quantify in the numbers that this post attempts to present.

I suppose CodeClub got a nice cash injection from these past few months since release and now the focus will be more upon maintaining the interest in the game that this release has sparked. A number of these WU servers are being run pretty well with innovations being made within them, so if these servers remain offering these enjoyable alternatives to WO both games will benefit in the end, yet slowly over time.

=Ayes=

On 04/11/2015 at 9:16 AM, sunsvortex said:

I have been hearing hushed rumors of a Unity version....but its just that .... rumors. Hopefully they are looking at something like that.

I hope so.  I was playing around with Unity prior to WU coming on the scene and was getting remarkable results with terrain generation.   Assets like Gaia,  Terrain Composer, RTP, Tenkoku, Cena ... all give visual results that would make your jaw drop. 

Where my "Britannia" project came unstuck was the game part.  All the multiplayer components, rules engines,  all that stuff was beyond me.

But what little I could create using terrain engines was not just awesome...  it was fun too. 

3 minutes ago, enoofu said:

Rather they look at Unreal Engine 4

Rolf would never concede to that 5% fee