Sign in to follow this  
Velintar

Problem with permission for destroying fences [Fixed]

Hello.

Trying to destroy fence using catapult on ally deed but it is missing all times while hiting 90% in other place (non deed). All boxes in permissions are looks marked.

When I try to destroy fence first time I ges message: "You have received the hunted status and may be attacked without penalty for half an hour."

I can damage fence with maul but can't damage it with catapult...

PS: suport ticket #71447

upd:

When I'm try to damage fences with catapuld on ally AND main deed i get message: "You have received the hunted status and may be attacked without penalty for half an hour."

As mayor on ally deed, i can damage fence with catapult, but not as ally_member...  But ALL the boxes are cheked in role setings for friends and ally...

Here are the screenshopt of permissions on ally deed:

For friends:

cea5ee5f6235t.jpg

For Ally:

897c5d7b1950t.jpg

On main deed as sitizen without permission on destroy BUILDINGS I can't destroy frnces with catapult aswell (permissions looks like this):

65d2982fd015t.jpg

BUT I can damage fense with catapult if i heve permission to destroy buildings for sitizen:

2a77d1b96e57t.jpg

Still I think it is a bug becouse for "fences" there is a special box "destroy fences"

Also I don't understand why there is no possibility  to give ally members those roles that are in the bottom of sitizen chart. In my case I cant give ally member permission to destroy buildings :( :(

I cant even give permission fo friends to destroy buildings: all other permissions could be given but not this one :(

Even when I try to create a new role for specific player, I'm marking those blue roles at the botom, but when role created those permissions desapear! :(

Edited by Velintar

I get the same issues.

Havent tried it with the mayor as he is to weak to use a catapult.

But i have tried it with:

- an allied account.

- an villiger account 

I can beat the walls the normal way by large maul as long as i have the "desrtroy wall" checked.

When i use the catapult i end up hunted everytime (as i stated before i havent tried it with the mayor yet).

The deed i have tried it are HOS Farms mainly.

Edited by Daash

Problem still not solved: to destroy fences with catapult  player must be given permission "Destroy Any Buildings".

And this permissions can be given to Citizens ONLY.   :(

Thank you for your details and your troubleshooting of the issue.  I've logged the issue for the devs to consider the citizen only impact of destroy any buildings.

Peoblem is still exist!

I can't destroy fenses on ally deed using catapult:

I fired 25 rocks at same place (they fall in proper place) and all 25/25 times i got message "You just missed some fences with the rock shards."

then I moved to non-deed place and fired another 20 rocks at another fenses and hit 17/20

So I can say for sure that it is not skill problem it is something with damned permissions!

Once agan: I marked(allowed) ALL boxes in ALL roles (friends/ally/cirizen/non-cirizen) and still I cant destroy fence with catapult as an ally member!

On my trader deed, even though I have given my main all permissions available, I can not destroy fences by catapult either. Same message over and over, you just missed the fences, I gave it 10 shots, more than enough to have destroyed the fences at a 10 winch range. ;)

Another thing I noticed, even though the option is there to edit attach locks on the roles, it will not save when you tick off the 3 box's below and save as below. Can tick them off and save, but when you reopen the list they are back to being unchecked.

KITQlxC.png

Edited by JakeRivers

Jakerivers - the blue items in a list are citizen only permissions.  That is the reason they revert to unchecked when the role is not that of a citizen of the deed.

The other issue with not being able to destroy fences on a deed as an ally is already logged in the bug list.  At this time, it requires the citizen only Destroy Any Building permission.

On 11/25/2015, 7:35:59, Alectrys said:

The other issue with not being able to destroy fences on a deed as an ally is already logged in the bug list.  At this time, it requires the citizen only Destroy Any Building permission.

Has this been addressed yet?

I have several deeds with non-prem alts as mayors, and if I can't work on these deeds with my main, there is no point in having them.

Edited by JakeRivers

Really hoping this can be addressed, in the mean time I will destroy a few of the offending fences the old fashion way, bashing for ages.

A new bug, on a disbanded deed there was some fences I wanted to take down. I set up the catapult and fired away, put a dozen shots into the fence with the message you have missed. So I walked over to see where the rocks were landing and it was beside a locked gate with permissions set. I moved the catapult and aimed it at a regular section of fence and took it out in just a few shots.

This seems similar to not being able to catapult fences on a alliance deed with the permission to destroy fences allowed.

http://imgur.com/FrI911J Same issue. I can't not catapult any remaining walls... AND i can not bash with weapons either [12:16:15] You need permission in order to make modifications to this structure. building isn't even on deed its on serenity 

Problem still not solved! :(

Olny Mayor and Citizens can use catapult to destroy fences on deed.

Even if ALL permissions are allowed for ALL other types of players.

I am going to have to premium a mayor alt for my main deed and play musical deeds with my main to remove obnoxious fences. 8(

Picked up another deed, this one has a sea of fences on it, I do not want to waste my time bashing these down at .5 damage per hit.

Either make it so a non-prem mayor can bash fences, or allow permissions that can be set to allow someone to catapult these things.

I have 3 deeds now I would like to finish the terraforming on and can not continue due to this problem.

Back to the top till this is fixed.

I have no means to resonably work on my deeds with my main as there is no way to destroy fences in a reasonable manner.

I can not even invite my main into the bloody deed for a short term as you get this:

[10:15:41] You are not allowed to invite players to your settlement. Since you were never a premium player your account may be deleted and the settlement may end up without mayor.

Fix allied or individual roles for destroy fences with catapults.

You can work around it by either making a citizen premium and give them permissions, making the mayor premium and trading the deed to a premium alt or bashing.

Citizen of the deed can't even catapult.

In all cases it will cost 10s to achieve this.

Edited by JakeRivers

41 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Citizen of the deed can't even catapult.

Citizens of the deed CAN catapult the fence, the issue is they need the Destroy Any Buildings permission (at the very bottom of the Role Management screen).  The original poster mentioned this in his detailed report of the bug.

So a citizen can, but allowing that permission is not wise unless that citizen is your own alt or a trustworthy friend.

This issue should be resolved with today's update by allowing the permission DESTROY ANY BUILDING available for all roles except non-citizen.

Be sure to only grant this permission to a helper or alt that you trust because in addition to catapulting fences on your deed, they can also destroy any building.

This permission will allow an ally or specially created role to help catapult fences on your deed, destroy buildings and destroy mine doors.  

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/140958-patch-notes-04may16/